Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1116

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So totally random, but I gave an interview to a news agency a few weeks ago and it resulted in a lot of other agencies picking up the story. One thing that caught fire was the discussion around merverts.

New York post: https://nypost.com/video/merverts-ar...g-on-mermaids/

Fox news (don't read the comments lol) https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pr...buVq9zGW_hGvdE
    Fascinated to see some media picking up the issue! Here’s hoping none of them take it in the other direction or make it worse for you hun, congrats on more coverage!

I forgot to post about it on here at the time but a few weeks ago many UK mers were getting pestered by what we believe to be another alias of Sam Knight again, and I was one of them. For those not in the know he tries to get mers to come ALONE to gigs down south in England for big pay, but as far as we know it’s an ambush of some sort and he’s known to the police. This time it was under the name Ashley Johnson (so either him or a friend maybe) and I didn’t realise right away but then humoured “her” for a couple sentences to confirm suspicions. Yup, told I’d be paid to drive down etc but not my mertender and asked why I even needed one. When I said it was for safety, got a reply of “Will my boyfriend do?” Pffffff hell no genius, oh my god bye.

Got screenshots of it still as a reminder after blocking the creep. Be careful out there folks, especially new mers in the UK.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    So totally random, but I gave an interview to a news agency a few weeks ago and it resulted in a lot of other agencies picking up the story. One thing that caught fire was the discussion around merverts.

New York post: https://nypost.com/video/merverts-ar...g-on-mermaids/

Fox news (don't read the comments lol) https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pr...buVq9zGW_hGvdE
    Haha, I read the comments. Nasty. People can suck.

The thing that got me is that 1) people think you 'identify' as a mermaid rather then just perform as one, and 2) that they think mermen aren't a thing.

Also saying it's the "hypocrisy" of the #metoo movement. Lol.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah Americans are weird lol. Politicizing everything too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Haha, I read the comments. Nasty. People can suck.

The thing that got me is that 1) people think you 'identify' as a mermaid rather then just perform as one, and 2) that they think mermen aren't a thing.

Also saying it's the "hypocrisy" of the #metoo movement. Lol.
    Some people here do identify as mermaids, though...just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

I waded through the cesspit of evil that is the comments section. Seriously don't know why Fox hasn't closed it down already.

There's no need to politicise anything. If there's a better proof of the doctrine of total depravity, I have not seen it.

Now not everyone who put up a sickening comment is a mervert in waiting, but the fact they excuse these idiots' behaviour is bad enough.
    Last edited by Ransom; 11-02-2018 at 02:09 AM.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ankhali View Post
    Some people here do identify as mermaids, though...just saying.

True, but I wasn't talking generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    True, but I wasn't talking generalizations.
    Okay, cool. It just came off a little unclear.

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

YOU FISSSSH STEPHEN COLBERT JUST DID A SEGMENT ON MY ARTICLE I AM DYING HE QUOTED ME AND MADE FISH PUNS AND PUBLICLY SHAMED THE MERVERTS AHHH

AHHHHHHHB

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

You can watch it here around the 2:30 mark: https://www.facebook.com/colbertlate...Og&__tn__=FC-R

YOU FISSSSH STEPHEN COLBERT JUST DID A SEGMENT ON MY ARTICLE I AM DYING HE QUOTED ME AND MADE FISH PUNS AND PUBLICLY SHAMED THE MERVERTS AHHH
    Haha

Omigosh!! Those PUNS! SO GOOD. That's awesome, Raina!!! WOMANATEE.

I also gave a local radio interview on the topic: http://www.rock1051.com/chatting-wit...sPd6Y_9QmGzwK8

watch out for this scary dude, and if you have time report his profiles, this is insane

@_@ Hot damn that be one evil-ass b-tard. Hope IG and his local mental health authorities take action.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Ew. That's so gross and creepy.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Holy mackerel! I can’t believe this guy!

That’s disgusting. That horrible misogynistic man should be arrested for harassment. This shouldn’t slide in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    no results found for "themermannn" but i reported "dontblockmeagainseabitch" for harassment
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Yikes I knew merverts were a thing but I've also noticed a few people adding me in my instagram who self-identify as "mermaid collectors" or who have pages entirely devoted to reposts of mermaid photographs. These things can sometimes blur the lines between supportive and creepy. I suppose it depends on the subject matter and if credit is given to the source.

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253545556 LastLast