Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ksenia Evteeva - new tailmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kelda View Post
    The little scales on the veins look like they're copied from FF.
    Yep, the sculpt is totally like the Finfolks new details.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    WOW! Those new tails are fantastic! That jacket is so cool too! I'd love to see someone wear just the jacket out with jeans or a skirt or something. She's a very talented girl by the look of her Cosplay stuff.
    Last edited by Keiris; 06-26-2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: mispell

They look good yes, but how is the quality?
    The fluke still looks a bit thin.

Add Kitson on Facebook
    Hi everyone. The purple tail was ordered by me . I just received it yesterday . It is very beautiful . Not yet try in water / wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybeejoyce View Post
    Hi everyone. The purple tail was ordered by me . I just received it yesterday . It is very beautiful . Not yet try in water / wear it.
    I would love to see pictures!

^ yes please!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Congratulations HoneyBee and WELCOME to the forum!!!

Very pretty, honeybeejoyce Welcome!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Great going guys, you just hated on the tail someone got. Real classy. Why are people so pissed anyway if someone copied another tailmaker's design? You can't copyright it. Jesus, there's allowed to be tails which look the same or similar. -__-
    Honeybeejoyce, your new tail is very beautiful. c:

We're not hating on the tail, it's a pretty fluke.
    But I'm mad with the tailmakers way of dealing with things. There is a difference between making something you made up and it's similar to something else, and looking at someone else's work and thinking "I want to do THAT". Or as before, having a customer specifically wanting the loreena or angler fluke but not wanting to pay fill price for a Finfolk or Merbella. That is copying.
    I can see that Evteeva has the ability to make original stuff, she isn't a terrible sculptor.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Man Raven sure starts trends doesn't she? Everyone makes bracers now and copies her Atlantis tops. Finfolk get copied a lot now too .

I'm always happy for people when they finally get mermaid tails but I have a whole list of tail makers I've blacklisted .

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Pretty tail.

And welcome Honeybee!
    Where are you going to swim in HK, Repulse Bay?

Add Kitson on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    Pretty tail.

And welcome Honeybee!
    Where are you going to swim in HK, Repulse Bay?

gonna find a swimming pool to try and have some photo shooting first . as Hong Kong not easy to find a place with sea water.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaAbyss View Post
    Great going guys, you just hated on the tail someone got. Real classy. Why are people so pissed anyway if someone copied another tailmaker's design? You can't copyright it. Jesus, there's allowed to be tails which look the same or similar. -__-
    Honeybeejoyce, your new tail is very beautiful. c:
    Um... How is it not classy to point out when someone is copying a design? And actually, you CAN copyright exact designs with very specific details. I am always the first person to point out that there is nothing new under the sun and that general things can have occurred to many people (such as making scale bracers with fins) but when something is just a blatant copy, it's not cool. We used to have this problem in the Asian Ball Jointed Doll community--people would do exact replicas of dolls rather than create their own fresh ideas. The tail is lovely and I am very happy for its owner. On the otter hand, I still don't think it is right when a tailmaker blatantly rips off someone else's designs. And please try and tell me that top isn't a rip off of Raven.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    People on this forum get their panties tied in knots over someone copying another person's tail design. People copy Splash and H2o tails all the time and I happen to be copying the tails from the movie Mermaids. Why? Because I love it and none of my original designs felt right. Hello Seavanna, it happens everywhere.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaAbyss View Post
    People on this forum get their panties tied in knots over someone copying another person's tail design. People copy Splash and H2o tails all the time and I happen to be copying the tails from the movie Mermaids. Why? Because I love it and none of my original designs felt right. Hello Seavanna, it happens everywhere.
    Those are replicas of tails from media, not from individual artists who sell their work within a community. There is a difference between making a Superman costume to honor the fact that you really love Superman and to take an original custom designed outfit, replicate it, and sell it. One is a recognizable icon that you are giving a nod to--the other is something that other people could mistake as yours when it is, in fact, someone else's. Though both, technically, are copyright infringement, to say that there is no difference is really not fair. We all know who invented Superman. Not everybody would be able to recognize that top as Merbella's, so Raven might not get the credit for creating the design. Also, not to be rude, but I would say the person getting upset is you. You are the one using terms like "great going guys" and "panties tied in knots" and saying "hello, [person's name]," all of which are rather sarcastic terms. All we are doing is saying that if some individual creates something truly special and is trying to make a living crafting it, that it's not fair to replicate their exact designs rather than changing it up enough to call your own. I'm not sure why you think there is something wrong with us wanting to look out for the people who put such hard work into creating these beautiful tail designs that we love.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.