Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    :-)
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mers from the British Isles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Merode View Post
    Hi

I'm new here - based in London, UK. I'm pretty new to the whole Mermaid scene so any advice would be so welcome!

Thank you!
    Mia
    xx
    Hey Mia where do you perform in London? We probably have loads of friends in common!!

Mark x
    Travelling Merman

Quote Originally Posted by kurauno View Post
    I'm up in Scotland :O Fife to be exact (I just moved from Glasgow though, I really miss it x.x). It is certainly cold for swimming here!! yet to make a tail as my fursuit/quadsuit work takes priority :3 but one day I shall!
    Nice to see others on the same island!
    Oh! Fellow Scot sighted! :O

if Scottish independence happens will you leave us and have a Scottish pod?

I don't want scottland to leave

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mers from the British Isles!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post

Me too!........ But we need a Brit pod and to get out of the euro pod! Lol
    Travelling Merman

Quote Originally Posted by Lois View Post

I don't want Scotland to leave, either, Lois. But I wouldn't leave my fellow British mers behind even if it did.

aww we can all stay British in mermaid land <3

I'm also from the UK! Definitely think it's easier for mermaids who live close to warm waters and sunny beaches! I've generally found the local pool are ok with me using a monofin if it's late and there's hardly anyone else in the pool, but it would be so much easier if I could head to the ocean (without running the very real risk of freezing to death...)
    One of the three Merlesque mermaids from the UK
    Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Youtube

New member living in Blackpool =) (originally from Lincolnshire)

Looking at making my own tail (ordering my monofin in 2 weeks time) and more than up for supporting others who are trying to do the same near here just as much as having a more experienced mentor would be great. I'm also curious - do any of you know of any euro/UK based tail makers (particularly silicone tails)?

Hello everyone! I'm a costume maker from London and looking to make a fully swimmable silicone tail as part of my costume BA - would anyone be interested in modelling it for a water shoot? You could have some input in the design eg surface design or your preferred fins etc . If you're willing to put a bit of money towards materials I'd be happy to let you keep it after I've got a set of photos. I've got great resources, like a full casting and molding workshop with experts in silicone and latex molding, as part of my course to help me, so I'm sure it will turn out beautifully! I'm really excited, so if anyone is interested please get in touch, or any other mers who live in London who could give any advice about suppliers, or things they like/dislike in a tail, I would be really grateful.

Hi Alice! I'd be really interested in modelling a silicone tail for a water shoot - and I work with two other mers who would probably be equally up for it haha! We're based in Cambridge, so we're very close to London by train. One of the other mers I work with is also a costume designer actually (mainly for circus entertainment type work), so I'm sure she'd be really interested in having a chat with you! You can check out our website - http://www.realmermaids.co.uk to find out a bit about us, and if you're interested you can message me on here, or email me at madebymermaids@gmail.com? We're actually still in the process of arranging our first professional underwater photoshoot, so we don't have any pro underwater pics on our website - but we took a point and shoot to our swim training session this weekend, so there are a few underwater pics of us on our facebook, (http://www.facebook.com/RealMermaidsUK) and more to come once I've had a chance to go through them!

I didn't think to say - we don't currently have silicone tails but are definitely looking to get them in future; so in terms of working with you on the design and possibly helping out with some costs as well, that could well be possible!

Eeeps! I was actually asking whether there were any UK tailmakers because I was thinking about going into tailmaking, especially silicone tails, but ah well ^_^'

Amazing! Ondine I will email you with some more details

Kat - If it goes well, I might make a tutorial or something, I need to submit a full progress of how I did it with pictures for my course anyway, so I could probably upload it here if that would be useful? It would be great to stay in touch if you will be making yours at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kornicki View Post
    Amazing! Ondine I will email you with some more details

Kat - If it goes well, I might make a tutorial or something, I need to submit a full progress of how I did it with pictures for my course anyway, so I could probably upload it here if that would be useful? It would be great to stay in touch if you will be making yours at the same time!
    I probably won't be starting production until autumn/winter at the earliest so I'd imagine you'll be done longggg before me lol It'd be great if you post your progress images on the forum so we can all follow your work and process =) Kanti's doing something similar to form a tutorial for people so be sure to check out her stuff for ideas!

I wish you the best of luck with it and if there's anything I can ever do to help (even though I'm up north) then let me know =)

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Marina's Avatar
    Hi everyone, just to let you know I will be at Karen Kay's 3 wishes fairy festival on 22nd June with a group of my real mermaid friends at the mermaids and pirates party. They are having a mermaid grotto there.
    Ondine - love your merlesque work!
    Check our the festival, it's an amazing event xxxxx
    Make Bubbles not War....

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Hey girlies I'm a scottish mer but living in thailand - home soon though and will be doing some awesome projects anyone in the glasgow and surrounding areas interested let me know ! big things to come
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

Mermaid Melanie: I'll be back to England for a visit at the end of August beginning of September. I live just north of Newcastle Upon Tyne so I don't know if that would be too far away? But it would be neat to meet up with some other UK mers