Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Mers from the British Isles!

I'm up in Scotland :O Fife to be exact (I just moved from Glasgow though, I really miss it x.x). It is certainly cold for swimming here!! yet to make a tail as my fursuit/quadsuit work takes priority :3 but one day I shall!
    Nice to see others on the same island!

Welcome Kurauno! It's always nice to see more mers from the British Isles. I love Scotland, I used to spend a lot of time there with my family when I was young.

Hey Im from the UK too I just got my taill from magictail.de

Senior Member Euro Pod
    What is it like to Swim in - I was searching for something good this side of the giant pond...

I haven't actually tried it yet i've just got it and don't really want to take it to a pool and its far too cold to go in the sea atm

Hi

I'm new here - based in London, UK. I'm pretty new to the whole Mermaid scene so any advice would be so welcome!

Thank you!
    Mia
    xx

Member Pod of the Great Lakes Stede Bonnet's Avatar
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
    Mia Merode - I saw your fan page on Facebook and wanted to take a moment to compliment you on your art form. When I am not interacting with mermaids, the cabaret stage holds my rapt attention and deepest respect. It is my opinion that mermaids and cabaret performers are very similar, given that both communities call upon artistic and athletic gifts, allowing participants to express those talents with individual style.

To the question at hand....

I do not know if this individual is a member of MerNetwork, but Sandra Mermaid is in the UK https://www.facebook.com/sandramariemermaid

I also follow the brand new page, Morveren mermaid of Cornwall: https://www.facebook.com/MorverenMermaidOfCornwall She is actually a jewelry maker, not a mermaid performer, but I mention her as someone of a kindred spirit.

Last, but certainly not least, the UK is the home of Karen Kay and her international publication,
    Mermaids & Mythology - Themermaidmagazine.com: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidMagazine

To the best of my knowledge, none of these individuals has a MerNetwork profile, but I thought you would find the information useful nevertheless.

Rule Britannia!
    “Idolatry is committed, not merely by setting up false gods, but also by setting up false devils; by making men afraid of war or alcohol, or economic law, when they should be afraid of spiritual corruption and cowardice.”

~G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
    ~Illustrated London News: November 11, 1909

Thank you for your help Stede Bonnet - greatly appreciated!
    xx
    Nouveau Showgirl: International Heart-Breaker and Trouble-Maker
    www.miamerode.co.uk
    xx

Welcome Mia Merode! Nice to meet you! It's nice to see someone else from the UK join us.
    Feel free to pm me sometime if you have any question or just want to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Pearl View Post
    Welcome Mia Merode! Nice to meet you! It's nice to see someone else from the UK join us.
    Feel free to pm me sometime if you have any question or just want to chat.
    Thank you
    Everyone here is so supportive and welcoming - it's wonderful!
    xx
    Nouveau Showgirl: International Heart-Breaker and Trouble-Maker
    www.miamerode.co.uk
    xx

Hey Guys I Was thinking wouldn't it be awesome to go mermaiding in centre parcs, you could take amazing pictures in the swiming dome and it would be so much fun going down the rapids in a tail!

Going to Centre Parcs would be awesome and not too far since I'm already up in the North lol I wonder if they would let you swim with a tail there? But yeah getting some picture with that swimming dome in the background would be neat. Shame I wasn't back in England to meet up with some of you. Though I am hoping to be back in England for a spell in April next year.

So where does everyone in the Uk go mermaid swimming? x

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Hello i am from leicester uk :-) just thought i'd say hi :-). Yes that is pretty sucky that we get a small pod but all the tail makers are that side too. Not come across any in the uk. Who knows, maybe in a few years i could be :-)
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

I'm from england. Great to see there's other mers round here
    Hiya to you all

Member Euro Pod
    I live in the south end of Britian, not only is the weather terrible here but theres nowhere to swim! Nowhere allows fins and after spending £50 pounds on a new mask I was told I coudl not use it because of the silcone nose cover on it. They said it blocks cpr and the pool could be sewed. The manager even admitted that not all the rules they enforce are on their website! He just said "Looks mate who reallylooks at the website anyway?" ARGH! So annoying, currently I am forced to just practise tricks without a tail

Oh, there's a Brit thread here!
    I'm from Scotland, up around Ayrshire. Few places to really go mermaiding (or "mermanning", rather), which is a shame, but it's nice to know there's a few others around here in a similar predicament.
    Those from England were worried they were alone in their passions, but there seems to be very few Scots even by comparison! Makes me feel a little isolated. xD

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mers from the British Isles!

I'm from the Wirral in England!!
    Travelling Merman

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Crikey :-( thats rubbish! When i get my tail made we shall have to just go to a pool together and tell them to sling their hooks! Hello to all :-) glad to see more brits, its very american here and feel like a fish out of water!
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Mermaid Aqua that really sucks! But as soon as anyone finds a pool that will take us we will have to all go swimming there or we will have to wait for the three days of sunshine that we might get in the summer