Thread: The Cove + Hannah Fraser

The Cove + Hannah Fraser

I'm watching The Cove right now for a class and I got super excited when I recognized Hannah Fraser and Hayden Panettiere! Did Hannah get started on the idea of making her tail because of the freedivers in the movie? The movie was released in 2009 but the footage may have been from before (Wikipedia says some footage was from 2007 and I think Hannah started in 2006)... Also, I was telling my friends all about the monofins used in the film
    Last edited by Spindrift; 11-09-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

oh god.
    they stabbed them. oh god oh god oh god so much blood.
    the entire lagoon is just blood oh god.
    :x

... there's a scuba diver in that water? Who could stomach that?!

Man I thought I saw it all with Sharkwater. And I knew all the things The Cove talked about. Like, I was already convinced. I just didn't have images to go along with it.

I know how you feel - I cried while watching The Cove, I can't watch it again. I can barely eat seafood at times when I think of it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I was at home alone watching the cove and my mom came home and saw me crying my eyes out she was like "are you okay"? and I said "save your self it's to painfu!"
    After that I never watched it again
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I couldn't even watch that whole movie! I had to turn it off when I saw that poor dolphin trying to escape :'(

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Man, just looking at the trailer kinda freaked me out.

She did mermaiding before it I thought this was common knowledge! Hah! I always tell people about the cove part when I give presentations about my mermaiding and talk about Hannah. There are photos of Hayden in her tail too

They made a sequal to the cove, on NATG. And they also live tweeted and FB streamed events this year at the cove. Showing all the victories and losses over the past few years since the movie came out. Rick O Barry just won a humanitarian award.

Here's a link to the movie, in case anyone is interested in watching it: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/cove/

There is also a link to sign a petition to stop the practice. http://www.takepart.com/cove

Chesapeake Pod
    Here is another petition to help save captive dolphins in turkey... http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...light=dolphins
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

The Cove.. i have alot to say about it. However this slaughter has been practiced since the 1600's. I know the faroe islands do something similar to this with pilot whales but they actually hand the food out to all locals in the town. It is a sad practice, and "tradition" BUT how does slaughtering dolphins become traditional and whaling becomes scientific research?...

I personally disliked the movie The Cove, for a few reasons. Yes the slaughter of dolphins is a serious issue, I believe the Iki islands were the ones to slaughter their dolphins into "exctinction" on their side. I cant believe dolphins are considered "pests" but they overfish and pollute and yet, the dolphins are the pests. I always look at both sides of the argument before making my opinion. I found something here regarding certain statements from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSjCFWjRmgM

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T8BuSywUDQ

the poor dolphins!