Lessee, I have had fried gator slathered in way too much ketchup, and again when a coworker at my last job hunted a 200lb gator and brought some of the meat in. The whole store smelled like fried 'water chicken' within half an hour all day, and it's not a small store.

I LOVE smoked eel, especially on a sushi roll with some soy sauce on it. Not so much fun if the fillet strips is riddled with the needle-thin bone, but yummy all the same.

Also enjoy the hunting, and eating of calimari and squid. Our dock draws in a swarm of longfin squid that I'll fish up a half dozen or so of, skin them, clean out the mantle, chop off the tentacles to enjoy seared in a pan with some spices. Roasted straight on an open fire oddly gives the mantle a jerky-like taste. I also find tenderizing the mantle, particularly the fins, helps its edibility. Supposedly there's a way to clean the skin and cartilage rings off the tentacles, but I have yet to figure that out. Was really looking forward to catching some this year to try stuffed mantle, but there were none each time I went to the dock :C

On a truly weird factor I actually dipped a sugar snap pea in dipping caramel and ate it on a whim. Was surprisingly quite yummy with the crispy juciness of the pea.