Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check-in!

Check-in!

How's our pod been doing?
    Anything new and exciting going on?

I have been saving up for meh tail and have already started an installment plan ^^
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

My dad is getting me my first tail for Christmas! I'm trying out the Mertailor's new eco tail. It seems like it could be a decent starter tail and it's super cheap.

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

Nice! Pools closed at the apartment I normally swim at, so I'm looking at tails while I wait for spring to roll back around.

Are you in northern Texas? I don't know if ours is closed yet.

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

I'm in the Houston/Spring area

Those Eco's look pretty nice, really similar to the magictail, that's a perfect starter.

I'm very excited about it. I wish there were mers down here closer to the Corpus Christi area.

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

I upgraded to a latex tail in September and just bought a second one off ebay that should be here in time for MerFest. I'm excited to be attending the NC MerFest and the NW Mountain Mer-Fest as well. My new troupe, The MerFriends, are in the middle of a Christmas marketing campaign- Mermaids make Great Christmas gifts. Our online store and traveling boutique, The Merket, didn't get opened in time for Cyber Monday, but we'll be open in the next week or so. Opening a store with quality mer-chandise is HARD, but worth the wait. And I wish I had time to be in my tail in the water more, but I'm working for Santa in the mall as well as in the box office for the theater, so life is CRAZY busy. (Can I quit my day jobs and just be a mermaid yet?) I'm excited for all 2015 has to offer. It's going to be a mertastic year!
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com

I went to the Texas Renaissance Faire as a mermaid in a walking tail of sorts. Currently trying to get my actual tail scaled in time to take it to the florida keys in march. Not sure if it'll happen. Its taking forever. Also, I'm making a fabric tail for my 'baby' cousin (she's 14, but still my baby cousin).
    Mermaid Enora

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Enora View Post
    I went to the Texas Renaissance Faire as a mermaid in a walking tail of sorts. Currently trying to get my actual tail scaled in time to take it to the florida keys in march. Not sure if it'll happen. Its taking forever. Also, I'm making a fabric tail for my 'baby' cousin (she's 14, but still my baby cousin).
    IT was great seeing you there!!
    I'm trying to find indoor/heated pools in the Houston area. I miss swimming in my tail

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Might be getting a shell top from Merbellas. More activity at Sherwood Forrest Faire. Madison I may actually be moving to Portland come May!! Other than that, my fluke is a tad damaged with a bit of the yellow mono fin poking through, and biding my time until it's warm enough to swim.
    ~Kaila Mermaid~

YAY!! Let me know!!

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

In a couple years I'll be moving to lake jackson just 45 minutes south of Houston and 1 hour away from Galveston! Right now I'm near Goliad literally in the middle of nowhere nobody is close to me at all that I know of
    Last edited by SeaVixen; 12-28-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Live your dreams and don't let anyone snatch it away from you!
    Check out my Facebook Page, Instagram, and YouTube!
    https://www.facebook.com/msvfanpage
    http://instagram.com/mermaid_seavixen/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MsSeaMaiden1

That's still a bit far from me, but closer than Houston!

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Kaila Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Kaila Mermaid On Twitter Add Kaila Mermaid on Facebook
    Follow Kaila Mermaid on Tumblr
    Hello everyone! Would we like to plan another meetup? Possibly at a coastal location this time? Maybe for like southern locations
    ~Kaila Mermaid~

I am in the Austin area, but lived in Leon Springs area for those of you familiar with it...Kaila...I am assuming you might know it well =) I am currently in the process of making my silicone tail. Made a mold for ankle fins tonight, waiting for it to cure...need to buy silicone in a few weeks when I can finally buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaila Mermaid View Post
    Hello everyone! Would we like to plan another meetup? Possibly at a coastal location this time? Maybe for like southern locations
    I nominate Corpus!

-The curious new mermaid
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonTheMer93 View Post
    I nominate Corpus!

-The curious new mermaid
    I'd go if I finish my tail in time =)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Getting my first tail paid off around early to mid-2015! It should be here for summer and I can't wait!!!