Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MerCon type of gathering for 201?? what do you think??

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    I just wanted to add something here... I am the owner/producer of Gasparilla..Sita did come down here at Gasparilla time and I invited her to the parade, etc....but the party they planned was one that I sponsored with time (not money, yo be clear.). We were attempting to do my annual Gasparilla Pageant event at the event, but it was not feasible to do so. With all due respect, I do want to tell Shelly and marla...Gasparilla is my event (Gasparilla.com) and I think it's neat that back in December you guys were referring to it and hoping the organizer would help. *I am excited about the August event.

here everyone some of you all my not know this but Mer-Palooza is the answer to another mercon, it's being held at world gate resort in floridia, right outside of disney land! the tickets to the pool party with buffet and acts are only 25 dollars. there are also package deals where you can get a three night stay and tickets to all the mermaid events.
    and there are disney packages too! we have sponsors and acts galore! there will also be the first ever mermaid tradeshow where you can purchase products from vendor that make mermaid themes items, plus the international Mermaid Awards and the mermaid pagent is being held here this year. I am helping out the geniuses behind this who are working really hard. so this is like Mer-con 2 but under different management and is going to be bigger and better this year!
    if your interested or need more info here's the website. promo videos and behind the scenes look at the making of Mer-Palooza (Mer-Con 2) will be up shortly, so plan you trip to florida this august cause all the hottest merfolks will be there. and I am sure that the creator mr. merman Jr can help with any ideas for ya'lls event lol
    http://www.mer-palooza.com/
    Sea Of Dreams, where fantasy becomes reality
    Proud to be a Carni Mermaid!

I don't think Mer-palooza is what this thread was ideally aiming for since it's not really organized by the people who participated in this thread. Also, not to be disrespectful, but I rather not have this thread be turned into advertisement for the event, since mer-palooza is already being advertised on so many other forum posts.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

well this is free forum and to let you know the title is a mer-con type of gather and on the east coast which by the way Mer-palooza is. it's a mer con type of gathering. I think if anyone has a problem with what we post then let the author of the thread say it. I'm just ,and i'm sure the others are to, letting the world know about the er-con type of gathering known as mer-palooza. i am sure when mer-con last year happened everyone was posting talking about.
    I'd be interested in any mer-con type a of gathering whether it's mer-palooza or something else!

... did you read the thread at all? Or even the first post?

Eh. Whatever. It's fine. I'm not here to police.

i did read the first post that mermaid lanai did, she was asking what people thought about a mertype gathering on the east coast and how that could be done and so on. I have no idea what i did to offend you or make you criticize my post but i am sorry I have uspet you or something.

Uh... no. I'm not offended. It's fine.

If it was done mid-coast, then it would be a pretty even distance from everyone. That suggestion is a WEE bit selfish (pod of the chesapeake! haha).
    That Venetian pool looks SO COOL
    Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

I think having it in NYC might be cheaper since it's a major travel destination and a lot of conventions are held there. In terms of flight/hotels/space rentals, it might be a stronger choice than other locations. DC/Baltimore is also another good location because of the aquarium and the convention center there. And FL for the obvious, although it is harder to get to.

'Nother Chesapeake podder (podling?) here, saying Baltimore/Washington area!

Other than that, somewhere that is relatively easy to get to from the train would work.

I say Baltimore, because of the aquarium (it is called THE National aquarium, after all!), but also because there is a hotel that has a large convention area walking distance from Inner Harbor where the Aquarium is. And an airport nearby to make traveling easy...

Also I'm from baltimore so maybe I'm biased...

Haha all the Marylanders/DCers are speaking up. I don't mind traveling out to DC/Baltimore since I visit often enough, but are there any good places to swim/take pictures at near those locations? Maybe a fancy or awesome pool to swim in?

Off the top of my head, there's Beaver Dam Swim Club. A friend likes to go there and says it's rather beautiful. Adults are $14-$17 and children are $10-$11 for admission and there's a group discount. They have multiple pools and a deep water-filled quarry, but I can't find any info about swim aides or if people can just swim in the quarry instead of playing on the rope swing. It would be wise to email and ask first if the location looks'good to you all.

I'll look for some other options and ask around, too.

Wisconsin dells? It's got a ton of water parks if we ever wanna kick back without our tails and go play around.
    We could always do this mer-con type of gathering in las Vegas. It's not the same as mer-con and a lot of mers seem able to get to it, and I'm sure there's a decent place with a pool for us all.
    Or we could do it in dc. xD

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    If it was done mid-coast, then it would be a pretty even distance from everyone. That suggestion is a WEE bit selfish (pod of the chesapeake! haha).
    That Venetian pool looks SO COOL
    I think having it in NYC might be cheaper since it's a major travel destination and a lot of conventions are held there. In terms of flight/hotels/space rentals, it might be a stronger choice than other locations. DC/Baltimore is also another good location because of the aquarium and the convention center there. And FL for the obvious, although it is harder to get to.

I really think the solution to the fact that most people can't travel very far is for people to begin hosting local meet-ups in their area that can grow bigger over time and possibly turn into conventions.

I know I keep saying this, but I'm totally jealous that New York has the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, and you guys should totally have a meet up there. Also, everyone in Chesapeake, there's an anime convention in Chesapeake from June 15th to the 17th. (link: http://www.animemidatlantic.com) You guys in Cheaspeake could also try to team up with the Chesapeake Bay Diving Center (http://www.cbdcscuba.com/) since Mermaid Sharkey works there. Or you could just arrange a big trip to the beach. Both NY and Chesapeake have accessible beaches.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South

not possible i can tell you from exspenerance its not , for one you have to think of convention center space and pool space
    then possible rooms on top of that
    so in the long run there more to think about then just travel , mostly bills need to be paid as well all of that has to go into account as well
    there is more into just getting funds to put it on to make one succesful
    its simmular to anime convention but not the same i assure you that
    like for mer-palooza i got 2 pro's on my team that have down events for the NFl before and do events like this all the time and they require a salary and will not work for free or cheap trust me on this