Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mertailor. This is some scary stuff...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's great! I am so glad you were able to fix the issues!

Heehee ^^ I will! But the photoshoot had to be delayed, because I can't afford the bus to my friend and I don't have the money for the actual shoot yet. I guess I have to save up for the custom and VAT before I can do that. Anyway, I look forward to see the tail and feel the silicone against my skin! I even purchased Siren Lashes & SFX Sequin Beauty Package from Traci Hines' Etsy shop to wear at the photoshoot

I can't wait to see So happy for you!
    Mermaid Jewel

One of my favorite memories of mermaiding was when I was being the Water Witch for my LARP, the water of the lake was really foggy so you couldn't see my waist let alone my tail. There were a bunch of people on the bank who had already seen my tail so they knew I was a mermaid. However a new comer arrived and joined the conversation for a good ten minutes before I flipped my fin up, it was priceless the look on his face and "Holy f*ck your mermaid!" It really is awesome to be like 'I'm the most epic NPC you'll ever see' :P You'll have to share your stories once you get it ^_^

Oh! That's fantastic! Haha, the look on people's faces when they see a mermaid tail that realistic! I talked with the team leader og Galtvortskolen, they arrange Harry Potter LARPs, and I think they were very positive when I asked if they needed a mermaid for the next LARP. I know they don't have actual mermaids in Harry Potter-world, they have grindylows, but they have made other exceptions at their LARPs before, so I think it will be okay. Eeeeeeee, I can't wait to try it on!
    The tail is currently in Paris, according to FedEx.

Goblet of Fire had merpeople. Man that tail has seen the world! :P
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Yes, but they were called Grindylows, and they were more fish-like than I like... x]

Whoa! The package weighs 16 kg! More than 30 pounds! Now I really hope it arrives at my door so I don't have to go to the post office to fetch it! Taking it on the bus won't be easy... And oh my, I also have to take it with me when I'll visit my friend who lives two hours away from me! For the photoshoot! WHOA! :O

But it has to work. I have waited so long, and the tail looks absolutely stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
    Yes, but they were called Grindylows, and they were more fish-like than I like... x]
    They weren't called Grindylows! ಠ_ಠ Grindylows are the small water demons - some of them were pets to the merpeople. JK Rowling called the mer-people "merpeople" in the book.
    But I get what you mean with the fish-like part.

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Grindylow
    http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Merpeople

Don't worry, the tail will be amazing

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Can't wait to see pictures <3
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Oh! I thought the merpeople were called Grindylows! Haha
    The package is currently at Gardermoen, Norway! "International shipment release"! Maybe it will arrive tomorrow!
    Do you know how FedEx works when shipping to other countries? When it comes to custom and VAT. Do I receive a bill in the mail later, as I did when I purchased a wig and the shop used USPS, or do I have to pay when it arrives at my door/when I'm fetching it at the post office?

Did he already charge you for it when you paid for the tail?

I didn't pay custom or VAT when I paid for the tail, no. But I went to FedEx Norway and chose "estimate duties and taxes". It wasn't as expensive as I thought. I chose "sculpture of any material" or whatever it said. I hope it was right. Then I can afford Christmas presents as well. x]

In about one hour I'll be out fetching my package from Mertailor at the post office! My stepmother was able to pick it up with me after work. I'll edit this post as soon as I get back with the tail! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so happy and anxious at the same time! Haha! I'm thinking about how my parents will take it when I tell them that I spent over 2000 USD on a tail. I'll tell them that I bought a sculpture. Art. Which is true. So maybe it will be accepted. Plus, I'll be saving up the money I spent on it for the next months after New Year.
    Last edited by Nerissa; 11-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Let us know all about it when you can. I hope it all is worth it in the long run

How'd it go?

I get more and more certain that yesterday was my lucky day! I took the bus to the post office and met my stepmother there. I received the large and heavy package which I struggled with a bit getting to the car and taking it home with me. I almost tore down some pictures on the wall when I carried it upstairs to my room. Haha
    Anyway. I opened the package, and inside were the shell top, the latex top and the mermaid tail.
    The tail.... it was so magnificent I couldn't stop looking at it and couldn't stop laughing and giggling excitedly! It is mine! Finally! Mine!
    I had to wait until today for trying it on because dad would probably ask me what I was doing. I didn't get any questions about it, so I will keep it a secret as long as I can. Anyway. I tried it on today. I lubricated my legs and feet with a lot of body lotion, and I mean A LOT! To make sure I was really slippery. I slipped my feet right into the tail and tried pulling it up. But that was difficult. I'm so afraid of tearing or scratching off the paint. But I guess it will be easier when I get help from my friend who will photograph me.
    Unless you've got any ideas how I can put the tail on the right way?

Did you try to put it inside out down to the knees to get into it with legs up to your knees in the right place, and roll it back up the full length?
    I tried to draw what I want to explain, just to avoid a misunderstanding.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ah, I see! I tried to roll it, but putting it inside out seems a bit easier. I'll try that. Thanks!