Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Modest Mermaid Tops??

Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    I can vouch for the huge rack thing. E-cup here, and a halter neck style is better at supporting the twins than a standard bra strap style. Just that I need really wide straps with my halter neck, otherwise it will cut into my neck and shoulders.

Ah, how I wish I had breasts small enough that I could just slap starfish pasties on and be done with it.
    Still reading through this thread, but I feel ya on that one. Being plus sized with a ginormous bust anyway is not convenient for mermaiding. Still trying to figure this one out. I have netting, a strapless bra, shells, etc... but no matter what I do, it still looks obscene. A breast reduction is first on my lottery list. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theMerFanc View Post
    I've asked around in my knitting groups and my chainmaille groups. If seen people who make bikini tops from scale maille and they have no issues with salt or chlorine water. As for the yarn, I was told as long as it is 100% cotton, it won't absorb the water or cause any weight issue, so it would b no heavier then it is out of the water. I've yet to test this out myself as the one I made is not with the correct yarn. But I also make scaled arm warmers and I plan to make a water safe pair soon for testing

I also ant to experiment with things like hemp rope and fishing nets and whatnot to knit with and see how that works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Still reading through. LOL. Why not make the scale maille top completely out of aluminum? I do chainmaille, and have been considering doing a full tail, probably with silicone fins and fluke. I'll have to think about making a top as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid_Delphine86 View Post
    I have been considering making a whole new swimsuit top. I have this velvet shirt that I have to take apart to fix anyway so I can draw out a pattern of it for the new swim suit top.

I can think of many ways to pretty it up but what are your thoughts?
    I think this is absolutely gorgeous. I would probably just sew some shells and beads on it and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Amelia Pond View Post
    I added some flowy fabric to drape n hide my tummy n arms.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    That's beautiful, and what a great idea!

And Jaffa! Another great idea! *facepalms for not having thought of that myself* Thanks guys!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrid_Delphine86 View Post
    I have been considering making a whole new swimsuit top. I have this velvet shirt that I have to take apart to fix anyway so I can draw out a pattern of it for the new swim suit top.

I can think of many ways to pretty it up but what are your thoughts?
    It's very pretty, I LOVE velvet, but have you dipped it in water to see what it looks like wet? I made myself a beautiful silky top, but wet, it looked like sticky rags. Velvet does funny things when it's wet, too.