Thread: Finland's two mermaids in the local tv-show!

Finland's two mermaids in the local tv-show!

I only now noticed that there's a mention in the description of this program that you can also view this in outside Finland, so if it doesn'e bother you that we only speak Finnish go to check this out! http://areena.yle.fi/tv/2291778 we are there with Riia, the only performing mermaid's in Finland, for now Oh and yu might wanna skip the first 20 minutes of the show, it's only an interview of a finnish writer, we come to picture at 20:40

If this is in the wrong section, I'm sorry, this was the most closest one of my topic
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Ooh, that's so neat! I wish I understood Finnish, that piece was really beautiful-looking and I'd love to know what was being said!

You both look so beautiful, amazing makeup and headdresses and everything!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

I liked the mermaid segment much better than the rest of the programme. You go, girls!

(I just looked at those other interviewees and was like "Who are these people?" *Scratches head*)
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    This was awesome girlies! You both look stunning!
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    That was really cool!

It was a short but very beautiful part with Nerissa and Riia. Too bad I don't understand Finnish, too.
    But it's a very nice language and you can hear the similarity to Hungarian more than you can see it in written words.

Mainly we were talking of our roots, when Riia is from Pacific and I'm from Arctic Ocean, and then we explained what was our main goals when being mermaids, and we agreed that we are very concerned of our waters and animals and it's our task to help to protect them, but at the same time we'd like to show for children that anything is possible, and get them believe in the power of imagination, so that every child can grow up trusting and believing in themselves, and ends up being a balanced, confident adult.

Great!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Aww, that's really beautiful

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Oops, it says the video is no longer available for viewing. Did it get posted on YouTube or somewhere else Merenneito Nerissa?

Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    I'm from Arctic Ocean
    When you say Arctic Ocean, do you mean like Arctic Circle, frozen North, Ice, Polar Bears? Like that Russian freediver who cut a hole through the ice so she could dive with the belugas?

Wow, you are one tough mermaid!

From the frozen north, but actually now I'm living at arctic circle, which is way lower than any polar bears We do have a long winter here though

Well, best wishes in the frozen north!

Do you have a copy of the video, since the TV broadcaster took it down? That will make a great momento for years to come.

Yeah we have a copy We both also have our own youtube channels, Merenneito Riia and Merenneito Nerissa

I love love LOOOOVE Riia, she is one of my favorite mermaids EVER! I follow her youtube always. She is kind of one of my inspirations actually