Thread: Freediving bifins?

Freediving bifins?

Hiya everyone,
    I now have money for once and I'm looking at getting my first fins for freediving.
    I'm in the UK, can anyone give me a good place to start to look at getting some cheap starter bifins for myself?

I'd really love a monofin, but I think I'll stick with bifins to begin with, although if anyone has any recommendations for cheap monofins I can use to start out in as well that would be great.

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    I guess the best thing would be to look for a dive shop in your area. There are so many fins on the market that it is hard giving suggestions. Most important is that the fin suits you, and that depends on so many factors, starting at the footpockets and including blade length and hardness. Maybe look for Beuchat or Cressi bifins, they have some general-purpose and affordable ones. But I suggest you try them before buying, the store usually will give you some advice on them, too.

Hope that helps
    Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Mike's Diving is in the UK. They always have some kind of sale going on all year round.
    http://www.mikes-diving.co.uk/
    Formerly known as ireneho

Thanks, I will take a look through these. I'm probably going to start out with soft blades, I don't really care for performance at the moment anyway and I just want something to fin around in properly. A monofin is what I'm really going for eventually.
    Do you know what kind of price would be reasonable for a set of starting-out fins?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    No. I just went for the cheapest but still looking decent one, my budget could afford.
    Formerly known as ireneho