Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New fabric (?) tails

I will be interested in seeing this, it could be a good starter tail.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Wow looks great! Happy for him! That will be great unless the fabric doesn't hold up well or something. Only time will tell but I certainly like the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Jaffa, I totally agree with you on that one-piece thing... I am small but busty, and it's really annoying to watch guys staring at me every time I go to a pool, before I'm even in a tail >.< Then I'm so worried the top will come off (it has before!) that I get so distracted from swimming

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I like the look of these.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    He has a seamstress on staff.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Now if only he could get around to shipping out my $600 tail that he said would ship late last week. -______-

I hope they get better at handling large volumes of orders if they're going to start shipping out these cheaper tails...

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I have a friend who has a couple of his fabric tails and really likes them. They look nice in the water and seem to have held up fairly well. I was thinking of getting a couple of these to let friends try on/ just fuck around with when I don't feel like getting into my silicone.

I'm actually tempted to get one myself. I saw a pic he posted pre photoshoot and I really like how the fabric is printed. I may wait to see if other colors will be offered.

Gotta love Photoshop..............

The bulky ankles magically disappeared.

Name:  1525747_994794123871503_6715863604916797390_n.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  59.1 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    I must have missed something there - what is "Eco" about these tails ?
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

[QUOTE=Yulia;157531]I was right, It's the Mermaid and Aquarius fins from Finis.

"These are FAR from professional photos of our NEW line of economy mermaid and merman tails, but we are so excited that we could just not old back posting about them! We wanted to show you the product right from our manufacturing space! Our custom exclusive designed spandex economy mermaid tails will be a stock item and available in sizes 3T all the way to what we are calling an Adult Large. Every tail needs a monofin and will be sold with a monofin. Our Children sizes will sport the Mermaid Monofin by Finis and our Adult sizes will accommodate the Aquarius Fin by Finis. These will be our most affordable realistic, economical tails yet starting at ONLY $98.50 USD. We plan to sell these tails as a wholesale item as well. There are hundreds currently in production and we will begin taking PREORDERS in the next couple of weeks just in time for the holiday rush! Fingers crossed everyone!"

QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melanie View Post
    I must have missed something there - what is "Eco" about these tails ?
    I'm fairly sure "Eco" stands for economy. I think.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Melanie's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Melanie on Facebook
    Ah okay - I thought it meant eco friendly, shame that would have been cool - if they used the recycled plastic fabrics that nike use!
    Yougot your own style, now let it come through. And remember no matter what, you got to be you. -Sebastian

I'm not sure if it's photoshopped or just the angle the girls have their feet that make the ankle bulge seem smaller.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    We shouldn't be too harsh--most of us photoshop something (side seam, ankles, belly roll, gapping, knees) for our "professional" photos. ALL fabric tails have a big bulge at the ankles. The amount of bulge just depends on how bulky your monofin is and how big your ankles are as compared to your legs. My fabric tail has a big bulge at the ankles because it's made of Spandex and the Spandex does what it was meant to--stretch tightly over whatever you stick in it.

I am not a big fan of Eric's and probably wouldn't purchase from him, but I do think these tails look very nice and realistic compared to some other fabric tails on the internet, so I am happy for people with smaller budgets to have this new option.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    "Eco" -- "economical", but it sounds like "ecological" so it's a dumb name.

Everyone and their mother on facebook think "Eco" stands for "Ecological".

Sneaky guy that Mertailor. He'll never learn.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Is there an option to just buy the tail skin? I didn't see that on either his website or fb page.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Is there a video showing the tails in action in a pool?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    ...Arion, if you really hate Mertailor as much as you let on, why do you even see his FB posts in your feed? Just stop following his page/block his posts if you don't like seeing him! There's no need to be carrying around the "Mertailor hate mob" flag all the time - especially when he's not doing anything wrong! ANY business needs to advertise themselves. I am friends with some awesome people in small bands (they manage themselves), and they are constantly advertising their next project - it's totally normal and not something to be looked down upon, especially with FB's new regulations about how many people actually see your posts. Case in point - there are less than 100 "likes" on a post he made about the fabric tails yesterday... If everyone who "liked" his page was actually getting the posts, that post should have several hundred "likes" by now!

As for the potential photoshop... oh well. As long as he's not blatantly changing the colour/shade of the tail in photoshop, who cares if he edited the heel bumps out of a spandex tail? We all expect there to be heel bumps. Other fabric tail makers edit heel bumps out. The heels are clearly visible in the not-worn photo. THERE ARE ALWAYS HEEL BUMPS. This is one thing it should be okay to edit out, even if you are a tailmaker. Because it that's a problem, then no pro-mer should be allowed to edit any of their photos to get rid of heel bump/knees/complexion/belly roll, OR to edit it so it looks like they're underwater if they're not (TO CLARIFY: I PERSONALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THESE BEING DONE)

...I really would like to see the name of the tail change from "eco" to "economy", though - it is a bit misleading, though he was probably trying to go more for a "hip, cool name", because economy doesn't sound amazing.

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    ...Arion, if you really hate Mertailor as much as you let on, why do you even see his FB posts in your feed? Just stop following his page/block his posts if you don't like seeing him! There's no need to be carrying around the "Mertailor hate mob" flag all the time - especially when he's not doing anything wrong!
    Fair enough, my post - where I expressed my annoyance of the constant publicity of these "eco" tails - is now deleted but FYI, I DO NOT hate Eric because I don't know him at all. However, I agree that I dislike very much his ways to manage his business. To say that I'm carrying the "mertailor hate mob" is kind of exagerated. Did I called him names right here? Lately? I'm watching him from afar because I want to see that one day when he finally decide to change and improve his business. I'm curious to see even if I know there are slim chances that it ever happen. But I would still bet on that 1%. That's all.

Just my two cents. Have a nice evening everyone.