Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY mermaid creations tail...

Its ok iona.

I appriciate that you arent trying to speak for me. My tail situation is being handled.

To clarfiy.. it cant be repainted because of the method jesse uses.. he does not airbrush and another layer of paint will make my scale texture disappear.

Ps.... its nerine lol.. yall always spell it funny lol.
    Last edited by NerineArcticMermaid; 12-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Not to mention more weight! I am not trying to pick on you or your tail nerine. We know Jesse is nothing like my experience with another tail maker. It just comes down to not enough people realize what they're getting into (issues like not being able to be repainted for various reasons) BEFORE they buy. Our tail isn't junk. I've had an UNUSABLE tail. And clearly we can still use this and make it work. All the issues I've listed didnt stop us from using it and getting the most out of it. I just think it's important people know what those issues are when they're waiting for a product or considering buying one.

It's not "throwing anyone under the bus." The tail was given to Raina to review, which is exactly what she did.
    Mermaid Nessie
    Canadian Mermaids Inc.
    nessiemermaid@gmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nessiemermaid?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    Just a side thought: Isn't trying to promote a product that you know doesn't work, just a little bit unethical?
    I just wanted to say that I also was a bit thrown off when you added your own review here, Raina, with many more photos and descriptors of your tail that would have been good to know in your original review as soon as you started having them. I had read your original review of your MC tail, and though your photos and video of the wear and tear of it show the age, there really is not much in your post that outlined any of the issues discussed in the thread, though you DO seem to have them. So even though you didn't necessarily 'promote' the product, you put it in a very positive light and made it seem as though there were fewer issues with the tail, that's all. I know a lot of mers really respect you and trust your opinions, and you're very good at being detailed and informative in a neutral tone. This post isn't an attack, I just kind of wanted to stand up for Annwyn because I think you reacted a bit harshly to her, and I also was a bit surprised to see your review and hear that you photo shop your tails.
    I'll be a Finfolk Mersister in January!

The original review was shortly after we got it. Some of the issues weren't as apparent back then. I went and added more photos a year ago or so but the attachments seem to have deleted. I basically forgot I even made a review because it was pre review system. So threads get buried.

I don't Photoshop my merbellas. I have also spoken about all the issues here and having to Photoshop the mc tail multiple times over the forum since I've owned the tail.

And PS who said the tail doesn't work?? Paint peeling off and not functioning are two different things.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    Not trying to get into a fight here but I remember Raina talking about her MC tail issues over time. She might not have updated her review, but she hasn't hidden the issues her tail has been having. I think it's just come up more conversationally than officially. It's definitely come up in her workshops.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Just a quick question for a project I'm working on; does Jesse make scale tops and how much would one cost me? Also does he offer a custom fluke and at what cost?
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 12-21-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    No he doesn't make tops, and he is closing shop I think so I don't think you could order anything from him now.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    All good I was just asking for a project I'm working on anyway.

Updated my review with pics, will post video later. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...s-Review/page2

I'm glad Christian was able to get a refund, I am sad he wont have a usable tail for merfest. It really sucks but he'll have one of his old ones for the hotel pool and everyone is going to let him borrow tails too! Christian is so great to people, I know Karma will come around for him

I tried posting a review a few months ago, but right as I was finishing and adding the pictures, my computer flat-out died. Then my cat peed on it.

I was sincerely disappointed when I found out that Christian was going to have an elaborate tail with Jessie. I've seen Nerine's tail, and it's WONDERFUL, however, my experience with my own tail is another story.

I'm having many of the same issues Raina is having, and my tail is a little over a year old.
    1. When I sent him my design, I gave him exact instructions on what I wanted, including showing blending from purple to blue, a flesh-colored blended waist, and pointing out that I wanted gold on the tip of my fluke. He never told me he didn't airbrush or do metallics, and he managed to lose my design a good four or five times. It got to the point that every time I kept sending him my design, I got tired of having to reiterate exactly what I wanted.

2. I gave him money on time, and expected timely responses. He said that he would pour my tail about a week or two after I put in my down payment. Then a month passed, and he said he would pour my tail. Then another month passed, and he said he would pour my tail. It took him six months just to pour my tail. When I started getting agitated with his lack of replies to my messages, and NO photo evidence that my tail was being worked on, I had to keep reminding him that I had already paid him and was expecting some sort of reply... at all.

3. The tail ship date kept getting pushed back, and still no photos that he was even working on it. My experience thus far had been completely different from Nerine's.

4. I had finally gotten my tail, the same day that I had a gig. When I had picked it up, it was unfinished (there was still extra silicone around the waist and fluke, making it look incredibly sloppy), so I had to take it back to my friend's place and manually cut my fluke around the extra silicone. I was also insanely disappointed in the paint job- mainly because the end of my tail was bright yellow instead of gold, there was no purple on it at all, and that there was no blended waist.

5. Putting on the tail was a 3-person job, and it took a good 45 minutes to get done. I know I might have been skinny when I was measured, but geez. In addition to the low-cut design that barely covered my butt, my stomach spilled out of that thing, making me look super-pudgey. I had to find out ways to hide my stomach in the pictures at that gig and at future gigs.

6. Weight was not much of an issue in the beginning, but when I used water to lubricate and try it on, the water just pooled up inside the fin, and nothing drained out. Lifting it became difficult quickly. Eventually, the weight of the water inside was too much for the silicone, and it busted a hole through the bottom of the fluke, splitting a good inch hole at the bottom.

7. I had been taking good care of my tail, but when someone very similar to my size tried on my tail, it tore a hole in the silicone. That's when I discovered just how thin the silicone layers were. I knew that if I sent my tail back to Jesse to fix, I wouldn't be getting it back within the same year. So I took it to Mernation, and they were able to patch it up and painted it to match the color, but the paint quickly scraped off due to the permawet. When I asked for them to repaint my tail to my actual design, they would have charged upwards of $350, and later said that they can't paint it because of the permawet.

And now the permawet layer is coming off and taking paint with it.

8. The yellow fin shows through the blue in my tail, and it kinda stands out. So does the thin-ness of the silicone around my waist/butt area, so my swimsuit always shows, even when I'm wearing white.

Overall, I wouldn't suggest people to go with MC, but I am at least happy to have a tail. I'm sorry so many people had the same problems as myself. I was insanely disappointed with my purchase when I got it, and wanted a refund from paypal, but the money had been with him so long, that getting a refund was impossible.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    I am not going to lie, I am getting very worried about my tail. He's "supposedly" poured mine but as Chris said "If there are no pictures he hasn't done it". I think I am going to watch him lime a hawk throughout this whole process. I am going to be devastated if he screws it up. I REALLY hope he doesn't.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".