Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1116

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    OT: maybe we should also start a list where red-flag-raising people go.

Like complete newcomers soliciting for money and free tails, telling sob stories no one can verify, and then totally flipping tables and claiming they are being harassed or cyber-crimed when not immediately getting their way.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    OT: maybe we should also start a list where red-flag-raising people go.

Like complete newcomers soliciting for money and free tails, telling sob stories no one can verify, and then totally flipping tables and claiming they are being harassed or cyber-crimed when not immediately getting their way.
    Sssshh Echidna! Stop or she'll call you a cyber stalker too!
    Me personally, I said the truth and done nothing else. No scales off my tail. Life goes on.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 06-21-2018 at 05:06 AM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    Hello,

im new in here and was searching in how to block or ban or add someone to a list. My first comment was just rude and negative but don’t want her to be able to contact me or view me. Thanks for doing this. I was a court advocate for sexually assault and domestic violence victims and cyberstalking is a crime!
    Based on all of your other comments on the site so far I'd like to strongly encourage you to search out a mental health forum instead. You made some argumentative and rude posts, and people replied to you correcting you, and now you're eluding that they're cyberstalking you. As you have already been told, there is no block function, so this may not be the forum for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    Hello,

im new in here and was searching in how to block or ban or add someone to a list. My first comment was just rude and negative but don’t want her to be able to contact me or view me. Thanks for doing this. I was a court advocate for sexually assault and domestic violence victims and cyberstalking is a crime!
    i just came from the show your tails thread and the blocking thread and i don't believe anyone is bullying you here. they are just telling the truth and helping you out. the way you responded to this was extremely unnecessary and rude.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    A local reporter wanted to take some pictures of me in my tail. We went to the beach where posed for him. While doing so, a woman, named Stacy, ran up to me and yelled "You're so sexy!" at me twice. She then went behind me and straddled my tail, apparently pretending I was her personal sex toy as I lay there on a public beach. I asked her to stop being abusive. She stopped touching me and let go of my fluke, came to my side and offered me a sip of her drink (predictably, the glass was empty, save for ice). As I don't drink (and wanted her to leave me alone), I declined.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Ouch! I hope she left you alone after that.

How'd you know her name? I gather she was (1) drunk and (2) known for nonsense like this.

Something about seeing mers in costume tends to bring out the worst in people. I really wonder why.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    The guy who was photographing me for the local paper asked her.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

jesus, sorry that happened, I've had men do similar in person and it sucks because you can't get up and walk away

Collectors?

Ok so I posted some photos of me in my tail on the mertailor private group last night. A lot of people liked it one person commented. But what is makeing me uncomfortable. Is I had one person like my page then send me a friend request, but the problem is I don’t know this person he hasn’t talked to me. He is not a mer and it looks like he has a few mers in his friends list.

Would this guy qualify as a collector?

I don’t mind adding people I’ve talked to and am comfortable with. but as it is my personal Facebook page I don’t want a bunch of strangers seeing everything I post every day.

Ps: don’t know how to make a FB and instagram just for my mer self or I would have done that already!

What do y’all think. The guy on face book is called Tony Pozos

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I've had requests from him too. Just ignore him. As for setting up FB and Instagram: on FB you can make a page, there are links all over it just takes some looking, or you can do a search on Google or in the FB bar. Instagram you have to get the free app and make a profile.

oh hey all I met Tony in person, I actually introduced him to the mermaid world! And he's got an account on here He's just like, a friend to every mermaid. So no worries there. He'll like your stuff, share it, and cheer you on! I've known Tony since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    oh hey all I met Tony in person, I actually introduced him to the mermaid world! And he's got an account on here He's just like, a friend to every mermaid. So no worries there. He'll like your stuff, share it, and cheer you on! I've known Tony since 2012
    Thank you Raina that makes me happy !!! Lol that makes him my first official fan ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Welp, after some good press lately I've been getting added by a whole ton of mers and freedivers on Facebook, though I have to kind of be careful not to go crazy with it as it's my personal Facebook they're adding, not my mermaid page. Lots of lovely people among them, and then the occasional strange one... Just got a request from Richard Straube, found mention of him on here and NOPE no thanks. Don't even want to message him first like I do with many folks to find out what he's adding me for, rather not be seen as a potential subject of foot/tail fetish.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

Honestly I tell people not to add anyone they don't know.

Hey all, just encountered this guy on my personal instagram page. Just a heads up.
    I've been in a mood this past week and I'm really not feeling like dealing with merverts so I shut this down right away. Name:  Screenshot_20180810-000159_Instagram.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  36.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20180810-000207_Instagram.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  40.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20180810-000244_Instagram.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  39.7 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

UGH

Senior Member Pod of The South MidsummerMermaid's Avatar
    It's good that you put on the breaks as soon as you did

Sent from my shell phone using MerNetwork mobile app
    ***** I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living *****

SHUT THAT SHIP DOWN!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Ugh, got a friend request from Craig Bohn. Part of me nearly feels flattered to be getting added by my first well known collector/mervert, but of course thanks to you lot I will NOT be accepting that request.
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

So totally random, but I gave an interview to a news agency a few weeks ago and it resulted in a lot of other agencies picking up the story. One thing that caught fire was the discussion around merverts.

New York post: https://nypost.com/video/merverts-ar...g-on-mermaids/

Fox news (don't read the comments lol) https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pr...buVq9zGW_hGvdE

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast