Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eden's Experience

Kishiko your comments actually were really insulting to me, I respect your opinions and your right to defend a company you believe in, but I never lie to mernetwork or post things that aren't true or that I can't prove in some shape or form, and I resent even the suggestion of that.
    actually if you read what I said, I was merely stating that since you didn't even explain, give proof, or at the very least give broad context, it's unfair to try to make a negative point against them saying that. I never suggested you weren't telling the truth. You always get so hyped when people don't "provide proof" when a disagreement takes place, so I was merely pointing that out

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Im proud of you Eden and Im glad people have come around to at least validated what you went through.

And you're so nice youre even happy for everyone else. You aren't trying to ruin mernation or bring them down, you're just sad about your tail and I think that is fair.

I personally feel many tail makers (not just mernation) start selling tails too soon. I think it's important tails are made and tested and put through the ringer so people know what they're in for. For example, Finfolk recently mentioned they can do their best to repaint older tails, but that the paint doesnt always bond. THey were upfront and honest about a long term thing so people know what to expect.

When I compare things with merbellas, it's because merbellas and mermaid creations are the only silicone tails I have, so they're the only ones I can share my experiences on. My mermaid creations tail also can't be repaired or changed or painted. But I knew that when I was gifted with it. And I still tell people when they buy one of those tails so they know what they're getting into.

I'm glad for people who have tails and are happy. The same way I am glad people get em from mertailor as long as theyre happy. But I am always gonna be the sucker for people who feel too scared to speak out. Because I was there years and years ago. And I know the difference a little validation and support can make. I feel the support I got from the community when I finally spoke out about my situation, was the tipping point that helped me continue my mermaid dream and not give up on it.

I tagged you in the NCmerfest status too because they're having 3 tail give aways! Might be a good chance. I know, like me, you want your tail to be the same as possible because it is your signature, but I am sure someone can make you one so people know it's you!!! <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Wow, Eden!

I saw you had commented on my tail and I thought 'hey! That's the famous Fishhawk Mermaid! I hadn't heard from you since reading about you and talking with you via facebook!'

Then I saw what you are going through! F***!!!

It's a shame that new tailmakers rush to get business going and then end up putting people through like what you are now going through. We've seen it unfold here several times over the course of just the last year with several different makers! I hope that you can get things worked out and get a tail you can rely on.

Eventually, I want to start offering tails for sale, but I'm not going to start until I get my methods refined to the point where I KNOW my first commercial tails are going to be bulletproof (figuratively speaking)!

Thank you for the lovely compliments on my tail! It's been a long road and a lot of work. I hope one day I'll be able to count you as a loyal client!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Have they contacted you since? I only purchased a fabric tail from them and it was a little big and a little too long, but after I posted my review, they were very quick to send me a message saying that they were very sorry that my tail didn't fit well and they were willing to repair it for me. I would hate that they would do you wrong like this.

Mernation knows what situation I am in they have not contacted me as of yet so it is on them. If they want to make this right they will. They have all my contact info and I hope if they are what they said then they will redo this tail and bring back The Fishhawk Mermaid to the kids before the summer is over! Thank you for all your support fellow Mers! Keep swimming <3

As a company, we have agreed to stay out of the drama that unfortunately pops up on this forum much too often. Not to speak poorly about MerNetwork as we feel it as valuable and great site to share feedback, ideas, and stories and bring mers together. We feel we need to say our piece on this though.

There are definitely two sides to every story. If reading this comes as a shock to our clients - ask yourself why? Have we EVER conducted ourselves in such a manner? Have we EVER threatened you or made you uncomfortable to come and talk to us? This is most certainly not the way we remember it. We too have a copy of every conversation and text that took place between Jenna Conti and us. That entire document will stay between us, Jenna and our lawyer and is not for this forum. When Jenna claimed that she was pursuing legal action against us - we made a copy of all of it for our lawyer. They instructed us to cease communication with her, and we have. We have never been contacted by her lawyer. From our very first conversation with Jenna she has flat out lied to us. We did do an entire resize of her tail free of charge (after she asked what would happen if she lost a bunch of weight) and we did some repairs free of charge. We did charge her when she wanted a complete repaint that we felt was unnecessary, and have pictures to support. We were very clear that the second coat of paint may not bond as well as the first, the lovely world of silicone. We have been contacted by her several times apologizing for things she has said and posted. How "she would love to go back and erase all of the negative comments she said and wrote." That she "said it only because she was unhappy in her personal life that she took it out on us." She's also attempted to give us more money and buy more products from us. We absolutely will not be working with Jenna again.

We truly strive to ensure 100% satisfaction with all of our clients. We work hard to keep them informed and up to date and we think of them all as new friends. We truly appreciate each and every one of you. Those of you who have worked with us know that we don't operate the way we've been described. Jenna's tail was not the first we created. Our first two tails are still in production at an aquarium and our third tail belongs to the beautiful Mermaid Cydney who just wrapped up a photo shoot with it. We don't know why Jenna's tail looks the way it does. She just sent us a text on July 7th of her tail looking perfect underwater at her recent event. And one that says her fluke is in "Mint condition". She event listed it on ebay in "excellent" condition.

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 556
Size:  52.0 KB

One thing we can all agree on is it does look awful! We are truly sorry for that. We understand that there isn't a winning solution here. The damage has been done. Those of you who have your opinions about us, have them, and we can't change that. While that makes us sad, we understand. Those of you who haven't made up your mind yet, or would like to ask us additional questions - here's our email address:themernation@gmail.com. We have nothing to hide. We aren't threatening anyone. This is not an attack on Jenna but merely a company standing up for itself and it's product. Feel free to reach out to our other clients and they will share their experience with you. Yes we have absolutely learned new techniques throughout the year that only improve our work. As any business does, we are continually striving to learn new methods and techniques.

To all of our current clients, we are very sorry for the awkward situation this has put you in. You can and should be proud to own a MerNation, Inc. tail. You all already know this, but should you have any problems, you know our number :-) Thank you so much for your support it means the world to us!

This will be the last we say on this matter, as it is now between our lawyers and hers.

Thank you for stepping in to give your side of the story, MerNation! I definitely understand why your company would choose to stay out of drama, especially when it comes to something like this— after hearing your side, it's definitely a really tricky situation. It sounds like Eden left out a fair bit of information... I'm not quite sure where to stand on the issue myself, though a lot of things really are starting to come together and make a bit more sense (lack of communication due to being threatened with legal action, for example. That's a smart move.) I may email you with questions later on, if that's alright.

With regards to your previously-made tails, as well as the photos sent to you of Eden's tail... That's puzzling. How can a tail that was in such perfect condition fall apart so quickly? I've heard of tails falling apart and paint peeling off, but never over such a short period of time. And especially if previous tails you've made using the same methods are still perfectly fine.

I have to admit, I don't know much about your company or your tail making methods, but every photo and video of your tails have looked great and every owner I've read here on the forum has been really positive about their experiences with you and your tails so I was pretty shocked to hear about the problems with Eden's tail. But it seems like there was a lot of details about the situation left out...

I'm sorry things have escalated to this point, and I hope that you guys can come to a peaceful resolution with or without legal action getting involved. This whole thing seems like such a mess!

Eden sent me the communications previously....

Anyway, Dottie you look great.

So I know everyone wants to move away from drama and I promise I will totally stop after this one post but I have to say one thing because of my education on the topic and personal experience with years on the forum....

This will be the last we say on this matter, as it is now between our lawyers and hers.

When you say you aren't intimidating her, you contradict that by making statements like this. A statement like this suggests you're capable of bringing legal action against her for anything she's said here, or anything she will say. And you can't. I know you can't. Because I've researched the hell out of this including looking up every slander/libel law and getting quotes from Canadian and American lawyers. To even suggest legal action when you can take none, is called legally bullying. It's a form of intimidation, which is illegal. Mertailor used to try and pull this one all the time. You can't really do anything about what she's posted. Just like she can't legally do anything about her tail (unless she has proof of a warranty). And there's really no need to even state that lawyers are involved publicly. I tend to believe there isn't, because a lawyer would advise you AGAINST posting something like that on the forum cuz now we can prove you said it and it's a suggestion of legal bullying.
    We don't tolerate that kind of stuff on mernetwork. By all means if you actually feel like getting lawyers involved, it's your money. But I find most people straight up lie about that unless they happen to have a lawyer on retainer as a way to intimidate, and even then. Mertailor had his lawyers go over everything on mernetwork and said he couldn't even do as much as a cease and desist. (by eric's own admission). So her posting photos, you've really got nothing to stand on.

In the future, you're more than welcome to share your side of things, proof, make statements on behalf of your company or whatever. But don't pull out that legal card publicly unless you're willing and capable of facing the consequences. Just accepting responsability and move on. The community moves on when people do that. When you keep fighting, making legal threats, or trying to do stuff without backing it up... well that's when people won't let things go and the drama cycle goes on and on. When people go "whoops, our bad, we'll learn from that and see if we can figure things out." the community moves on.

And now... back to our regularly scheduled posting.

Actually Jenna is the one that pulled that card. Which is why we have ceased communicating with her. We are not pursuing legal action against her - she is against us.

well in that case there are only certain circumstances in which she could. Good luck with that. The admin can feel free to move the post, but I think all tail makers should give it a look over anyway

When Jenna claimed that she was pursuing legal action against us - we made a copy of all of it for our lawyer. They instructed us to cease communication with her, and we have. We have never been contacted by her lawyer.
    yeah they did already say it was Eden who threatened legal action.. so...

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    So I know everyone wants to move away from drama and I promise I will totally stop after this one post but I have to say one thing because of my education on the topic and personal experience with years on the forum....

[/FONT]

When you say you aren't intimidating her, you contradict that by making statements like this. A statement like this suggests you're capable of bringing legal action against her for anything she's said here, or anything she will say. And you can't. I know you can't. Because I've researched the hell out of this including looking up every slander/libel law and getting quotes from Canadian and American lawyers. To even suggest legal action when you can take none, is called legally bullying. It's a form of intimidation, which is illegal. Mertailor used to try and pull this one all the time. You can't really do anything about what she's posted. Just like she can't legally do anything about her tail (unless she has proof of a warranty). And there's really no need to even state that lawyers are involved publicly. I tend to believe there isn't, because a lawyer would advise you AGAINST posting something like that on the forum cuz now we can prove you said it and it's a suggestion of legal bullying.
    We don't tolerate that kind of stuff on mernetwork. By all means if you actually feel like getting lawyers involved, it's your money. But I find most people straight up lie about that unless they happen to have a lawyer on retainer as a way to intimidate, and even then. Mertailor had his lawyers go over everything on mernetwork and said he couldn't even do as much as a cease and desist. (by eric's own admission). So her posting photos, you've really got nothing to stand on.

In the future, you're more than welcome to share your side of things, proof, make statements on behalf of your company or whatever. But don't pull out that legal card publicly unless you're willing and capable of facing the consequences. Just accepting responsability and move on. The community moves on when people do that. When you keep fighting, making legal threats, or trying to do stuff without backing it up... well that's when people won't let things go and the drama cycle goes on and on. When people go "whoops, our bad, we'll learn from that and see if we can figure things out." the community moves on.

And now... back to our regularly scheduled posting.
    Just by reading this quote from mernation

"When Jenna claimed that she was pursuing legal action against us - we made a copy of all of it for our lawyer. They instructed us to cease communication with her, and we have. We have never been contacted by her lawyer."

Shows They aren't the ones threatening legal action at all. They already explained who is the legal bully as you put it at the beginning of their statement but you only focus on the one line at the end that is only implying they are still waiting for her to follow through with her threat of contacting her lawyer.

I'm sorry but something is fishy here because how is it all the other tails are perfectly fine and it's just hers that's messed up. Doesn't make sense. Sounds like intentional damage to have something to sue over to me. Intentionally finding something to sue about like most warped people in this country. It's Wayyyy too sue happy here, can't say or do anything including make mermaid tails without someone trying to sue you. Not right! Just make a tail for the wrong person is all it takes whether it's good or bad.
    Live your dreams and don't let anyone snatch it away from you!
    Check out my Facebook Page, Instagram, and YouTube!
    https://www.facebook.com/msvfanpage
    http://instagram.com/mermaid_seavixen/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MsSeaMaiden1

Quote Originally Posted by SeaVixen View Post
    I'm sorry but something is fishy here because how is it all the other tails are perfectly fine and it's just hers that's messed up. Doesn't make sense. Sounds like intentional damage to have something to sue over to me. Intentionally finding something to sue about like most warped people in this country.
    While I agree that it's a bit strange that hers is the only tail to have encountered this kind of damage that we know of, and especially so quickly, I have to hop in to say that the idea that she did the damage intentionally to have something to spark a lawsuit over makes no sense, either. There aren't a whole lot of lawyers who'd be willing to take on a case like this because there'd be next to no winnings from it, and that's assuming they did win; in the case of a customer destroying the product themselves for the sake of trying to sue and get more money, they'd basically lose, and not only potentially face charges for fraud but also end up counter-sued by MerNation to cover their legal fees for wasting the company's time. That'd be a lot of money to lose on top of the money you've already lost due to the gigs you couldn't do and had to turn down because you're left with a damaged, unusable tail. It's too much risk for too little potential payoff. If you want to engage in sue-happy fraud, this is a pretty impractical way to go about it.

Eden really doesn't strike me as the type of person who would purposefully ruin a tail for the sake of trying to squeeze more money out of MerNation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Eden really doesn't strike me as the type of person who would purposefully ruin a tail for the sake of trying to squeeze more money out of MerNation.
    I agree. No mer on his/her right mind would do that.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I think we are getting to the point akin to ruminating over why a couple might be getting divorced. No one but the parties involved know the chain of events and all the details. Speculation now is pointless.

Lol
    1. She didn't say here (that I can see) she's getting a lawyer, she didn't make a public legal threat hence no legal bullying, especially if she does have proof of a warranty... it's no legal bullying when you actually can prove your case (same goes for either side). and speaking of intimidation who would want to post if people are going to accuse them of ruining their own tail on purpose? geesh that was a leap and a half of irrational.
    2. You seem to be missing the part where I said "You can't really do anything about what she's posted. Just like she can't legally do anything about her tail (unless she has proof of a warranty)." acknowledging both sides.
    3. As soon as mernation pointed out my mistake, I acknowledged and suggested admin move my post out of the thread. But my points are still very much valid for either party, or anyone really.
    Last edited by AniaR; 08-26-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I have to interject now. Can we PLEASE take this elsewhere? We've had statements from Eden and MerNation, both, and I think that this is just clogging up the thread at this point. I really just wanted this thread to be a place for people who were excited about their gear from MerNation. I just wanted a place where we could share our excitement about it, ask questions, get updates. Everything that happens in the Merbellas thread, basically. I really feel disrespected, and I feel, honestly, like a company I believe in is being torn down and spit on.
    This is one of the most loving and caring communities I know, but today, it really doesn't feel like it.
    So, please, please, please! Enough!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I think the issue is for the longest time we only had one space to talk about mernation. So perhaps when Iona has time she can move all of eden's related posts to their own thread so it's separate from the main thread. And this one remains true to your intent for it. I apologize, looking back I should have done a new thread from the start. I got caught up in trying to validate my point and didn't think. It would piss me off if someone did that in my merbellas thread too, so I apologize dottie. The quickest way to get it done is to press the ! on posts you think should be moved and add in the comments section that they should be moved to their own thread. I don't personally think it's fair to move it all to drama because I think it's all valid. But that's up to the mod discretion. Then when Iona gets time it comes up in her notifications and she can do it.

You really do look awesome in your top and I'm glad you're happy with it. Sorry for derailing your posts meant to celebrate! I think these situations touch a nerve with me because of my own personal experience and I need to try and find better constructive ways to post about them.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Thank you, Raina. I know that nobody meant to push anyone else aside. I understand how you feel, and I know how easy it is to get caught up in something you feel strongly about. I've done it myself. I heartily accept your apology, and thank you for it. I know that you're just a super passionate person, and that you put your heart into everything you do or say. I consider everyone here to be my friend, and love everybody regardless of disagreement, and I don't hold anything said on this topic personally. If I was independently wealthy, I'd give everyone a tail.
    So, I guess I'll follow your suggestion and mark all the posts on it. Thank you for your help!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.