Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Gordon Shagene just liked my page with 4 different accounts this morning, I blocked them all

judging from his (unblocked and adult) content, i think that was a VERY SMART decision :\
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    After reading through the thread I just want to caution people that contacting friends/family of the individual could be seen as reverse harassment or revenge trolling. I think there's only a small space in which that would be appropriate and I think it falls under people who are underaged or suspected of having a mental disorder that makes them delayed developmentally. I have to strongly advise against it as per the rules we set up for the thread. The purpose of this thread is to identify who people are so we can personally block communication from them, and if needed, report them to the authorities.

Thanks for your understanding

Duly noted. (but, i do it anyway.)
    The SeaGlass Siren

I just wanna give an example of some comments I get. Not rude or harassing, but I always think it's weird some men think this is appropriate. It's like internet cat calling to me. You don't know me at all. I just find it weird and makes me uncomfortable. I wont respond to people like this. lol

Name:  eeee.JPG
Views: 1388
Size:  19.2 KB

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ah yes, I get tons of "conversation starters" like that.

Especially the "hi there beautiful" and such I really don't get.
    What exactly is my incentive to respond to that? lol.

and the millions of "pokes", what's up with that?
    Am I expected to look up the pokers, find them interesting, and poke them back, or what?
    Do they realize how many pokes I get, and that I would be sitting on FB all day if I tried to react to them?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Morgann's Avatar
    The mighty waters of the Great Salt Lake.
    Add Mermaid Morgann on Facebook

Recently me and Mermaid Diona (Mermaid Lorelie lucked out) had some trouble with merverts. For me, it was a guy who came up to our giant clamshell and asked if he could cuddle. Now, I'd been "spooning" people all day as they would lay across the clam in front of me so I assumed that's what he meant and was cool with it. Nope. He laid down and wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. It didn't last more than a second but if I'd had enough time to respond it would not have been very pleasant of me. I was very happy to see him leave. I also have a stalker-ish ex who kept coming up to the booth and acting completely inappropriate to both myself and the other mermaids. Oh, what fun!

Then of course Mermaid Diona was on display at the end of day two of Comic Con, and a drunk man and his friend came over and harassed her. So glad we have some tough pirates working for us, because otherwise us poor mermaids probably wouldn't be able to keep ourselves from being slobbered all over and hit on by drunks at a convention.
    RAINBOWS AND MERMAIDS

ARE PROOF THAT IMAGINATION AND BEAUTY

GO HAND IN HAND.

-B. FITZGERALD

Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Corabelle's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle On Twitter Add Mermaid Corabelle on Facebook Add Mermaid Corabelle on Google+
    Follow Mermaid Corabelle on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Corabelle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Merin View Post

Recently me and Mermaid Diona (Mermaid Lorelie lucked out) had some trouble with merverts. For me, it was a guy who came up to our giant clamshell and asked if he could cuddle. Now, I'd been "spooning" people all day as they would lay across the clam in front of me so I assumed that's what he meant and was cool with it. Nope. He laid down and wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. It didn't last more than a second but if I'd had enough time to respond it would not have been very pleasant of me. I was very happy to see him leave. I also have a stalker-ish ex who kept coming up to the booth and acting completely inappropriate to both myself and the other mermaids. Oh, what fun!

Then of course Mermaid Diona was on display at the end of day two of Comic Con, and a drunk man and his friend came over and harassed her. So glad we have some tough pirates working for us, because otherwise us poor mermaids probably wouldn't be able to keep ourselves from being slobbered all over and hit on by drunks at a convention.

Oh my gosh.. he held you?!

My face when I read that: https://31.media.tumblr.com/8f013f19...ljgho1_500.gif

That's just creepy... so crazy Merin! I wonder what makes people think it's okay to do these things. I bet they wouldn't consider trying something like that usually.. just because there's a mermaid around, people get stupid and try to push their limits. So direspectful! I'm glad you had Pirate Protectors on hand. I can only imagine the situations you'd swim into without them. Btw. I saw the giant clamshell on Siren Tide's facebook page. Where did you guys get that? So cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Corabelle View Post
    Oh my gosh.. he held you?!

My face when I read that: https://31.media.tumblr.com/8f013f19...ljgho1_500.gif

That's just creepy... so crazy Merin! I wonder what makes people think it's okay to do these things. I bet they wouldn't consider trying something like that usually.. just because there's a mermaid around, people get stupid and try to push their limits. So direspectful! I'm glad you had Pirate Protectors on hand. I can only imagine the situations you'd swim into without them. Btw. I saw the giant clamshell on Siren Tide's facebook page. Where did you guys get that? So cool!

Yeah, that was my face too. My pirate on hand at that point made sure he didn't try anything funny real quick after that. It was shocking AND creepy. Caught me off guard. Cat-calling I get, by hugging and squeezing was definitely a first.

That's a funny story. The clam was actually my bed when I was a little girl. c:
    RAINBOWS AND MERMAIDS

GO HAND IN HAND.

-B. FITZGERALD

personally would've told him off. but i tell a lot of people off. mainly wolf whistlers, honkers, cat callers.. because why the fuck. i don't even.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Yes our merwranglers act like bouncers for us at events where people behave like that

Follow Mermaid Corabelle On Twitter Add Mermaid Corabelle on Facebook Add Mermaid Corabelle on Google+
    Merwranglers=Mermaid Bodyguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Merin View Post
    That's a funny story. The clam was actually my bed when I was a little girl. c:
    That's not funny.. that is SO cool! Was it made for you? How special! So you've always been a mermaid at heart I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Corabelle View Post
    That's not funny.. that is SO cool! Was it made for you? How special! So you've always been a mermaid at heart I take it?

My bedroom had an oceanic wall mural painted and I slept in a clam. As a redhead, I'm a bit biased in the fact that Ariel is my favorite Disney Princess. I blame her for the fact that ever since I was a guppy I've been dreaming of becoming a real mermaid. <3 Hehehe!

Yeah, our Merwranglers are our Pirates, and they definitely make the most intimidating bouncers. Mermaid Nautia especially. Hahahaha!
    RAINBOWS AND MERMAIDS

GO HAND IN HAND.

-B. FITZGERALD

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    Merwranglers are awesome. In the past Gordon Shagene has liked my page with multiple accounts and I kept blocking him. Christoper Perry messaged me once or twice too. I have not blocked him yet, as he hasn't messaged me since. The issue I have now is this Midwest Merman Steve person who went one step further and is following my personal (non-mer) profile, plus he's tried to add me as a friend which I have ignored and deleted the request. I don't need those people in my life!

My partner/mer-wrangler is an ex-bodyguard. It helps a lot.

not mermaid specific but today my friend and i were walking back from the neighbourhood convenience store back to her place and these construction workers kept cat calling us.. and by their fourth attempt i'm already was pretty irritated so i told them to "EXQUEEEZE ME WE AINT YO DOGS OK DON'T FUCKING CAT CALL US OR WHISTLE AT US" aaand that stopped.... until another girl walked by and they started cat calling at her :\ WTF.

and then one guy honked at us AND ROTATED HIS HEAD a full 90 degrees instead of paying attention to the road... and that did it for me.

"oh HELL NAH. LOOK THE OTHER WAY, SON, WE AIN'T INTERESTED."

BAH.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. My daughter and I were walking in a local park when a middle aged guy, in his 40s, I guess, yelled at us from his moving car "can I party with you lovely ladies?"

My kid was ELEVEN! I told him, in no uncertain terms, to go f--- himself. I would have ground his teeth into the curb if I could have caught him.

I get "screamers" all the time when I'm out... I'll be walking down the road and someone will lean out their car window to scream things at me as they drive by... Usually really quick, vulgar things like "SUCK MY D***" or "SUP B****"... Which sometimes triggers panic attacks because I have issues with loud, sudden noises like that. :/ This kind of stuff happens SO OFTEN to women around here.

Damn, I never realized how numb I am to that stuff. I don't even bat an eye anymore to cat-calls (mostly because it's SUPER easy for me to block out English since it's not my first language)

When I lived in Iran, guys cat-calling out of moving cars was so f*****g common place that I really just gave up trying to have comebacks to it. It was so much more of a *sigh* again dude? *head shake* thing. I mean, the god damned police used to do it to me. Not even kidding on that one. It happened three times I was walking home and the police tried to hit on me from their stupid green-sided car. The act of getting in a car and driving up and down the same damn street in a weak attempt to hit on girls is SO commonplace that we actually have a slang word for it.

Although, I will say even in Iran, no guy ever screamed at me to suck his d*** or actually made any overtly perverse comments. Well, with the exception of one police officer... Like, most of the cat calling was saying "Pretty girl! Do you want to get married?" (which is hard to explain culturally, because they aren't offering you a serious marriage, they're offering you a temporary one, which is totally legal in Iran, go figure...) or "Cutie! Come here! I want to talk to you!"

I am ashamed to admit that a few worked on me because, well, the guy was nice looking and the car was a good car. And in the end I usually ended up at a mehmooni with a few thousand extra tomans and some illegal alcohol. Lol (I was a bad kid. A cute one, but a bad one nonetheless). Once I got a santoor out of talking to a guy in a car, so.... Turns out he thought I was pretty and asked if I wanted it? I said sure, and he handed it to me and asked which coffee shop I went to regularly, and I told him and then he met me there and bought me coffee. Idk, I would never ever, EVER recommend it to anyone, because it's a great way to have something horrific to happen to you, both in Iran and abroad as well, but I guess I just got so used to crap being terrible I felt I had nothing to lose....
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog