Quote Originally Posted by Sea Pearl View Post
For all you mermaids back in the UK, I was wondering where you all have had success being allowed or found somewhere to swim in your tails? I know swimming pools seem to be a lot more strict about allowing Monofins/flippers/tails back there more than here in the US. And I was just curious where others have found place to swim.

I have yet to find somewhere, other than the freezing North Sea, to practice swimming in my tail there. When I have called the pools they either freak out about the very idea or think you are having a laugh. I understand they have health and safety regulations to keep. But it really does limit it down.
I'm going to be emailing and calling round the various places near me over the next week or two. I'm going to try and make it worth their while by saying any bookings made through them will get 25% off, so those parties will increase their business =) I'm starting off by saying I'm training with a monofin for fitness reasons first and foremost but with the side aim of being a mermaid model/performer and explain the whole thing.

I can only try right? =) I'll let you know how it goes.