Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING TO NEW MEMBERS ABOUT STEVI AKA FISHBUTTS

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

WARNING TO NEW MEMBERS ABOUT STEVI AKA FISHBUTTS

I checked in with Iona before making this post.

I'm sure for those of you around long enough thought the fishbutts horse was long gone, but I discovered something today I thought important to warn new members of.

Stevi owned and operated a mermaid tail company called Fishbutts that ended up scamming a lot of people out of 1000s of dollars and selling shoddy tails. For the official summary of everything that went down you can check out this entire board, along with this warning thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...EAD!-%E2%9A%A0

Recently I used the built in function on instagram that allows you to add anyone who has ever emailed you, and stevi came up as an instagram user. I went through her instagram and linked social media accounts and looked at all the public postings, and did a bit of digging after I saw some postings that had me worried. It looks like She is making and selling fabric tails along with mermaid leggings, and mermaid themed underwear and bathing suits and taking party bookings. Normally I'd just roll my eyes but I saw a bunch of newer mernetwork members asking her questions and trying to place orders. I could not find her specific etsy or website if she is operating one, but I thought it important you know who she is and what she did before you decide to send her money.

I am all for redemption stories, there have been similar situations in the mer world and I'm cool with giving people second chances. But those people usually do something to earn it eg: merberry's tails fell apart and some tails weren't delivered but they have been making a solid effort for a year to refund and pay back people. While I am still weary of their new company Finspo to me it's a good step in regaining community trust to actually pay back money. To my knowledge (correct me if I am wrong) based on the posts in this board, and in the above mentioned thread, Stevi has done everything she can to bury the fishbutt's legacy and hasnt paid back a cent and many tails fell apart and many didnt even get tails they paid for. Stevi fell on hard times, her company crashed and burned, and she turned her back on the mer community leaving many broken hearted (and just plain broke) mers.

So I am warning you please research people before you buy from them. A really good way to do things is put their email address into google and see what pops up. Sometimes you find caches of old websites etc. And don't order anything through a site like instagram especially if you dont know the person. At least when you do paypal you can dispute things. BUYER BEWARE. If you decide to give her a chance, that's your prerogative and I wont name some of the people I saw I'll PM you instead. But it seemed like you are all just ignorant to who she is or maybe didnt make the connection to who she is. After talking with Iona I decided to post a general warning for anyone else who may not know too.

I know this is super serious but I couldn't help myself.

Also, what is the link she's taking orders through?

from what I can see it's just her instagram and she PMs people. I am being a detective though lol the second I find a shopface or fb page or anything I'll put it up! So people know.

That alone should be warning enough.

She has (or had ) an etsy, I saw it some time back when someone else pointed out that she was selling mermaid themed bottoms.

erm, did she not think that this would happen? This community is relatively small and she burned a fair few mers. Someone was bound to find out
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I believe this is the shop you guys are talking about- https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByJaneJones
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

erm, those don't look very well made at all. I've been sewing/costuming for 15 years and my sewing teacher in HS would have KILLED me if I had turned out something like that, and she recommended that everyone do underwear or a swimsuit when we did the stretch fabric project.
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Yes that's what I saw on her Instagram plus fabric tails and tights.

What's the link for her IG?

Weren't there people thinking of taking legal action against her? This could make that easier.

She's going by "Jane Jones"? That...sounds suspiciously like an (obvious) alias.

Is there any way to prove that this is Stevi? I never got a refund or a tail from her

Its her she posts selfies on the Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Raayvhen View Post
    What's the link for her IG?
    I bookmarked one of her photos because I know for a fact that if you do that, even if someone changes their username, the photo URL always stays the same. That way if they change their name you can still find them if you have an individual photo bookmakred. Well, the URL comes up with a not found page. So it looks like she skipped changing her IG name and just flat out deleted the whole thing. Her username was "just_stevi" and no search can find it any longer.

So, looks like she read we found her here, or someone tipped her off :/ Still so upset for all of those she stole from!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I don't even know what could be done at this point. I've talked to some lawyers and they say that it would cost more money to go after her than what the tail was worth. But that's 500.00... Does anyone have any ideas at all? Just seems like she's going to get away with this no matter what.

Class action might be the only way to go

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Just looked. She has an instagram for her new etsy shop. Under the name Designs_By_Jane. She might also have a personal one under something to do with jane too.
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    After a few months when she first began her Mermaid business and of me working with her as one of her mermaids to seeing her down fall and still doing this absolutely angers me. Still scamming good people out of good money. I thought people were taking legal action against her as well and I know it takes time but you think with it happening she would be laying low until everything was fixed. I hope something can be done or a good warning to be sent out like a broadcast.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    I went hunting for her on Etsy, and I can't find her shop. However, on the subject of people not being truthful, there's someone in AUSTRALIA, using pictures from the2tails as their own...and the2tails is NOT based in Australia. Ugh.
    Swamp fish noises intensify