Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1116

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Here a question that creeps me out but I'm going to ask. I noticed one night that someone was logged in on this site for 2 hours who never posted before. The person was just looking at attachments everytime once I started checking the profile 1 hour after I noticed the name still on when scrolling to the bottom of the site. This person has a deviantart page under the SAME name he has on this site and his blog on there has a fetish scoring system of what he on too. It clearly states that mermaids are a plus 5 points in it. Should I mention his name on here or should I message an admin and provide a link to his deviantart page with his username so they can block him from here? I'm concern saying the name will make him active and start harassing mers on here as he already has an account for 2 years.
    That's disgusting...

Wow, thanks for the alert Slim. Hopefully the admins can sort it out.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    GROSS.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Thought I wouldn't have to post here... I was going through my fb mer page and found a like from Gordon Shagene. Is there a way to remove it?

Nvm. Figured it out. Banned him instead!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Holy crap, I just finished reading through all of this, because it's one of my main concerns for when I start to set up. Now, I know that I am in need of a mertender to assist me (and to never do one on one gigs that sound fishy as hell), but it didn't occur to me that mertenders would need more of an emphasis of mermaid bodyguard than I originally thought. I thought their main job would be to help me whilst in the tail where I would obviously be restricted. It was an afterthought that they would be around to keep people from being handsy/creepy.
    My question is, is there a thread floating around as a quick guide to finding/picking the right mertenders? I thought i could just have one other assistant with me and that it didn't matter if it was a man or woman, but now i'm thinking having a woman helping wouldn't be as intimidating to these sexist freaks. The thought occurred to get my boyfriend in on it, but I don't see that working out as a good business relationship. And I guess the only way to protect my online presence would be just to delete, block, and delete some more... reading the story about the one guy coming up and holding one girl at an event and then the other where the guy was trying to book a mermaid with her just going to a private location by herself... freaks me out completely. If I found another girl that wanted to do this with me (which I would love to have in the future) I feel like that ads to the seriousness of safety with two women effectively helpless in tails...

Forewarned is forearmed. This thread serves its purpose every time someone finds out here rather than by experience Sadly, these people can't be dodged entirely, and social media makes you easier to find -- it doesn't care by whom.

I don't think you need to aim to be intimidating, though your tender does need to be assertive, observant and able to defuse tough situations gracefully. You don't want to be looking over your shoulder all the time.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with a "Triton_Kevin" on Instagram, I manage an account that sometimes has kids pictures on it (with parents approval) and I get comments like "beautiful" on the photos with kids in them (which is an extra red flag for me)...
    I was just wondering if anyone has any information on this particular individual.
    Thanks <3
    I thought I was alone I get "mermaid beautiful" a lot.
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

I just got "mermaid beautiful" too today, yikes.

Hopefully he's just an innocent fan and not a creep. His account is private but he has a decent following and plenty of posts, so it doesn't seem like a spam account created for harassment. Then again, I didn't follow him to see what said posts are of, so I can't be sure.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    He's a fan, I believe he does have a tail. I believe he's basically harmless, it depends on what you are comfortable with.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAiera View Post
    I just got "mermaid beautiful" too today, yikes.

Hopefully he's just an innocent fan and not a creep. His account is private but he has a decent following and plenty of posts, so it doesn't seem like a spam account created for harassment. Then again, I didn't follow him to see what said posts are of, so I can't be sure.
    I get saying adults are beautiful, but as a teacher it gets very suspicious when you comment the same things on images of children.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

He comments on children?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Yeah, there are a few photos of kids in tails and he has commented "beautiful".

My hope is that he is commenting on how it is beautiful world we live in that these children have the opportunity of learning how to swim as a mermaid. Rather than commenting on their looks and possibly saying something that could be seen as inappropriate.
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

You never know, though.
    I'll have to review his page and reconsider not blocking..

Hey, do the names Josh Commee or @dailyscreener mean anything to anyone?

Add DolphinQueenSabrina on Facebook
    I blocked Dailyscreener

DolphinQueen
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Did you have issue with that person or did their profile make you uncomfortable?

Add DolphinQueenSabrina on Facebook
    The profile made me uncomfortable

DolphinQueen
    DolphinQueenSabrina

I posted this in the drama thread, but I’ll say this again. I dated this guy name Shawn Fan back in 2013 and it turns out he is a mervert and collector. I broke up with because I didn’t appreciate him flirting with other girls behind my back and he only cares about my mersona and not the person behind it. Ever since I dumped him he proceeds to target any mermaid performer in DFW and recently Oklahoma. He would send creepy and stalkerish messages. In 2016 he got banned for harassing the mermaids at their medieval fest.

These are the screenshots from Merfolks of Foxmoon Production’s facebook page. I know they are talking about my ex because my friend Ashley was there when it happened:

My friend Davina can confirm Shawn got banned at the medieval fest too. He tried to plead innocent with her

Next set is my friend Ashley’s messages. She cut off contact with him due to his behavior at the medieval fest in Oklahoma and for the creepy messages he sent her. These are the screenshots of the messages she sent me:

These are the messages Shawn sent her. He offered to ship her his Shirahoshi figurine (a sexualized mermaid character) to her. It made her uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Continued...

I found out he is a collector through his facebook page called Didi Cosplay and Photograph.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/didicospla...94733820684665

He posted these images sometime after Ashley Wolf cut him off around 2016. She wants nothing to do with him, but he’s posting images of her and him on his page still. He tried to post images of me and him too despite me cutting him off ages ago. I ended up getting those images of me and him on his page taken down by griping at him and reporting him. He have yet to remove photos of him and Ashley. He stole some of the photos of him and Ashley from Ashley’s instagram page.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/didicospla...94733820684665

If you look through his albums he not only has a mermaid fetish, but he also has Hula Girl fetish. I remember during our relationship he stated he had fantasies of me doing a Hula Girl photoshoot with him and him worshipping me. It was so creepy! I’m glad I never did the Hula Girl shoot with him. Now he got 3 girls to do the shoot with him. The two who cosplayed Elsa and Anna as Hula Girls looks really young in my opinion.

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast