Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is still waiting for their tail?

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar

Who is still waiting for their tail?

Hi guys, I am just interested to know who is still waiting for a tail from Jesse? Mine is now 6 months late ( paid for it in February) and I have not heard a thing from him since sending my design in a month ago. I have had the patience of a saint but it is starting to wear very thin!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Been hearing this from a lot of people I've had a few private messages. I know he's working on Christian's tail right now but that's all I've personally seen I'm not sure about anyone else

When I ordered my tail it was a few months late due to the weather and silicone curring over the winter time. Mind you I waited almost a year for my tail from ordering to final delivery.

It's not the lateness I am as pissed off about, it is the lack of communication. It's been promised next month, then next month, it is getting tiresome now.

I feel your emotion. As great as the tail is (i think), and the problems I mentioned earlier, the promise of it over and over does get very annoying. I must of lucked out when I got mine because he was usually very quick to reply to any emails.

Add Poseidon on Facebook
    Visit Poseidon's Youtube Channel
    Ok, I am going to come forward and make myself known for this thread, I am Merman Christian and I wanted to post today to let people know that Jesse is indeed alive and working on tails. I spoke to him Sunday night and had a very long talk with him not only about MY tail that he is currently finishing up, but also about his lack of handling his business and communicating with his clients. He told me that once he finishes all his orders he's done. At the time when he started he had more time to make tails, but keep in mind he is a one-man show and he got popular real quick and it became too much for him to handle, and if you have been following me for the past few years,, you'll know that I began as a tailmaker too, and it gets overwhelming and very stressful because you don't want to disappoint anyone . One thing I told him was that he needs to POST, post on his page, post on here if he wishes, post pictures of work. People need to SEE these things, because going months without hearing from someone gets under your skin and it's very unprofessional. Alot of mermaids that have ordered from him have came to me with their concerns, so this Sunday I finally opened his eyes as to the big problem that has been developing overtime with his lack of communication. NOTE: I am NOT throwing Jesse under the bus here. He is a good friend of mine, a very nice and sweet person that has had alot on his plate this past year, including TWO deaths in the family that were back-to-back, so the point on this post is to let people know where he stands at the moment from someone that has had recent communication with him. He is well aware, probably much more now thanks to a few talks I've had with him, about everyone needing their tails and needing to hear from him more often. Now, moving onto the tail he has been doing for ME:

I will admit that I have had to hold his hand through this process, when I came to him with this concept, I asked him right upfront if he could handle it, and he said YES. My tail differs from his usual style because A- My fluke is much bigger and he had to mold it over the summer, and B- all my extra fins are made from Nylon, because that is what Thom Shouse used for Daryl Hannah's extra fins in SPLASH to give them that super flowy look, that's what I wanted, and that's where the problems began. This was something new for him to do and the nylon wouldn't stick to the dragonskin silicone, so he had to attach the nylon to another fabric that WOULD bond with the silicone, thus making the process longer than expected. Now as for the fluke, I cut a fluke shape as close as I could get it to Daryl Hannah's (and even Thom Shouse himself said it was spot-on) and sent it to him. Judging from the pics he has sent me, he did an amazing job on the mold, and as for the colors, he got them exactly like my design which surprised me because he doesn't airbrush, but it also works against him a bit. The colors on my fluke are very bright and intense and I had to tell him to go back and blend the gold on the edge more because all the colors bumping up against each other reminded me of one of those rainbow Popsicles, he did and I can live with it. As for the body of the tail, the only two beefs I have is that the black stripe down the front is a bit messy and there is a I guess messy part with the silicone texture near one of the pectoral fins. Keep in mind I don't have this tail yet, I'm supposed to get it in a couple weeks, FOR REAL. He's purposely letting me tatter the dorsal and heel fins myself. Overall, am I glad I went with Mermaid Creations? Can't really say yet, I will say though that my red tail I have from him fits great and swims great, so this new tail is going to be something(50lbs!), Once I get it I will post another review of it. But I just felt that everyone should know that he IS around and hasn't forgotten about everyone, and hopefully he will be better with communication now. Hope that helps everyone! Name:  10743347_10204989205040040_1024058815_n.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  71.0 KBName:  10736091_10204989205120042_1552581047_n.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  91.3 KB

I like the Popsicle comment, thanks for posting I'm sure many people are going to be relieved.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Oh hey Christian I'm glad he's still working and thank you for updating everyone! Very kind of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    50 lbs?!? Ye gods!

From what I understand, he doesn't do metallic gold, he can only do yellow. My tail is proof.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Add Poseidon on Facebook
    Visit Poseidon's Youtube Channel
    Somehow Celeste he managed to pull it off with mine,idk, like I said I held his hand through this whole process and gave him plenty of ideas to work with and I'm pretty pleased with him getting the colors pretty close, if not EXACT, to my design which surprised the hell out of me. I did have him go back and blend the gold in more with the yellow so now it looks better and alittle more natural.

My tail is going to be metallic I hope, he is using pearl ex pigment to paint it. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Communication with Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Ok, I am going to come forward and make myself known for this thread, I am Merman Christian and I wanted to post today to let people know that Jesse is indeed alive and working on tails. I spoke to him Sunday night and had a very long talk with him not only about MY tail that he is currently finishing up, but also about his lack of handling his business and communicating with his clients. He told me that once he finishes all his orders he's done. At the time when he started he had more time to make tails, but keep in mind he is a one-man show and he got popular real quick and it became too much for him to handle, and if you have been following me for the past few years,, you'll know that I began as a tailmaker too, and it gets overwhelming and very stressful because you don't want to disappoint anyone . One thing I told him was that he needs to POST, post on his page, post on here if he wishes, post pictures of work. People need to SEE these things, because going months without hearing from someone gets under your skin and it's very unprofessional. Alot of mermaids that have ordered from him have came to me with their concerns, so this Sunday I finally opened his eyes as to the big problem that has been developing overtime with his lack of communication. NOTE: I am NOT throwing Jesse under the bus here. He is a good friend of mine, a very nice and sweet person that has had alot on his plate this past year, including TWO deaths in the family that were back-to-back, so the point on this post is to let people know where he stands at the moment from someone that has had recent communication with him. He is well aware, probably much more now thanks to a few talks I've had with him, about everyone needing their tails and needing to hear from him more often. Now, moving onto the tail he has been doing for ME:

I will admit that I have had to hold his hand through this process, when I came to him with this concept, I asked him right upfront if he could handle it, and he said YES. My tail differs from his usual style because A- My fluke is much bigger and he had to mold it over the summer, and B- all my extra fins are made from Nylon, because that is what Thom Shouse used for Daryl Hannah's extra fins in SPLASH to give them that super flowy look, that's what I wanted, and that's where the problems began. This was something new for him to do and the nylon wouldn't stick to the dragonskin silicone, so he had to attach the nylon to another fabric that WOULD bond with the silicone, thus making the process longer than expected. Now as for the fluke, I cut a fluke shape as close as I could get it to Daryl Hannah's (and even Thom Shouse himself said it was spot-on) and sent it to him. Judging from the pics he has sent me, he did an amazing job on the mold, and as for the colors, he got them exactly like my design which surprised me because he doesn't airbrush, but it also works against him a bit. The colors on my fluke are very bright and intense and I had to tell him to go back and blend the gold on the edge more because all the colors bumping up against each other reminded me of one of those rainbow Popsicles, he did and I can live with it. As for the body of the tail, the only two beefs I have is that the black stripe down the front is a bit messy and there is a I guess messy part with the silicone texture near one of the pectoral fins. Keep in mind I don't have this tail yet, I'm supposed to get it in a couple weeks, FOR REAL. He's purposely letting me tatter the dorsal and heel fins myself. Overall, am I glad I went with Mermaid Creations? Can't really say yet, I will say though that my red tail I have from him fits great and swims great, so this new tail is going to be something(50lbs!), Once I get it I will post another review of it. But I just felt that everyone should know that he IS around and hasn't forgotten about everyone, and hopefully he will be better with communication now. Hope that helps everyone! Name:  10743347_10204989205040040_1024058815_n.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  71.0 KBName:  10736091_10204989205120042_1552581047_n.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  91.3 KB
    Poseidon, thanks a lot for the long message you left.
    I'm also one of the many people who had not received any reply from Jesse months ago. I made payment 1 year before, and sent out numerous emails to Jesse but no reply is ever heard from him. I don't think he still remember who I'm and what style I had ordered.
    I wish someone to dig out my order and see if Jesse is still able to make my tail. I'm very unsatisfied about the communication with him and, of course I still want my tail to be completed, and getting a refund is the last resort.
    I look forward to hearing from you, and see what action I can take. My personal email is 'dannysandie@yahoo.com.hk'.

Thank you.

Try and message him again on Facebook. I have to email him a lot to get the answers I need but I think things are starting to get moving. He is starting my tail now which will take about 6 weeks, but just keep on at him. I hope you get your tail.

13 Months and still waiting and he said he would "Try" and get my tail done by the end of the month! How is this man still in business?

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Sorry to hear you are still fighting that fight, Samantha.

13 Months and still waiting and he said he would "Try" and get my tail done by the end of the month! How is this man still in business?
    After all this and the crap with him giving out Saphira's personal tail design sketch? I can't see it being for much longer...

I'm curious who else is also still waiting?

So I had a nice little chat with Jesse over the phone last night for the first time. I have to say the man s more infuriating over the phone than he i via email. I said my tail would take "about" another 2 to 3 weeks which in Jesse's terms could mean anything. He tried to play the woe is me I'm working so hard to pay my rent and make everyone happy card to which i reminded him you can't make people happy by continuously lying to them.

He offered a refund but I don't want it, I want the tail that was promised. Besides if I did get a refund there is no way in hell I am sticking with his $50 every fortnight installment bullshit. The way see it he made us pay in full so he should bloody well give us the same treatment.

So I am back at square one. Still chasing a phantom tail from an idiot who is either too stupid to pull his finger out his ass or just doesn't give damn. FML!

This is one of the things that really, really bugs me about tailmakers like Jesse— until the product is finished and in the customer's hands, THAT MONEY DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU.

I get that people get into this business so they can pay rent and such, but there's the problem— you can't take full payment upfront and then spend it all on your own personal expenses when you have no product to give in return. You haven't fulfilled your end of the contract, therefore the money isn't yours to spend.

Part of the payment goes towards the materials to make the product. The rest of it gets put aside in case something comes up, the order gets cancelled and the client needs a refund, so you can give them back the money and be done with it instead of stringing them along for over a year.

This is basic, common-sense business shit, and I will never understand how somebody can get in this line of work for so long where they're dealing in thousands of dollars and still not fucking get it. It's infuriating!

I am so, so sorry for everyone who's had to put up with this. I'm actually horrified at this point.