Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

I just got a friend request from merman triton. I didn't accept it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I found out about Merman Triton in the MERMAIDS group, and I also found out about Michael Louis on there. Well, to be honest, Michael is a big question mark for me, and it might be best for me to drop it until something more concrete ever comes up if it ever does. His account last time I checked was completely fake. He just never looked like a real person, so I never accepted any of his friend requests or responded to his messages. The reason I'm bringing him up is because he's very persistent with the Hi's and Hello's in the PMs. I read on here that something like that could turn into an unpleasant conversation, so I personally never ran into issues with him because I never really engaged with him. In the MERMAIDS group, someone that did engage with him had the conversation turning into one about the merboy doing a video by himself. I saved the screenshots just in case. Like I said with him, I never personally ran into issues with him because when I looked at his account he didn't seem like a real person so I never engaged with him. It appeared to me that people who have engaged with him on things have run into issues, but everything is fuzzy and vague. MY hopes are that if there is anything to this guy, a pattern may develop on here before anyone puts a title on him. To me, the Michael guy seems like he may be just a little misguided, but I do think that the Merman Triton guy was getting under a lot of people's scales. By the way, how do most people handle other people asking for your tail, just curious?

Junior Member Pod of The South MermaidFifi's Avatar
    Add MermaidFifi on Facebook
    Thanks to all of you and reading every name, I know now who to avoid and while I personally haven't had any problems with merverts, I've unfriended every name listed. Thank you all
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
    I do not think that they will sing to me."
    - T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

WHO HAS BEEN GETTING THE ROLE PLAYING GUY?

I havent got my screen shots handy but he is messaging loads of mers trying to start a role play with them without their consent and getting offended when they explain they aren't interested and their fan pages are for business only.

A CLARIFICATION FOR NEW PEOPLE ON HOW THIS THREAD WORKS:

This thread That I created, as detailed in the first post, is NOT just for merverts, but also for documenting unwanted communication, and "collectors", along with trolls. For the most part I think people actually DO follow the rules in the thread. If you arent familiar with how the thread works, all the info is on Page 1. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...OVEN-offenders

We need a safe place to discuss this stuff, and document this. If you read it and arent offended by something that someone else is, that's fine, that's you, and you are under no obligation to block the person or do anything. Many people come here with their little bit of info to ask what do others think or have others had an experience with someone? So I don't really want *any* censoring of it unless we see bullying/misuse in which case we've outlined the consequences of that on Page 1.

Everything is at your own discretion and comfort level.

So please before you post, or before you criticize others for posting (I know that's a strong word I just can't think of a better one, so it's not meant to attack anyone) please ready post #1

I'll do my best to try and keep the rules in mind.

I haven't gotten the role playing guy. I'll keep an eye out though.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    A CLARIFICATION FOR NEW PEOPLE ON HOW THIS THREAD WORKS:

This thread That I created, as detailed in the first post, is NOT just for merverts, but also for documenting unwanted communication, and "collectors", along with trolls. For the most part I think people actually DO follow the rules in the thread. If you arent familiar with how the thread works, all the info is on Page 1. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...OVEN-offenders

We need a safe place to discuss this stuff, and document this. If you read it and arent offended by something that someone else is, that's fine, that's you, and you are under no obligation to block the person or do anything. Many people come here with their little bit of info to ask what do others think or have others had an experience with someone? So I don't really want *any* censoring of it unless we see bullying/misuse in which case we've outlined the consequences of that on Page 1.

Everything is at your own discretion and comfort level.

So please before you post, or before you criticize others for posting (I know that's a strong word I just can't think of a better one, so it's not meant to attack anyone) please ready post #1
    Got it.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

I hope my comment earlier wasn't viewed as an attack or even a criticism, just a suggestion to pause. I have seen men feel ostracized not just in the mer community but in other areas of society because of a single comment. As I said, I would never belittle anyone else's feelings and can only hope that my intentions were clear.

no it's cool, i recently suffered a concussion and really struggle with words these days. Just couldnt think of a better word (which is why I put the note in brackets) you are a very kind mermaid who wants to make sure people aren't bullied, and that's totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    no it's cool, i recently suffered a concussion and really struggle with words these days. Just couldnt think of a better word (which is why I put the note in brackets) you are a very kind mermaid who wants to make sure people aren't bullied, and that's totally fine.
    That sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay, though!!
    Aw, thank you! I appreciate your being so understanding!! :'D <3

Uh... Guys? Can you weigh in on this for me? I was contacted by this person tonight, and I don't know how to feel.

Are they legitimately playing a game, or is this going to turn weird?

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Usually when they say, "I want to show you something", its something you don't want to see.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    This Yorae person contacted me a while ago, same wording, and added a "and who are you?"
    Since it's on my page who I am, I didn't respond at all, especially since I had a hunch this would turn weird, and what you posted confirms my hunch was correct.

I mean, it could all be totally harmless, but I'm usually just doing business on my page and not to waste endless hours of chatting with strangers with no other goal than to- er- "roleplay", so I'm glad I just ignored him.
    And I haven't heard from him since.

I ignored him, but he is still messaging me asking me what I'm doing.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

This guy is messaging EVERYONE. dude. WTF.

And it's the exact same messages. It's like he copy/pasted and sent it to every mer on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Usually when someone asks to do an online roleplay, they don't intend to keep it PG

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Usually when they say, "I want to show you something", its something you don't want to see.
    Bahahahahahahaha! Jaffa, that's hilarious...want to see my squid?? LOL!!!!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    I got this too. I ignored without blocking at first, so every few days he would message me "And you are? *smiles*" like he was going to nudge me into conversation. Oh yes, strange dragon pervert, all I needed was your kind guidance on how to proceed with this conversation. Come, let us dance! -headdesk-

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

A role playing person mass messaging women and wanting to show them something and calling himself a dragon? I wonder what he's compensating for...Name:  image.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  32.0 KB
    The SeaGlass Siren

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast