Owning a tail is a tough business. The cleaning, the drying, the storage, and then the struggles of actually wearing and swimming in it.
Sometimes, when my tail is outside soaking, I can't help but think "ugh, I just can't be bothered today!"

But then I walk outside and see my tail glistening in the sun:

And, it's all worth it, you know? Suddenly I don't care about the blisters and the leg cramps, the pains I have to take to make sure it's mould-free and safely stored, and the fact that it's a bitch to move around and actually get to a body of water. It's my tail, and it's brought me a lot of joy. I want to hear about everyone else's experiences with their tails - those things that make us say, damn, being a mermaid rocks ;D

And of course, not every mer has a tail. Some are working towards one, some don't feel they need one. But regardless, being involved in the community is pretty special, and I know that I've had a lot of happiness just by being a mermaid, and by hearing other people's fantastic tales, and seeing their fantastic tails! I wanna hear about what makes mermaiding special to you