Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar

A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

It's been awhile but I found a mervert who has a full blown underwater girl fetish on one of my friend Facebook page. I did let her know about him as soon as I read his profile and saw what his intentions are. Here the information of him asking for specific info relating to his fetish.

Name: David Lucas
    Link to page: https://www.facebook.com/scubasutra
    Proof of screenshots:

Name:  IMG_4669.JPG
Views: 777
Size:  13.4 KB
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    well, at least he does us the courtesy of directly calling himself a fetish guy hahaha

again, nothing at all wrong with having a fetish. it's when people project it onto non-consenting others that it becomes a problem.

Yup, his honesty is... refreshing.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    So... I just got hit with Craig Bohn.

Attachment 24946

Same technique, different mermaid.
    I feel like his "method of holding your breath longer" is some sexual innuendo of like holding your breath longer during a BJ. Not to bring sexual R-rated ness to this thread, but that is the creepy sexual vibe I'm getting from that guy -.-

As referenced by Slim: https://www.facebook.com/gary.dygert...62776580494878, dude has many photos of people reposted. Not too bothered except for his awful editing. Seems like a collector, also I ran into this lovely man today:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 9.36.46 PM.png
Views: 785
Size:  20.1 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/kevinavants/
    He was apologetic but I'm like naaaah leave your filth! #blocked
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Name: Prahlad Singh

Why: He’ll message on Facebook and instantly go overboard with the “I love you” crap and insist to want pictures. He doesn’t take no for an answer. He already messaged Sabrina and I.

Here what he sent to Sabrina
    Name:  IMG_5131.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  15.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_5133.JPG
Views: 580
Size:  15.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_5134.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  15.6 KB

Here what he sent to me
    Name:  IMG_5128.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_5129.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  10.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_5130.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  11.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Survivor of cyberbullies

Sadly, this idiot doesn't need your 'permisan' to download and share any pic put on the public Internet

Report him to Facebook if you like, but both of you block him asap so he won't cause any more trouble.

Btw, I recommend adding watermarks showing your copyright -- that should discourage unwanted sharing.
    Last edited by Ransom; 01-14-2018 at 01:51 AM.

I'm glad this thread exists! I've run into creeps before and it's always annoying to deal with them. It's nice to have a list all mers can rely on to stay safe from these creeps. Below is a list of the Instagram accounts I've encountered and blocked.

dastardlydrefulton
    Reason: He started commenting on a photo of me in a monofin (without a tail) complaining about how I had legs? I answered professionally and he continued trying to get me to pity him for deceiving him??? I removed his comments and he was instantly blocked.

Name:  FullSizeRender 124.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  96.2 KB

markanthony2907
    Reason: He straight up called me "sexy" and could see me to "spicing up a party". I've never blocked someone so fast in my life.

Name:  IMG_4244.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  36.5 KB

johnparker1667
    (no surprise here just thought I'd confirm another one of his instagram accounts)
    Reason: I don't think I need one. With his comment and his past in harassment, the screenshot says it all.

Name:  IMG_4245.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  24.4 KB

jettra81875
    Reason: Left a suspiciously fetish-like comment on one of my old instagram posts referring to one of my youtube videos. I wasn't sure how I felt about it so I blocked them. Has anyone else run into this person?

Name:  FullSizeRender 123.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  76.3 KB

nate998721
    Reason: I can't find my screenshot for why I blocked this person but I'm adding them to this comment anyway. I don't block people without a good reason so I'm sure did something unsettling. Has anyone had a problem with this account?

triton_kevin
    Reason: I personally haven't had any problems with him but I noticed the name mentioned a few times in this thread so I blocked him. Plus, he's following 3,000+ other mermaid pages but doesn't have a single photo posted on his profile. Seems kinda fishy...
    Last edited by TybeeMermaid; 01-13-2018 at 12:15 AM. Reason: screenshots formatted wrong
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

Add DolphinQueenSabrina on Facebook
    Thanks Everybody for being on my side

DolphinQueenSabrina
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinQueenSabrina View Post
    Thanks Everybody for being on my side

DolphinQueenSabrina
    Yup! Unfortunately, merverts are an unavoidable part of the activity on social media.

Least we can do is have each others' backs, share what works and plan for when we encounter them.

Hi guys, erm just wondering if I can get a word of advice about someone, I'd got a friend request to my personal Facebook (haven't got a separate one for mer stuff yet) from a guy who was mutuals with a lot of folks from the UK Merpod page so I figured at the time he was just a fellow mer or enthusiast and was like "why not?" but when I spoke to him to try and see why he added me, he wouldn't say a word to me. It took a little bit of prompting to even get a thumbs up? I'll put a little screenshot of that below and tbh he still DOES seem harmless, but it made me a little uneasy. I'd then noticed him sharing a lot of evidently collected pictures of mermaids without context, and appeared to be ignoring one comment I found asking for one to be taken down. I think he's a collector? So I searched Paul Parr on google in relation to mermaids and lo and behold, this thread came up.

All I'd love to know since I can't find the right page is if I should worry at all, and whether it's harmless to keep him added, I should block him, or keep him on only to make sure he doesn't upload anything of mine without permission?

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 23.15.36.png
Views: 565
Size:  71.1 KB
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSeaAlaria View Post
    Hi guys, erm just wondering if I can get a word of advice about someone, I'd got a friend request to my personal Facebook (haven't got a separate one for mer stuff yet) from a guy who was mutuals with a lot of folks from the UK Merpod page so I figured at the time he was just a fellow mer or enthusiast and was like "why not?" but when I spoke to him to try and see why he added me, he wouldn't say a word to me. It took a little bit of prompting to even get a thumbs up? I'll put a little screenshot of that below and tbh he still DOES seem harmless, but it made me a little uneasy. I'd then noticed him sharing a lot of evidently collected pictures of mermaids without context, and appeared to be ignoring one comment I found asking for one to be taken down. I think he's a collector? So I searched Paul Parr on google in relation to mermaids and lo and behold, this thread came up.

All I'd love to know since I can't find the right page is if I should worry at all, and whether it's harmless to keep him added, I should block him, or keep him on only to make sure he doesn't upload anything of mine without permission?

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 23.15.36.png
Views: 565
Size:  71.1 KB
    Block him. As soon as you message him to remove contents, he’ll block you. Don’t give him the chance to save photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I can't recall anything but we can keep an eye out. from looking at his profile he looks like a fairly standard "collector" of mermaids

Thanks guys, I'll do that right away. And if anyone ever happens to see stuff of me on (gods forbid) any collector's page, I'd massively appreciate knowing. Can't be great for a just starting business :/
    Formerly known as Mermaid Cosmica

Does anyone know if this is a collector or mervert? He followed me on insta and his feed is nothing but stolen photos of mermaids and women in bikinis

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

He seems like he a collector

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Does anyone know if this is a collector or mervert? He followed me on insta and his feed is nothing but stolen photos of mermaids and women in bikinis

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Survivor of cyberbullies

Here a question that creeps me out but I'm going to ask. I noticed one night that someone was logged in on this site for 2 hours who never posted before. The person was just looking at attachments everytime once I started checking the profile 1 hour after I noticed the name still on when scrolling to the bottom of the site. This person has a deviantart page under the SAME name he has on this site and his blog on there has a fetish scoring system of what he on too. It clearly states that mermaids are a plus 5 points in it. Should I mention his name on here or should I message an admin and provide a link to his deviantart page with his username so they can block him from here? I'm concern saying the name will make him active and start harassing mers on here as he already has an account for 2 years.

Survivor of cyberbullies

I think you should alert admin with links to his DA page, blog, and MN profile and let them handle it.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    I think you should alert admin with links to his DA page, blog, and MN profile and let them handle it.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast