Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Unwanted Contact: Merverts, Trolls, Collectors, and more with list

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I am glad to be shot of it. Everyday new people wanting to join clogging up my feed. Another on to look out for guy is Justin Carson. He added me then asked if i had mermaid friends at what their names were. He openly admitted to being a collector!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Shimmer Mermaid's Avatar
    Craig Bohn friended me via facebook a couple of weeks ago, and my boyfriend (who is all for me finding people in the mermaid community to talk to) just stated "I'm getting a weird feeling about this guy, if he starts acting weird please block him." Low and behold, not 30 minutes later, he messaged me saying he wanted to give me breath holding lessons. After I told him I wasn't interested, he became very aggressive saying I needed to skype him NOW, and that if I wanted to go anywhere in the mermaid world he HAD to teach me otherwise I would fail. My boyfriend told him to leave me alone and to quit harrassing me, and he messaged me again saying "So you told your boyfriend I'm trying to help you dear?" We immediately blocked him, had my sister block him, and essentially made sure he wasn't able to contact us again. I didn't know he was this bad, I just thought he was a random perv so we deleted the messages. I haven't heard of him getting this aggressive with anyone else, so maybe he was just P/O'd that my boyfriend told him to leave me alone?
    Tell me your secrets, sailor.. and I'll whisper mine in return.

I'm really happy found I found this, I had Craig msg me about breathing lessons on my facebook page. I just told him I was taking lessons in a few months and he left me alone after that. I'm glad to know that he is on this list so in case it happens again I know what his intentions are and can make the correct steps to protect myself and prevent anything else from going further.
    Mermaids&Anchors

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    He's..... Weird. I just ignored him. He went away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with Dannij Ostendorp? He is constantly messaging me saying "hi" "hello" "hey," Despite the fact that I have ever replied to any of his messages, he always seems to send me a message every few weeks without fail.

I got those too. I think we talked about him. He pesters incessantly so I blocked him.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    yep, we mentioned him in the stupid comments thread, and I think he belongs on this list here,
    because he stalks mers around the clock on his cell and as soon as someone logs on, he spams the inbox.

If you ever reply on him, he'll talk about all sorts of weird crap, but the constant spamming of every mer he finds is enough to be one of the most bothersome contacts I've ever had on FB.

Midwest mermaid Steve added me and so far his messages were average. Nothing crazy just tail talk and he asked me few questions about my tail in progress and hasn't messaged me since. *shrugs shoulders* he said I would make a beautiful mermaid but nothing more after that. So far he is being normal. Meh..

formerly jayy
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Follow Mermaid Melusinah On Twitter Add Mermaid Melusinah on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Melusinah's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Imogen Finnly View Post
    Midwest mermaid Steve added me and so far his messages were average. Nothing crazy just tail talk and he asked me few questions about my tail in progress and hasn't messaged me since. *shrugs shoulders* he said I would make a beautiful mermaid but nothing more after that. So far he is being normal. Meh..

formerly jayy
    Thats how it usually starts... just use caution. this goes for ANYONE that is out there and you begin to converse with.

Yah anahita said the exact same thing! Im giving him the benefit of the doubt for now if he starts getting really creepy that I'm going to delete him for sure and block him. Time will tell

formerly jayy
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Craig was messaging Canadian Mermaids *rolls eyes*

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Got contacted by Craig saying he would love to be friends ... Second thoughts maybe not
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Wow, with these guys around, how can we ever feel lonely?! XD Sad thought I know...

Steve messages me all the frickin time I just ignore it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well a lot of this comes from just NOT adding people you don't know as good prevention. I made the mistake on my Raina Mer profile of just adding everyone. And then some people from the community though Gordon might be okay because he was on my friends list :S and at least when you don't have the people added, it goes to your "other" folder. Oh the FB other folder. You could make a whole thread just about that

a few people were talking about John parker earlier... look at my post in the stupid youtube section. I just realized it's him lol http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...l=1#post156166

I got Midwest Merman Steve. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. Don't know what to expect, though.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Are any of these merverts on Twitter or instagram or mostly just Facebook?
    Mermaid Enora

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    I got Midwest Merman Steve. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. Don't know what to expect, though.
    He will just start messaging you constantly. I made the mistake of messaging him back over my page and now he keeps messaging and trying to add me on my personal page
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Yeah I haven't heard anything actually bad about Steve though. No inappropriate comments etc. I know he's got a tail from mermaidsrus and is now trying to go with a bigger mer. I suspect he's just someone who really wants to be in the community but perhaps lacks the social skills. I added him to my Raina Mer page so I could check him out.

I only had one guy on twitter I forget where I posted the screen caps but he believes I am his reincarnated mermaid mother. o_O

Mostly youtube and FB is what I find. Never had an issue on instagram ever.

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast