Thread: New Mexico?

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest

New Mexico?

Hi, I'm from New Mexico, and I was wondering if there were any other mers from here. It seems I am the only one :/ Is anyone at least close to New Mexico? I'm so alone!

I go there every now and then for work or school. May even be working there a lot more there next year, but not sure yet. I usually go by Albuquerque. Santa Fe isn't too far from there. =) Nice to meet you!
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidjayda View Post
    Hi, I'm from New Mexico, and I was wondering if there were any other mers from here. It seems I am the only one :/ Is anyone at least close to New Mexico? I'm so alone!
    Hello,

I will be moving back to NM in Sept. I'll be in Bernalillo. Where are you?

Oh cool! I'm in Santa Fe. Have you been to Santa Rosa? If not... You HAVE to go.

Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    I haven't but I plan to go there! I am in Thailand right now studying freediving. I found a Facebook group for that and they meet in SR.

I have a friend in Santa Fe. I used to live there when I was 13. cool.

Nice that I wont be the only desert mer.

Well, have you heard of the Blue Hole? It's in Santa Rosa and it is the most perfect place to swim. It's REALLY cold (60 degrees) but the sight of the rocks below is so incredible that you forget the water is cold as soon as you see it. And I think that it would be a great place for Pod of the Southwest to meet up. But it doesn't seem like anyone has heard of it. And yes, Iv'e only found one other mer from this area when I was looking at the member map! I sent her a message but I don't think she saw it.

Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Yes, I heard of it when I found the freediving group. I plan to continue training there.

Have you had trouble finding places to swim? pools, lakes, etc?

There's a great indoor pool not far from where I live. But you know, you can only deal with the chlorine for so long. I haven't found any lakes that are worth swimming in. They're all muddy and gross -_- So I plan to go to the blue hole as often as possible. I think that's pretty much the only really good place to swim in NM.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    My sister lives in Santa Fe. I can ask her if there are any good places to swim.

Alright, thanks.

Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Yes, Thank you!

I'll be in between Abq and SF, so I might look at Abq options too.

Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    I'm in NM as of today! Would love to meet up sometime.

I am in New Mexico. Well not right this moment I am overseas until July. But after that will be in New Mexico for about a year before I move to Dallas. I am looking to make a fabric tail when I get home. And craft mermaid tops and accessories to raise money for my silicon tail.
    ~*~Siren Selene~*~
    Mermaid of the Moon
    Mermaid in training

I am so glad that I found this post (although it is about a year old...) I was just beginning to wonder if I would be the only mer in NM! I only recently got into it, and just realized the vital question of where do I swim??? Luckily my sister-in-law's parents have a pool that I need to ask if I can use...But it is wonderful to meet all of you!

Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Hello,

I have yet to find a place to swim. I would really love to. I miss the sea. *
    User formerly known as "Paisley777".

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest MermaidFawn's Avatar
    I love living in New Mexico! Although, like you all, it's hard to find a good place to practice swimming. Living in Southern NM, I absolutely love my hometown! I am so excited that there are more New Mexican mermaids here! Hi everyone! :oD
    Mermaid Fawn
    ~The Animal Training Mermaid~

Red face New Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by Sermacknight View Post
    I am so glad that I found this post (although it is about a year old...) I was just beginning to wonder if I would be the only mer in NM! I only recently got into it, and just realized the vital question of where do I swim??? Luckily my sister-in-law's parents have a pool that I need to ask if I can use...But it is wonderful to meet all of you!
    I've been looking for New Mexico Mers since I joined- and before now had absolutely no luck!
    I'm glad to know i'm not the only one!
    Yay!