Thread: Netting & accessories?

Netting & accessories?

Where does everyone get their netting, shells, etc. for their tops?
    I've been itching to make multiple tops for myself soon, and was curious where everyone got their stuff from

I found my netting at Michael's- they had a whole ocean themed section with shells, sand and various kinds of netting.

Check the amazing and informative comprehensive Accessory Making FAQ at the top of the accessories subforum. It's one of the most frequently asked questions, so it's there.

Thanks to both of you!
    Last edited by anichanchu; 11-04-2014 at 09:17 PM.

I just buy netting online, and I was planning on buying sea shells on the Hobby Lobby website before I decided to get another kind of top instead. Hobby Lobby has some great shells in general :-)

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I personally try to buy from places that can confirm where they get their shells from - a lot of what you see at hobby stores and Walmart tends to be unethically harvested/endangered species/just not good business practices.

Here's where I got the (massive!) shells I'm working with now on Michelle's top (I got a pair for myself as well): http://www.sealifegifts.net/ They have an environmental note right at the top of their site to let you know where they get their supplies from. I highly recommend them, I was extremely surprised and pleased at the quality of what I got for the price I paid!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)