Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Top For MermaidMichelle!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Heehee that's awesome! This top is definitely made with Hunger Games in mind!

My mertender says he'd only like to have the extra bits so that he can finish the other pair of shells for my own top He was hoping to get those done soon, especially now that he's seeing how awesome your top is turning out!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Oh, that is fine to know; I'm honoured and congratulate you heartily!
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!

Dude that back of the top is amazing, I really love it!
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

I finished sewing the first shell on today! Sorry for the bad quality photos, my room isn't the best for photos unless I turn ALL THE LIGHTS on, which I forgot to do. I plan on taking better ones on my mannequin soon anyways.

Name:  PB290008.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  PB290009.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  151.6 KB

Name:  PB290010.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  149.5 KB

TwitterFacebookInstagram

Looking good!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Question, how did you sew the shell on? I'm planning on making myself some more she'll tops and would love to know
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Love the back to that! Those shells are so bright!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Galene: Thank you! I'm liking the progress

Sirenia: I had my mertender drill holes in the shells. Everywhere you see a pearl or gold bead is where there's a hole - I covered the holes with pretty things I sewed them down with some super-thin (pretty much invisible) nylon thread. I word of warning - if you're planning on drilling your own holes, my mertender ended up wrecking two bits to drill these! I ended up with some pretty heavy-duty, thick shells! I think if I'd glued them, they would have come off. Plus the whole problem of glue and I not getting along well on multiple levels. The thing about sewing them on is that you have to watch where you're placing all the stitches on the bra base, because it can easily distort the cup and make it smaller - especially if you're like me and want to sew the whole thing down instead of having part of it standing away from the bra!

CoyoteWalker: Thanks a bunch! Yeah, those are some pretty flashy shells - I saw them and knew I had to use them on Michelle's top (MER ON FIRE for sure!)

TwitterFacebookInstagram

Mer on Fire indeed; I am pleased and impressed! Has anyone else seen Mockingjay, Part I yet? I saw it opening day...lol

Back on topic, I very much like the pearls with which you covered the holes (and I'm still sorry about the drill bits; animals can make some very strong biological materials!); they're the perfect mermaid accessory and assist my naturally-royal-metallic-fire-sea-dragon look!
    Because you can be a mermaid and have an immortal soul!

COMING SOMETIME (THERE'S NO HURRY):
    MY TAIL; Merbella Studios and Tia Michelle Pesando's Collaboration,
    THE FIRE ANGEL SEA DRAGON a.k.a.
    THE MER ON FIRE​!

Yay, I'm so glad you're liking it! The second shell is coming along much faster, now that I have a technique down for such a large shell. I tried to put not too many pearls on it, as I'm trying to balance it with the shiny gold beads Thankfully I have some "irregular" glass beads that fit in well with the colour scheme, so it's not just the usual white round beads either!

I haven't gotten to see any of the Hunger Games movies past the first one yet... I don't get to go to theatres or buy DVDs, and I feel so bad about watching things not-so-legally online

TwitterFacebookInstagram