Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eden's Experience

Imo if a mer doesn't review then the problem wasn't big enough to warn others about. I reviewed regardless of the behavior of the maker. I can even say if there was only a few small problems I wouldn't have reviewed either because it's not worth it. I wouldn't post a good review either if I wasn't happy enough to. If I was happy, I would post a good review and mention any issues I saw that aren't that big of deal. People should say something when it comes to big money investments.
    Live your dreams and don't let anyone snatch it away from you!
    Check out my Facebook Page, Instagram, and YouTube!
    https://www.facebook.com/msvfanpage
    http://instagram.com/mermaid_seavixen/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MsSeaMaiden1

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Eden's tail:
    Name:  10622345_1520823448134185_1013047368_n.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  10622315_1520824844800712_292642499_n.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  10615698_1520824841467379_1229950842_n.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  16.1 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  42.3 KB

A review or a complaint doesn't need to be posted to mernetwork to be real. A lot of people wont post here because they are intimidated by fans and supporters, or worse, the tail makers themself. They dont feel safe to do so, and it is the number 1 reasons why people wont post their stories generally.

I'm not posting this to harp on mernation, but this is part of the reason why I and others are weary and have their opinions. Kishiko your comments actually were really insulting to me, I respect your opinions and your right to defend a company you believe in, but I never lie to mernetwork or post things that aren't true or that I can't prove in some shape or form, and I resent even the suggestion of that. I've been around for 7 years and I have my opinions because I have seen it all, know just about everyone, and lived through things. I also don't think it's appropriate just because you dont like a topic people are bringing it up to try and derail it like it's drama when it's just a darker side to something. This is the mernation thread. People are critical of every tail maker, at least alex and I have valid reasons to be critical. You don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it happens.

There's no use debating over eden's tail. it is what it is. It can't be repaired, she paid money to have it repaired (which I seriously disagree with, but I've already stated my reasons for that) and the repairs didn't stick. SHe was their first client and really promoted them and tried to be supportive, I think it would of been nice if that had been around. And from our discussions I know she wont post because she's intimidated by them. At the core of it, is just a mermaid who took a chance on people and it didnt pay off, and left her worse off than before. I understand that, I went through that myself. How many tails did I have to go through before getting my one that stuck? It's a painful and expensive learning experience.

it makes me sad because I feel like if this was Raven doing this people would lose their shit. If it was mertailor we'd have a huge thread about it. But here because we have happy customer who are vocal it gets pushed away, labelled drama, and la-de-da let's move on.

We dont have to get in a big fight over it. I get you girls are happy with your tails and I really am happy for you. Like I said, watching dottie for sooo long. Mermaid Nessie and I even talked about her in the car today . I know some of you had to endure the fishbutts drama and were able to get yourself around and get these tails. Just remember how you felt when you had your fishbutts tails and how sunk you felt when the tails fell apart and Stevi scammed people. She had a great reputation too for a long time. Shit. Just. happens. And I just want to VALIDATE why Alex and I feel the way we do. And I do think people should look critically at this situation. Was it a first tail? Totally. Was it handled appropriately? probably not. WIll they learn from it? I freaking hope so.

And I just want to make it perfectly clear, that it's no excuse to say things arent happening or issues must not be that big a deal, if people aren't posting them to the mernetwork. No one would feel safe sharing their experiences based on the response even bringing it up got here.

I have kept quiet I was intimidated which is insane .. My customers pay a fraction for their services ( hair) and would never be intimidated to call me and say how they felt. I have been afraid to show what happened I hate confrontation however I payed for a tail I also had a guarantee and this was ignored. I wasn't treated with kindness rather I could tell I was irritating and a burden. Even still I promoted and spoke highly of Mernation with the hopes they would change ! They didn't and I'm left trying to figure out what to do now... Mernation stripped my dream from me...
    All I want is them to remake my tail considering they know it's not good .. I don't want a refund I just want what made me .. Me

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I think they should absolutely remake your tail. I can see them getting defensive and weird about a bad tail but they know better now so it's time to make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you ... I really wish they would make this mess right ..that's for sure :-/

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Thanks for being brave Eden!! I try to say what I can but the forum would rather read things first hand instead of through me. I hope something works out in the future for you.

Thank you for making me feel safe to say something ..

Quote Originally Posted by EdenSirene View Post
    Thank you for making me feel safe to say something ..
    How did they make you feel intimidated? I'm still trying to figure out who to go with because that's a lot of money

I'm kind of super appalled by the fact they charged you, Eden, for them to "repair" a mistake that was their fault....

Like, I'd understand if they charged you to fix something a year down the line and it was damage caused to your tail by you. But charging to fix their own shoddy craftsman ship?

And now they say you should pay for an upgrade? Like... I don't think what I want to say to that is appropriate on this forum. But that's screwed up. You already paid them for a tail that fell apart, for repairs that didn't work and you shouldn't have paid for, and now (if I understand their request that you upgrade) they want you to give them MORE money?

Good lord.... That is morally contemptible on their part.

I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel Eden. I'm so sorry that happened to you.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی
    Anahita, The Persian Mermaid
    Facebook - Shop - Tumblr - Storytime with Shahrzad - Blog

When I first went to them about the problems they made it like it was always my fault . I always felt stupid when I first revived the tail it was huge and they said it was my fault that I lost weight . Some areas of the tail where almost 3 inches too big it had to be cut all over . I had not lost any sizable amount of weight in 5 weeks . They fixed that part for me and within only 3 months the front of the tail was ripping all over as well as the sides . The seams were horrible too. They charged me at this point $500 for a fix and repaint around August /Sept telling me I used the hell out of it! Also at this point they explained they learned from there mistakes an I should upgrade... I was really upset by this comment considering isn't this why we purchase silicone tails.. So we don't have to keep purchasing over and over again?? Mernation always made me feel at fault and watching everyone else have such success made me only sadder ..and confused ! I couldn't figure out what happened and why they would do nothing for me!! I see the beautiful tails they reproduce now and see all the Mers swimming like I would have been doing this summer. I lost a whole summer from this!!! I'm glad I have the courage to speak up because I'm good and mad now...

When I first went to them about the problems they made it like it was always my fault . I always felt stupid when I first revived the tail it was huge and they said it was my fault that I lost weight . Some areas of the tail where almost 3 inches too big it had to be cut all over . I had not lost any sizable amount of weight in 5 weeks . They fixed that part for me and within only 3 months the front of the tail was ripping all over as well as the sides . The seams were horrible too. They charged me at this point $500 for a fix and repaint around August /Sept telling me I used the hell out of it! Also at this point they explained they learned from there mistakes an I should upgrade... I was really upset by this comment considering isn't this why we purchase silicone tails.. So we don't have to keep purchasing over and over again?? Mernation always made me feel at fault and watching everyone else have such success made me only sadder ..and confused ! I couldn't figure out what happened and why they would do nothing for me!! I see the beautiful tails they reproduce now and see all the Mers swimming like I would have been doing this summer. I lost a whole summer from this!!! I'm glad I have the courage to speak up because I'm good and mad now...

Omg, Eden.
    آناهیتا پری دریایی

Wow I'm sorry that happened to you. I too know how it feels to be betrayed by a maker and have your dreams ripped apart. Even though my current tail isn't silicone it still should have lasted more than a few swims. It's always hard to hear a mer get treated badly because this is a dream trying to come true. I hadn't seen your pictures until now so I didn't know the extent of the damage nor this whole story. I just had bits and pieces. They should give you the newer model since you did go out on a limb and volunteer as guinea pig and now that they have the design more perfected to where it holds up, they should donate one to you to replace the bad one. The only thing I can figure is maybe they can't afford to make one free??? I don't know anything about tail making but I would assume it's expensive. Maybe a fundraiser could be held by them to raise that money to make you one. I'm just throwing out guesses.

Thanks for your support SeaVixen I have all the proof sometimes I just hate confrontation...

Looking at the photos, going over your story... I'm appalled. Whether it was one of their "early" tails or not, there is no excuse for such a mess and such awful customer service. At all.

They gave you a faulty product, blamed you for their shoddy work, charged you 500 freaking dollars to "fix" it only to have it all fall apart again a week later... And then tried to talk you into buying UPGRADES?? Yeah. No. Absolutely not, there is no excuse for that.

They should have refunded you for the "repairs" cost and at least SOME portion of the original cost of the tail. Period. Instead, they expected you to give them more money after such an awful experience. I'm speechless. Simply speechless.

I'm so, so sorry you've had to deal with this, Eden. This is like a total nightmare.

With that being said I hope all the other Mers love their tails they deserve to have the dream tail .. Your tails are gorgeous.. I love seeing them I know your ecstatic and you should be. Bonnie I'm sorry your thread is kinda ruined I never meant to ruin it. Your tails amazing. I hope we all swim together soon ������

Thanks for your support SeaVixen I have all the proof sometimes I just hate confrontation...
    I know it doesn't mean much but if I had the money I would get you the newer model. I just need to win the lottery first

You Mers are way too sweet and that's why tail or no tail we are still Mers and I love you all! Man isn't being a mermaid or merman awesome.. I was just saying how special we are to someone today. We are so tight nit and stick up for one another. It's really an amazing thing in a world like this. We have something so special!
    Last edited by EdenSirene; 08-25-2014 at 03:22 AM.

You Mers are way too sweet and that's why tail or no tail we are still Mers and I love you all! Man isn't being a mermaid awesome.. I was just saying how special we are to someone today. We are so tight nit and stick up for one another. It's really an amazing thing in a world like this. We have something so special!
    One of the things I love about this community. I secretly suspect it's because we must have all come from the same sea-foam. (I probably referenced that Western faerie-tale the wrong way, but I tried, lol)
    آناهیتا پری دریایی

I was sleeping through the night and didn't see the new messages here.

Eden, I'm proud of you for finally speaking. I know it's hard when we fear the confrontation with the people involved but sometimes things need to be told. You are not at fault and you shouldn't be scared either. If MerNation pull an Eric on you, we will be here to support you. I'm really sad that your dream is being shattered by something like this. Obviously, Eric isn't the only shameless tail maker to make people pay for their mistakes and I find that unacceptable and really dishonest.

Remember that you are a beautiful person and I believe things will get better in the future. I just don't know when but you gotta keep believing in you and that good things can still happen in spite of what you're going through. I will pray for you and I will keep an eye out for any silicone tail being in sale so you can find something for you.

Stray strong, Eden. Don't let MerNation steal your light.
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 08-25-2014 at 04:38 AM.

I am super proud of you Eden for sharing this. I know you sent me those pictures and I am so grateful that you did. It takes a lot to show what happened and I am glad that you did. I am so very sorry that you haven't had the same experience that I have, I wish more than anything you had. I will keep a look out at my tail very closely. And hopefully will never have to deal with this. It breaks my heart to hear you so upset, I wish this had turned out different. Thank you again for being so brave I know that had to be very hard for you. We all have your back and are all here for you.