Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 MerNetwork Secret Santa: General Interest & Discussion Thread

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I've signed up! (: Sorry I wasn't too creative with my list of info. I'm not hard to please! I can't wait to get my giftee! <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I've signed up! (: Sorry I wasn't too creative with my list of info. I'm not hard to please! I can't wait to get my giftee! <3
    Meronica, you need to have already had 30 posts before signing up. You can't sign up with just 20. Sorry. It's one of the listed rules.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Oh dear, well I'm up to 30 now, but if I still can't participate I suppose I understand.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Raina is reffering to this "You must be an active user on the forums with at least 30 substantial posts before Oct 1, 2014." from the front page.

Edit: not meant to be mean or anything, but just what is written on the first post >_<
    Last edited by Ilyena; 10-14-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

It's nothing personal. It's to be sure the people who participate are active members as people will often join and leave and after the first year we had an issue with a few people who left the forum and got gifts but never sent them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Also a question for the person running this.. I might be moving between now and December. Any way I could still make it work (for the person sending something to me) if that happens?
    Hey Iona, are you going to use a forwarding address? Would it just work out better if you use your future address even if it means you have to wait longer? Or maybe you can have it sent to a trusted friend and you can retrieve it later?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Good evening guys!!!!! I've just registered and I'm so excited to start!!! DDDD

Ok I sent a question to the Mer-Santa Account! I get this picture of a merman with a beard and santa hat and it pleases me! LoL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Cure for anything is Saltwater, Sweat, Tears or The Sea
    (Isak Dinesen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Merman Jace Aquarius

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Just signed up! Can't wait to see who of you lovely mers I am partenered with

Senior Member Pod of Cali Cerulean's Avatar
    I finally signed up~ Sheesh that took forever and a day, had to log into uni email account because thats the only thing I have hooked up to google then psych myself up to be brave enough to join in. I can be such a guppy sometimes.

Glad you decided to take part!

Well never heard back from mer-santa with my question and the date is now passed... Have fun everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Cure for anything is Saltwater, Sweat, Tears or The Sea
    (Isak Dinesen)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Merman Jace Aquarius

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mer-gal's Avatar
    how strict is the rule that you had to have posted at least 30 substantial post by October 1? I would really like to participate but I am not sure if I can.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Question:

Now that registration is closed, how do we know which partner do we have? Someone emails the info to us, or how does it work?

I'm asking because it's my first year doing this, and I am not sure how it goes. I don't want to be late with my gift, since I will have for sure to mail internationally.

Yes they PM or email us to tell us who we have once it's set up

We have 47 sign ups this year! I'm very excited. It's taking a while to go through everyone's credentials, but the sign ups should be sent out by email if not by tonight then tomorrow.

I'm sorry, the 30 substantial posts has to be a hard rule. We considered doing something where community members can vouch for people to take part, but it's just too messy. However, if someone doesn't follow through with their gift, MerNetwork Secret Santa might make a post about accepting "standbys" or people who want to send a second one. That happened twice last year. The rule is just in place to minimize the disappointment for giftees whose gifts just don't arrive (it's not a 100% effective, but its one measure we can use).
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I'm looking forward to getting the email telling me who I'm the Mer-santa for

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Got my email tonight! Already ordered my gifts, too I want to send them to my own house so I can wrap them personally, and send them back overseas <3

Got my email! I am so excited about the person I got because they are so awesome and I have a bunch of ideas