Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Member Rocky Mountain Pod BubbleNeon's Avatar
    I've been keeping up with this, because I'm planning on doing a mermaids instagram page. Do any of these people specifically message on instagram?? (Sorry weird question)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleNeon View Post
    I've been keeping up with this, because I'm planning on doing a mermaids instagram page. Do any of these people specifically message on instagram??
    Some do, the only one that stands out in my mind is lukas_waa on IG. He tends to post on mermaids' pictures and ask how long they can hold their breath, and then tell them that he can do better than them. I've seen him do it at least three times to myself and others, but he has probably done it more often.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    Uh... Guys? Can you weigh in on this for me? I was contacted by this person tonight, and I don't know how to feel.

Are they legitimately playing a game, or is this going to turn weird?

Sorry i have been super busy and havent been checking in here. THIS GUY IS HARASSING EVERYONE WITH HIS DANG ROLE PLAY. No matter how many times people are polite to him and tell them they aren't interested, he keeps pushing it. I just told him off on my sisters page as she's underaged. I specifically told him, dude, mermaids are not the same as the role play you do. You can't just message business pages and decide they're role playing with you. please go join a role playing forum. The kissing the hands to me borders on sexual harassment to be honest.

Ps he is using the same script on everyone.

I'd tear him a new one if I were you because everyone has been trying the nice approach and it's not working.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    Hey guys,
    Have any of you encountered Sebastian Löfkvist?
    He is being very aggressive and horrible to me.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 9.11.55 PM.png
Views: 538
Size:  42.9 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 9.12.35 PM.png
Views: 528
Size:  57.1 KB

yikes what an ass
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Mystery View Post
    yikes what an ass
    I know right? Total jerk. He was acting like he wanted to buy a tail. He was weird from the start, but at first I thought he didn't have a total grasp on english, so I answered his questions. Once he started to ask questions about "how does it feel sweetheart" I realized what was going on.
    Is he bothering anyone else?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Ugh. Asshat.
    Don't let him get to you, hon. He's just salty because he can't have you. Just keep swimming!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Don't worry about him! He's just a sour jerk who is always unhappy and likes to make others feel uncomfortable for his enjoyment! Just keep swimming!

bye felipe

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ah yes, the malcontented, jealous dude.
    I met quite a few of his ilk in the european Larp community, sadly.

It's usually some middle-aged man who cannot bear the thought there are women who can run a successful business with something that is as fun as mermaiding.

No offense to the guys, there are female counterparts to this, but it's more in-the-face jealousy with them, like "you earn money with mermaiding? I could do that totally too, but I have better things to do".
    The jealous men just trash everything you say and do, often while being very resentful in general towards women and how "easy" they have it with everything, yadda yadda.

Ignore, laugh, and move on!

Man, I'm happy I don't get those messages often. There's the standard hey and that gets spammed and that one guy who seemed to troll me asking for a tail. Other than that, I think I'm good. I also recently got a message from someone I have blocked on my personal account saying a picture I shared looked nice in a pm on Facebook. I can't remember why I blocked him and I'm nervous about engaging with him. I blocked him for a reason, but when I deleted my previous meraccount I lost all my evidence.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Also, and I mean this with no ill intentions, I just wanted to ask why I'm having any trouble at all even on the borderline area. I've never had an issue get as bad as what I've seen on here, but I've gotten little bits of stuff like messages pmed and Shagne creeping up on me. Can anyone give me some insight as to why some of these weirdos would be doing that. I'm a merman...I didn't expect to have any issues. Please, excuse me, I feel like my mindset could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dylan View Post
    Also, and I mean this with no ill intentions, I just wanted to ask why I'm having any trouble at all even on the borderline area. I've never had an issue get as bad as what I've seen on here, but I've gotten little bits of stuff like messages pmed and Shagne creeping up on me. Can anyone give me some insight as to why some of these weirdos would be doing that. I'm a merman...I didn't expect to have any issues. Please, excuse me, I feel like my mindset could be wrong.

Be thankful you haven't gotten it so bad! In short, trolls don't discriminate. They annoy everyone, regardless of gender. And they typically don't read before writing so no matter how many times you mention on your page that you're not interested in selling tails, you'll still get those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus the Mermaid View Post
    Be thankful you haven't gotten it so bad! In short, trolls don't discriminate. They annoy everyone, regardless of gender. And they typically don't read before writing so no matter how many times you mention on your page that you're not interested in selling tails, you'll still get those questions.
    Well, I do count myself lucky. If it wasn't because of that and shagene, plus stuff that is borderline weirdness and cat calling or just getting kinda hit on, I guess? I wouldn't even need to worry about this thread. I just honestly never thought my looks or being a merman would attract attention that came anywhere close to this. It never really happened to me except for once or twice. I'm getting off topic. Anyways, maybe I shouldn't wonder why merverts and trolls do what they do.

I received this today from Jake Edwards on Facebook.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 1.45.01 PM.png
Views: 472
Size:  152.1 KB

Honestly, I think it was creepy a stranger was fixating on children...

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Honestly, I think it was creepy a stranger was fixating on children...
    This.

A mervert has been messaging me for days as I've been messing with him. I just convinced him that I've been assigned to spy on him. Fins crossed this makes for some excellent screen shots.

Be careful!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast