Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eden's Experience

Eden's Experience

I confess I have a mixed opinion about MerNation. They do beautiful tails that look perfect on the outside but since I have heard about the big problems Eden Siren has with her own tail from them, I can't really tell if they are a safe choice to order a silicone tail.
    But they seem to have upped their game with Dottie and Alasea Bluemer's tails which is a good thing.
    I'm curious to see what will come next.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I confess I have a mixed opinion about MerNation. They do beautiful tails that look perfect on the outside but since I have heard about the big problems Eden Siren has with her own tail from them, I can't really tell if they are a safe choice to order a silicone tail.
    But they seem to have upped their game with Dottie and Alasea Bluemer's tails which is a good thing.
    I'm curious to see what will come next.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
    Eden sirens tail was their first model and they didn't master everything yet. They have improved their skills since then and haven't had any complaints from any of the other mers that have bought from them (which are quite a few at that). One single flip from the first tail shouldn't scar them for life. They have even told her she has the old model and should upgrade. The mermaids of Denver aquarium have no complaints nor does mermaid dottie or nola or even mermaid cydney who also has one of the older models. I like the fact that this company makes their tails thicker for extra reinforcement and they work everyday with you sending updates as they work. I don't let One boo boo from the past with their first tail alter my decision. It's not like there has been hundreds to thousands of mers complaining left and right. I'm not easily swayed by One blunder. It takes hundreds. This company works hard to please. They didn't purposely give eden a bad tail. I think they worked all that out because I haven't heard anything new about the situation
    Live your dreams and don't let anyone snatch it away from you!
    Check out my Facebook Page, Instagram, and YouTube!
    https://www.facebook.com/msvfanpage
    http://instagram.com/mermaid_seavixen/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MsSeaMaiden1

Quote Originally Posted by SeaVixen View Post
    Eden sirens tail was their first model and they didn't master everything yet. They have improved their skills since then and haven't had any complaints from any of the other mers that have bought from them (which are quite a few at that). One single flip from the first tail shouldn't scar them for life. They have even told her she has the old model and should upgrade. The mermaids of Denver aquarium have no complaints nor does mermaid dottie or nola or even mermaid cydney who also has one of the older models. I like the fact that this company makes their tails thicker for extra reinforcement and they work everyday with you sending updates as they work. I don't let One boo boo from the past with their first tail alter my decision. It's not like there has been hundreds to thousands of mers complaining left and right. I'm not easily swayed by One blunder. It takes hundreds. This company works hard to please. They didn't purposely give eden a bad tail. I think they worked all that out because I haven't heard anything new about the situation

But what happened to Eden Sirene's tail?

Apparently it was falling apart. That's why I chose to wait until they mastered it more. They are a wonderful company and wonderful people. Not only do they develop a professional relationship with every customer they become your personal friends during the process. They actually text pix everyday from what everyone says. Don't even have to beg them for updates like you do with most companies. They stay on top of it because they understand the suspense. Edens tail problem was one hiccup along the production road they began going down which its expected when a company begins that they will have kinks they have to work out. I suppose when they did hers they thought they had all the kinks worked out but didn't. They've improved and haven't had any issues since. Apparently they offered free maintenance to someone else and she didn't get that offer (Free fixes.....they asked her to pay) and she became offended but I think everything was worked out. I don't think they remembered they didn't offer any free fixes to her when they offered that to the other person and there could be the possibility that maybe the maintenance was free for the one mer because it didn't require much and Edens was bad enough it was going to cost them so they asked her to cover material costs.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I saw Edens in person they should of refunded her. And I'm not a fan because I know some other bad stuff but the people involved would rather not make a public deal. For me though its enough that I'll never buy or recommend. I try to be neutral as best as I can on the forum or when people approach me but for me some things just totally cross the line. I think some forum detectives could probably figure things out.
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-22-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Things are blown way out of proportion and it's not fair. There hasn't been any complaints from the ladies who ordered recently and have nothing but great things to say. Sounds like grudges against those who make the tails. The makers have been nothing but nice to me and are wonderful people. There's nothing bad in the better business bureau about them. I'll tell you what so far I've seen nothing but back biting and bickering in the mermaid community. Sure makes mermaids look bad

Quote Originally Posted by SeaVixen View Post
    I don't let One boo boo from the past with their first tail alter my decision. It's not like there has been hundreds to thousands of mers complaining left and right. I'm not easily swayed by One blunder. It takes hundreds. This company works hard to please. They didn't purposely give eden a bad tail.
    I find this kind of rude and mean.
    Would you accept that someone said this of you if you were in Eden's shoes? You spoke of it like you didn't even care. At all.

It's more than a "boo boo". You do realize that we are speaking of someone's dream here? I'm just saying.

I have to agree with SeaVixen here. I never saw anything about Edens tail (I'm not denying that it happened) bit so far i've seen nothing but good things from this company. And as for what Raina said, sorry but you're providing no proof or even reference to the event that took place so I don't think its fair to just say "something happened so they're a bad company." A SeaVixen pinned out, all companies have issues when they start out, no one single company-tail maker or otherwise-is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I find this kind of rude and mean.
    Would you accept that someone said this of you if you were in Eden's shoes? You spoke of it like you didn't even care. At all.

You do realize that we are speaking of someone's dream here? I'm just saying.
    If they purposely gave her a defective tail that is stealing a dream. They are doing their best and the first few tails always have flaws. It's expected because they were just starting. The tail makers have feelings too and I'm sure it hurts them to hear something that happened so long ago is still held over their heads. If there's problems it should be taken up with the makers and they seem sweet enough to work something out to help. I've lived a real life dream shredding event where I was actually screwed over and had my money stolen from me. That maker has a history with the better business bureau too. Tail making is a learning experience and takes practice and time to master and that's what their doing. They haven't been out very long. They weren't aware of the issues with Edens tail otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't have given it to her like that. We haven't heard the latest with all that so we could be arguing over something obsolete as of now. Of all the mers I have seen who own Mernation tails they love their tails and have no complaints about them and talk about how wonderful they are as people.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I actually brought these concerns up with MerNation before I bought my tail. They did do free fixes, a resize, and a repaint in Eden's tail. It wasn't until after all that happened that she started having problems with her tail coming apart in places. That being said, I know that she put her tail up for sale recently, and if I had the money, I'd buy it, because I know how to do the repairs it needs.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I'm not in a position to provide proof ( without permission). I'm simply stating my opinion. Mernation knows what I know and that's enough for me
    Not like I have a reputation for flat out making things up.

I think everyone has to make their own opinions. I'm glad for instance for people like Dottie who I have followed for years and seeing her dreams realized because of this company. I celebrate for my friend. But I saw Edens in person and there's no excuse IMO as someone who also bought a very first tail made. You should be loyal to your first customers. Raven totally remade my splash tail when she figured things out better and all I paid was shipping. Guess I have a high standard.

My personal knowledge of behind the scenes stuff aside I see a lot of issues on the existing tails I simply bite my tongue on because if the mermaid themselves aren't upset about the issue it isn't my place to point it out and make them feel bad. But I think there are reasons why they are one of the few tail companies that have to keep drumming up business where others ( pretty much most) have more than they can handle.

Sometimes when people don't post their complaints publicly it's not because they don't exist. There's a multitude of reasons.

Gotta love it when you're typing up a post and people post and you miss it

I'm not really here to debate them. Like arion I am just expressing my opinion. Arguing with me won't change my mind. You don't have to like or agree with anything I say anywhere.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Also, if additional people have had any problems with their MerNation products, I highly encourage them to post an honest review, using Raina's template (I found it extremely helpful when posting my own).
    Reviews are important because if there have ever been problems with that company, you can look at the reviews and decide if they're worth going through.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    Also, if additional people have had any problems with their MerNation products, I highly encourage them to post an honest review, using Raina's template (I found it extremely helpful when posting my own).
    Reviews are important because if there have ever been problems with that company, you can look at the reviews and decide if they're worth going through.
    I agree with this, Dottie! If people have am honest problem, with a company, they should post a review our official complaint. If they dont, well then people are going to assume its not that big of deal IMO

We all know they are a new company and they have kinks to work out. I am very pleased with my tail I have no problems with it. I would love to hear from people who aren't happy with their tail from them. From the several people I have talked to who have purchased tail from them are very happy with their tails too. What don't they like, were they unhappy when they received the tail? How long have they swam in it, how much do they swim in it? Where do they swim in it? Is there anything that I should be on the look out for? If you contact Mernation they will work with you to fix the problems. I am so sorry they aren't happy, but my personal experience was really good and my tail is done exactly how I like. They were very helpful and to me and kept me very updated which I appreciated a lot. I am so sorry that someone doesn't like their purchase, it is a huge investment.

I encourage people all the time including eden. What's the number one reason people usually wont post bad reviews? You only have to look at Eric's behaviour to figure that out. I think its ignorant to believe there are no unhappy customers because people won't post publicly. I've known people who weren't happy with pretty much every tail maker out there including Raven.

Not to mention I seem to be the person everyone complains to whenever they are unhappy with a tail from anyone lol

Well, like Raina said, I was just expressing my opinion.

I'm happy for all the mermaids here that are getting new tails from MerNation and that all is going well for them. Hourray!
    But the fact that Eden is alone having trouble with her tail and that nothing seems to have been done with this situation yet just makes me think that something is obviously going wrong somewhere. Just because there is no review about the tail does not mean things are good.