Thread: Places for underwater photography? (England)

Places for underwater photography? (England)

Anyone know of any good places for underwater photoshoots in England? I've talked to a photographer (who has underwater equipment) about trying to get together for a shoot, but all the pools I (and they) have looked at charge a lot of money or don't seem to allow it.

Anyone had luck with this or know where to look for this kind of thing? I'm in Cambridge, and the photographer's closer to London, but I'd be willing to travel a bit in order to find somewhere.
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Hi Jade! Lots of pools and places are available for hire for underwater photoshoots, but it will be very difficult to find somewhere that would allow you to do it during public swim time - especially if you want to get really good pictures, you're looking at using a backdrop, and probably a scuba diving photographer if you're in a pool, so it's quite a set-up! Some pools might let you film or take pictures using your own waterproof camera if you manage to go along when they're empty or nearly empty, but that would be on a pool by pool basis. Your best bet if you can't hire out a pool is probably to ask around and see if you know anyone who knows anyone who has a pool you can use for free.

If you do look at hiring a pool, my recommendation is to check out how chloriney the water is first so you don't end up in a heavily chlorinated pool that really hurts your eyes from the get go (although all chlorinated pools will get rather burny after a while in any photoshoot!)
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube

Hm, thanks for the info! I'll try talking to a pool near me, but I'm afraid if we want to find a space we're going to have to rent as no one I've meet seems to have pools. Thanks for the info!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)