Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    Southampton

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Where do you go swimming usually? In my area (Fareham/Portsmouth) there is not a single pool who would allow it!
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Neri Elvina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Neri Elvina's Youtube Channel
    I used to swim at Bitterne Leisure center, until they decided not to let me anymore

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk
    YouTube: Mermaid Neri Elvina
    Instagram:
    Mermaid Neri Elvina

"Cause I'm no ordinary girl, I'm from the deep blue underworld
    Land or Sea, I've got the power if I just believe"

Where about in Scotland are you from? I live in the north of the Highlands and looking for any nearby mers!!

Essex mermaid here, although currently in Canterbury. I haven't found one pool that will let me swim in my tail! Where does everyone else (in the south) swim? I haven't been in my tail since holiday last summer! Would love to meet other mers, I'm the only one I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Lauren View Post
    Essex mermaid here, although currently in Canterbury. I haven't found one pool that will let me swim in my tail! Where does everyone else (in the south) swim? I haven't been in my tail since holiday last summer! Would love to meet other mers, I'm the only one I know
    I have problems too, currently pool-less. They say you have to rent a pool :-/ what if we meet up for a swim and split it between us?
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

I am In London
    Claudia of the Sea.

Clacton-on-Sea splashmob happening this weekend!!

I'm posting this here for anyone who isn't part of the U.K. Facebook group.

We're planning a meet up this Saturday, the 18th of June. Meeting at Clacton Pier at 2:30pm. Any mers that can make it will be more than welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member Euro Pod Little Selkie Rill's Avatar
    Add Little Selkie Rill on Facebook
    Visit Little Selkie Rill's Youtube Channel
    Hi, I'm a super newbie mermaid... as in, literally got my monofin in the post today and joined some fb groups/this forum after lurking and tentatively dipping my flukes into the idea of the water of mermaiding for about a year.

I'm based on the East Coast of Scotland, so would love to join a wee Scottish Mini-Mer-Pod and meet up with fellow Scottish Merfolk soon! And then join in with wider UK meets from next year... I tend to slowly ease myself into things like this to begin with, but I'm trying to do more scary things despite major anxiety and live according to the rules that if it makes me happy, I want to at least try it out. Mermaids make me happy, so I'm giving Mermaiding a go!

Hard-mode: I'm hypersensitive to chlorine, so have to learn this malarkey in safe sea pools, a nearby disused (for more than rowing boats and canoes/cayaks anyway) harbour, the sea and freshwater wild pools. So, you know, totally up for an adventure to somewhere like Skye's fairy pools with potential future podmates maybe? #squirtlesquadgoals

So, who else is based in Scotland and is an active Mer (I've seen a couple of posts on the latest pages of this I want to follow up on, but know that if I go too far back it will be out of date and people might not still be Mermaiding!) and would like to meet up sometime?

Hi! I'm not from the UK but I am honeymooning there for two weeks in March 2018. Are visiting mers allowed?

"Where the Moon kisses the waves, that's where you'll find me"
    Acqua Luna

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Orcinus's Avatar
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Selkie Rill View Post

I'm based on the East Coast of Scotland, so would love to join a wee Scottish Mini-Mer-Pod and meet up with fellow Scottish Merfolk soon! And then join in with wider UK meets from next year... I tend to slowly ease myself into things like this to begin with, but I'm trying to do more scary things despite major anxiety and live according to the rules that if it makes me happy, I want to at least try it out. Mermaids make me happy, so I'm giving Mermaiding a go!
    Hello from the other side of the Bridge! I am an Edinburgh Mer, still very active. would happly meet up. There are a few pools in hotels which have non colrinated water, so that might be an idea for you. Around here, there is only one safe sea pool, which is at North Berick, but its pretty cold, will be warmer this time of year, but still pretty freezing.

There is a lake near here where people go swimming, but of the top of my head I can not remember where it is...

But happy to help out and meet up etc.
    Formerly known as Victoria Lawford

Junior Member Euro Pod Little Selkie Rill's Avatar
    Add Little Selkie Rill on Facebook
    Visit Little Selkie Rill's Youtube Channel
    Awesome, will PM you!

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    Another Edinburgh based Mer here! I have my silicone tail that I have yet to find a place to swim in, so i would love a meet up!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

Hey I'm super new waiting on a tail for xmas, and I'm in Devon. I love it here, but water is not very warm a lot of the time.
    Im lucky tho as my inlaws have a heated indoor swimming pool, (not massive but beggers can't be choosers) and cousins nearby with
    outdoor swimming pool, for summer, my local pool (seasonal) is open to use of tail/monofin when it quiet too.
    Last edited by Spoilerssweetiex; 12-18-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: newb

Hi cambridge, I'm based in co Durham I the north east and am looking for any mermaid comunities and pods near me. How are you tackling the tail band in our pools, if your doing so? Start my mermaid swimming lessons 27th April so am super excited for that

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Hey everyone! I'm based in West Wales, but have family in the West Midlands. My partner comes from Suffolk/Cambridge/Norfolk area.
    So time depending, I can go to any of those areas!

Follow Sherl On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CamillaJayne View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm based in West Wales, but have family in the West Midlands. My partner comes from Suffolk/Cambridge/Norfolk area.
    So time depending, I can go to any of those areas!
    Hi Camilla – I'm based in Norwich, Norfolk! I haven't tried asking any pools here if they'll allow monofins, mostly because it's just me and I think mermaiding alone isn't as fun. Just sent you a friend request!
    Always in need of Vitamin Sea!

Junior Member Euro Pod merman30's Avatar
    Hey I'm in the South East/London area. Would be happy to find someone to practice with! Swimming pool would be better as the sea here is not so nice.

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sea Jewel's Avatar
    I will be possibly moving back to England in the next year or so. I'll be going back home to the Newcastle Upon-Tyne area. Would love to find some local groups when I get back.
    ~ Former username Sea Pearl ~

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Hi all

I'm located in London/Surrey area - been swimming with tail in both the Thames and in lakes so far!

Also have family in west/north Wales as well.

Interested to meet anyone else who's around - does anyone know if the UK mer facebook group is still active? Have tried joining it, but still waiting for approval.

Many thanks .