Thread: Another steampunk ariel!

Another steampunk ariel!

Ok so I'm trying to decide how to do a steampunk Ariel/Eric costume for halloween. I pretty much have Ariel firgured out, I'll just need to make the "water" tanks for my back (gonna put lights and air bubblers in them!) but I can't really figure out how to steampunk Eric's outfit up without going overboard. I need some ideas!

For those curious, here's what I have chosen for my outfit:

I'm going to get a seashell, stain it purple and put it on the left breast area, as well as dangle the next pictured necklace off the strap that goes across the right breast. I'll probably use the pouches to hold the battery pack for the bubbler for the water tanks I'm going to attach to the back of the short bolero.

For shoes I have a pair of brown mildly steampunkish boots I'm going to make boots strapts for with purple seashells.

For my boyfriend:

(Wig)

My bf already has his pants, red sash and boots (ren faire left overs). I'm gonna get him a wig, the shirt, an anchor necklace, mayber a mermaid necklace and a brown faux leather vest. I was thinking of having him throw out his brown leather belt and ren faire belt bag. I'd rather not add goggles, just because Eric is a sailor not an airship pilot.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    That corset looks just like one offered at corset-story.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    hehehehe...I read this one a while back...
    "Steampunk...when Goths discovered the color brown."

lmao, Pearlie!!

I've never been to corset story, I'm getting mine from AliExpress cause it's super cheap to buy direct. The whole outfit is coming from there except for what I'm making.

A cheaper option would be for me to forego the steampunk top for a seashell one, and then he and I would just be much lighter steampunk (only because I know I'm going to make the tanks steampunk style).
    Last edited by MermaidBrandie; 08-29-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Midwest
    Pod of Texas
    Pod of the Great Lakes

Is there a reason that you are using real shell vs. a more flexible material?

This is awesome, btw. I like how cohesive all the pieces are

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Meko View Post
    Is there a reason that you are using real shell vs. a more flexible material?

This is awesome, btw. I like how cohesive all the pieces are
    Mostly because I already have a real shell, lol. I have a pair of silicone starfish being made that I'll use for swimming in the water, but I already have an "out of water" real shell top from the ren faire. And I'm cheap. XP And thank you.