Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: First Tail Project - Neoprene Tail!

Quote Originally Posted by hellocourtney View Post
    Oops! I never posted the (almost) final product!
    I did take it in but it's too big again so I think I'm going to put a really wide piece of elastic in the waistband because when I took it for its first and only swim, it kept falling down. Also, you can see from the pictures that it's a bit baggy around the ankles. Ah well

I don't have any full shots of it I don't think, my dad wasn't the greatest photographer. Hopefully this summer (even though I've been saying that for like 4 years now lol)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Oooo looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I just reread through this whole thread and laughed at how many times I said I was nearly done with this project

But this time, ACTUALLY, I'm finished!

A couple of the velcro dots came off, which I wasn't too surprised by as all I had done was anchor them in the silicone. Ever hopeful I attempted to stick them back on with E6000 but unsurprisingly that didn't work out, so I had to splash out on some silpoxy (26nzd for a tiiiiny tube D: NZ, why you so expensive?!). Fortunately it seems to have done the job so fluke = done!

The other big thing was the waistband. Last year I tried to just fold it over and stitch it but as soon as I tried to swim in it, it all kind of fell apart and fell down.
    So, in attempt to keep the level of mer buttcrack at a minimum I stitched a 10 centimetre wide elastic into the waist band at the seams. When I tried it on, it seemed to stay up better but the elastic kept twisting, which was pretty uncomfortable.
    To prevent this, I stitched the edges of the fabric on the very inside of the waist band to the elastic, and used silpoxy to secure it to the outer fabric of the waist band, kind of making an elastic sandwich. Or would it be more like a burrito, seeing as it's wrapped around?
    Regardless, it seems to have worked out. Hopefully the photos help explain what I mean.

So yeah, done! Only 3 years after I started. I'm glad though, looking at earlier incarnations I'm much happier with the final version than I think I would be with any of the others. And the body is detachable! So if I want to try some new stuff I can.
    My flatmates and I are going swimming at a pool next Wednesday, which will be my proper first swim. I'll try and get some photos of it in the water for you guys. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me through this whole thing, I really appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

where did you get that monofin?????????????? O///O

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Cyan View Post
    where did you get that monofin?????????????? O///O
    It's a hydra monofin cut to shape. I'm not sure where it's from sorry because it was a gift and I've had for years. But I think there's a few places that sell them

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fenicia View Post
    Thanks Mermaid Fenicia

Quote Originally Posted by hellocourtney View Post
    It's a hydra monofin cut to shape. I'm not sure where it's from sorry because it was a gift and I've had for years. But I think there's a few places that sell them

thank you ^^ <3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Cyan View Post
    thank you ^^ <3
    Cyan, we've talked about doing these...

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!