Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    the list of names is on the very first post. I keep editing it every few months by posting the names.

Here's a fun one. This guy has multiple profiles. On FB and IG. He sends unsolicited harassing messages to mermaids on fb, many of them sexual, and has done it to a minor.

Name:  17690489_1859807310928603_945589152_n.png
Views: 642
Size:  67.2 KB

This message was sent to a minor mermaid

Name:  17741350_2369445926613248_88422376_n.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  26.4 KB

when he does stuff like this (crosses the line) and then people delete him that's when he resorts to more harassment.

From checking out his profiles it looks like he finds people through the mermaid groups.

A few people have him added- might want to delete him!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    greeeaaaat

fredrik astlid ring a bell with anyone?

He's been sending wierd/innapropriate msgs to one friend that I know about.
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'm just letting all of you know that I'm hearing reports that someone told Paul Parr on Facebook that her picture (he didn't credit her) was on his page and she would prefer for him to take the picture down. Instead of taking the picture down, he blocked her and the picture still remain up. The person does have a 10,000+ photos on his page and includes some really old pictures that some of you removed off the net long ago. I know he doesn't technically count as mervert but the blocking of people on a simple request has me wary.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I'm just letting all of you know that I'm hearing reports that someone told Paul Parr on Facebook that her picture (he didn't credit her) was on his page and she would prefer for him to take the picture down. Instead of taking the picture down, he blocked her and the picture still remain up. The person does have a 10,000+ photos on his page and includes some really old pictures that some of you removed off the net long ago. I know he doesn't technically count as mervert but the blocking of people on a simple request has me wary.
    I believe that is a collector. Which can end up being a mervert.

That what has me worry is the possible path of him to becoming mervert. I don't see why he would block someone if they ask for the photo to be removed unless he had a different motive. It at least give people here knowledge what to expect if they ask for their pictures to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    I believe that is a collector. Which can end up being a mervert.

Survivor of cyberbullies

hey everyone there's a guy that goes by Xavier Martinez/ Israel Martinez Jr and he's been hitting up mermaids a lot. When he first started on my page I thought it was a kid. But did some digging and it turns out he's a grown man trying to solicit mermaids into 1 on 1 time.

He's been sending my company email weird emails about how he lives in new york and why don't we live in canada etc. I have been ignoring him and he bombarded my pages and youtube which is why I thought he was a kid.

He may be mentally delayed, but at the same time he's still being inappropriate and obsessive with people, and wasting time of legit businesses by trying to make these fake bookings! Please be aware~

Name:  18253948_10158571484765425_566665861_n.png
Views: 483
Size:  142.3 KB

Name:  18217178_10158567562745425_830695355_n.png
Views: 479
Size:  95.6 KB

I've seen quite a lot of complaints about him and just the general wasting time and I just wanna warn mers that in most cases you do not want to go do a 1:1 booking with anyone there have been people in the past who tried to exploit mers and were arrested (for a combination of issues, not just for the mer stuff) If this guy contacts you it isn't legit and it may be worth it to just block him so he's not clogging up your communication. He may be mentally delayed but I can't tell for sure.

Still getting stuff from Xaiver

and then this Connor Faust, does anyone remember him? I feel like he was that "ice blue dragon" guy who was emailing everyone wanting to role play???

Name:  18336876_10158600321030425_488424307_n.png
Views: 467
Size:  127.7 KB

Name:  18361268_10158600320650425_1756538356_n.png
Views: 469
Size:  104.5 KB

Name:  hjuj.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  18.8 KB

Again I dont think these people are merverts but still constant unwanted contact and like I said, Xaiver is a grown man

K I seriously don't know what the deal is with Connor and Xavier, but they both emailed my business contact form and left comments on my blog right after another like someone bouncing between accounts. I got 10 from each today on my email and my blog from both guys.

Now I see connor has made a NEW youtube after I blocked him, and is using me as the profile pic

Name:  mhjjj.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  vg nnmn.JPG
Size:  20.7 KB

...i've literally gotten that message no less than 10 times today

I know this is annoying, but I don't think they deserve to be on this thread. This is supposed to be merverts, known offenders. I'm quite sure these are disabled individuals. You have to think of them as children who do not understand appropriate social boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Name:  vg nnmn.JPG
Size:  20.7 KB

...i've literally gotten that message no less than 10 times today

I know this is annoying, but I don't think they deserve to be on this thread. This is supposed to be merverts, known offenders. I'm quite sure these are disabled individuals. You have to think of them as children who do not understand appropriate social boundaries.
    I'm the one who started/defined the thread, it's for any unwanted contact to give people a heads up, and for collectors.

Since making these posts I've found out from other mermaids these are likely the same person making alt accounts once he's been blocked on his main one, a grown man
    who keeps posing as kids (not just these boys but also tried to pose as a middle school girl), and has been trying to book mermaids for 1:1 gigs. He's approached Lanai, Saren, myself, hannah B, and a few others. He goes through people's websites, and has been trying to book mers through gig salad. When they've told him no he keeps making alt accounts and emails to try and contact them and some of them are feeling stalked.

I'm not sure if it's someone with a mental disorder or what, but as he's spamming everyone and isn't actually a potential client I think it's important other mers see this stuff so they know if he contacts them. So they don't waste their time going through the email as if it's an actual client. There was an issue a few years ago with someone doing the same thing. And I had a local man do it to me and yes he was disabled but I still needed to get the police involved because he was relentless and threatening.

That man has harassed me on all my accounts and has made so many fake accounts, he continually tried to book me for parties that are non existent and also has harassed my girl venilia as well. He got me so upset one day after i was in the hospital and wanted more info to where I was in the hospital. I blocked him. Im tired of him Im sorry this is a grown ass man trying to book for 1 guest and after i told him i refuse to do one on one parties without my mertender and stopped doing adult parties he got outright upset at me because he wanted to swim with me and take photos of me . He started getting really creepy after he contacted me on my facebook page. I have a ton of screenshots i got to shrink and compress them cause there's a bunch.

Sorry, the thread name is a little misleading. "A Guide to dealing with Merverts and a list of known PROVEN offenders."

Understand, I'm coming from a different perspective. I have a grown son with developmental delays and autism. I make him ask me before sending any messages online and try to keep his messages from getting overwhelming to people, but I know most parents don't do that. My son just wants to make friends badly, or because he loves a certain fandom he may send a lot of messages, but people don't get that he's disabled so they think he's weird or annoying and sometimes block him. It hurts his feelings so badly because he's really so sweet and just wants friends. He is A-sexual and has the brain of a 7 year old. I would hate to see his name put on a list for perverts just because he doesn't understand social boundaries.

That said, it does not matter what disabilities they have, if they are spamming you or making you feel unsafe, then yes, block them, call the cops, whatever you need to do. Sometimes just letting them know that their behavior is not appropriate and that they are making you uncomfortable is enough to get them to back off, but sometimes not. I have no problem with blocking someone, disabled or not. But I hate to see them end up on a list that is titled Merverts if they haven't made any inappropriate sexual comments.

I'm the one who started/defined the thread, it's for any unwanted contact to give people a heads up, and for collectors.

Since making these posts I've found out from other mermaids these are likely the same person making alt accounts once he's been blocked on his main one, a grown man
    who keeps posing as kids (not just these boys but also tried to pose as a middle school girl), and has been trying to book mermaids for 1:1 gigs. He's approached Lanai, Saren, myself, hannah B, and a few others. He goes through people's websites, and has been trying to book mers through gig salad. When they've told him no he keeps making alt accounts and emails to try and contact them and some of them are feeling stalked.

I'm not sure if it's someone with a mental disorder or what, but as he's spamming everyone and isn't actually a potential client I think it's important other mers see this stuff so they know if he contacts them. So they don't waste their time going through the email as if it's an actual client. There was an issue a few years ago with someone doing the same thing. And I had a local man do it to me and yes he was disabled but I still needed to get the police involved because he was relentless and threatening.

That behavior is not appropriate from anyone and I'm surprised you waited as long as you did to block him.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Mermaid View Post
    That man has harassed me on all my accounts and has made so many fake accounts, he continually tried to book me for parties that are non existent and also has harassed my girl venilia as well. He got me so upset one day after i was in the hospital and wanted more info to where I was in the hospital. I blocked him. Im tired of him Im sorry this is a grown ass man trying to book for 1 guest and after i told him i refuse to do one on one parties without my mertender and stopped doing adult parties he got outright upset at me because he wanted to swim with me and take photos of me . He started getting really creepy after he contacted me on my facebook page. I have a ton of screenshots i got to shrink and compress them cause there's a bunch.

Can't make the thread title any longer, so that's why there's a lengthy description on the first post. But maybe I can get a mod to change the title to "Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more" or something like that! Because it's been a place to just post all of that (with proof) so others can consult when they encounter someone.

As for this guy

I've been able to block most of his stuff, but when he uses my contact form, my email won't let me block him without also blocking the email address of my contact form it's so frustrating. He ended up sending me about 45 emails yesterday just copied and pasted. I replied to one, and didn't add any filler just put "Stop sending these emails" and he seemed to stop for the day. I already get 100s of emails a day to sort through it's super stressful to have someone spam like that.

Yes that would be much better tread title. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. While I can't help but feel sympathy and a bit protective for people with these disorders, I also understand how this could be a major problem...I apologize if it made it seem that I felt you did not have a legitimate complaint.

Can't make the thread title any longer, so that's why there's a lengthy description on the first post. But maybe I can get a mod to change the title to "Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more" or something like that! Because it's been a place to just post all of that (with proof) so others can consult when they encounter someone.

As for this guy

I've been able to block most of his stuff, but when he uses my contact form, my email won't let me block him without also blocking the email address of my contact form it's so frustrating. He ended up sending me about 45 emails yesterday just copied and pasted. I replied to one, and didn't add any filler just put "Stop sending these emails" and he seemed to stop for the day. I already get 100s of emails a day to sort through it's super stressful to have someone spam like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
    Yes that would be much better tread title. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. While I can't help but feel sympathy and a bit protective for people with these disorders, I also understand how this could be a major problem...I apologize if it made it seem that I felt you did not have a legitimate complaint.
    totally fine Blue I knew where you're coming from. There are several members of our community on the Autism spectrum, and many with family members with different intellectual disabilities as well. Got a mod to change the title

I jinxed myself by thinking I got him to stop. Got another 15 emails today!

The new title fits this thread better.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast