Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mers from the British Isles!

At the moment I'm swimming every tuesday at 1:00 but I really want to go more Silver sands in Morar is the most beautiful beach I've ever found in Scotland the fairy pools in Skye are a definite must for pictures I'll be going there quite soon actually when I collect my silicone tail from Florida. I'm kind of stalking you on facebook now lol I love your tail it's really pretty

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Oohhh Morar looks stunning ! :O Ah for sure Fairy Pools are like top of the list for magical mermaidery :P Would love to have a mer-meet up/ shoot there ! Oh awesome who are you getting your tail from ? Merbellas? aw haha thanks lovely glad your following the updates on my page ! ( mind you after that competition I did Ive not had much chance to be a mermaid ! ) I have 2 wedding gigs next month so hopefully will get some nice shots/footage from them ! Going to miss these jobs when I come home, but got to keep on swimming :P
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

I'm getting my tail from Mernation, I'm so excited! I think Morar would be great for a meet up, the water is so clear

Oh thats great ! Mernation tails are beautiful ! Whats your design like ? Or is it a secret ? :P Yeah it looks stunning there ! Ill start compiling some pics and info on places we could visit ! Anyway lovely its been great chatting to you, Id better hit the hay now though! Will try and post the Scottish Mermaid Spots thread tomorrow ! Night Night xxxx <3
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Nightnight

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

melanie you asked about uk fb groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2709...75063/?fref=ts =) if you need an invite, feel free to add my personal fb www.facebook.com/stargirlphotography and i'll send you one ^-^
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

You guys makes me sooo jealous of living in Scotland with that incredible nature.
    I have to get there somehow, haha

Oh Thanks Lilium ! Much appreciated ! Have asked to join the group and also sent you a FR ! Oh Yulia thats so lovely to hear, makes me glad I'm actually going home but I'm sure Sweden has some pretty amazing places to visit too ! If we have a UK or Scotland mer-meet up you should try and come though ! ha Maybe one day there will be a MerFest in the UK or Europe ! :P

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    I would love a merfest in the UK, it would be awesome
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

well there's the folkstone mermaid festival happening in august from what we can tell and there was one planned for london in may but it looks like that one has fallen through.

I've been aiming to plan a meet in Blackpool in september which might be easier for scottish mers to get to =) there's trains from glasgow and edinburgh that run straight to Preston and then there's a 20 min connection from Preston to blackpool.

Hopefully in the next month or two i'll be able to start getting some solid details together for people but we were thinking of a day on the pleasure beach theme park, a photo op on the beach and then renting a heated pool for the evening that we could all swim in. And then maybe a trip to the sea life center and the tower in the morning before people have to travel home? as I figured most people will need to stay in blackpool overnight. I'm going to see if I can get a good price on hotel rooms for people too, Though depending on if my family has managed to get a new house or not (currently renting), then a bunch of people could come crash at my house and save on the hotel costs =)

- Photography Fanpage -

Though I will add for the sake of southern mers that I met up with Vixy the other day and we were talking about once i've gotten at least one event in blackpool under my belt, that I might organise something in cornwall with her help. When I have the chance and the money I'll be going down there to visit and check out possible locations for it =)

- Photography Fanpage -

Senior Member Euro Pod SiaTheMermaid's Avatar
    Add SiaTheMermaid on Facebook
    Depending on what my funds are like, it's something I would definitely be interested in doing
    I wanna be where the mermaids are, I wanna see, wanna see them twirling
    Swimming around with those, What do you call 'em?
    Oh, fins.

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Orcinus's Avatar
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    If the Blackpool meet up is still on, I am interested!

Hi mers, I have created an event on FB (London), feel free to join and invite friends. For a swim, we have several opportunities, however I will probably not book a pool. Ideas about going to natural lakes/ponds are great, if you have a favourite, let me know! Keep an eye on the event. SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE! I need numbers asap to be able to fully organise it https://www.facebook.com/events/626217754221677/
    Last edited by Elvenhaired; 07-14-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Changed the event to private, so if you would like to join, drop me a line, and I'll send a friend request on FB

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    I'm not originally from the British Isles, but I live here for the foreseeable future. I'm just a bit outside Cambridge.

Is there a Euro Pod group on Meetup.Org? I'm part of a knitting group on there and it's been a great way to organize meetups and trips.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidFenicia View Post
    Thanks!

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Is the Facebook group very active/chatty?

It is sporadically =)

For those interested I also finally created an event page for the blackpool meet: https://www.facebook.com/events/1626552804295821/ it won't let me make the event public for some reason so if you need an invite and can't rsvp, msg me and I'll send you a friend request and event invite =)

- Photography Fanpage -