Thread: Picturesque Swimming locations?

Picturesque Swimming locations?

Hey guys!

I've been having a hard time figuring out places to swim that I can take pictures (I mean..we don't have a bunch of pretty springs like FL). I figure a lot of others are too (especially us near Dallas where we're not near the gulf). Does anyone have any suggestions of places to go?

I know Burger's Lake might be a nice place.
    Mermaid Jewel

If you don't mind the cold, the Comal River has some beautiful areas. I went with some friends & as soon as we got there I WISHED I'd brought my tail! I was standing in the water up to my chin and it was so clear I could see each grain of sand around my toes! Gorgeous smooth stone bottom with just enough plants to make it pretty. It was like swimming in an aquarium. A very cold aquarium... We were close to Boerne, near San Antonio.

Oh yes, the Comal. Is that the one that feeds into the New Braunfels Schlitterbahn? that's a really pretty river!
    Mermaid Jewel

Yes, but we were farther upstream than Schlitterbahn: no tubers - no trash.

are there any near Houston or further south?

The trouble with Galveston Bay & most of the lakes in the Houston area is that the water is so murky! Most places you can barely see your hand in front of your face.

Look up Balmorhea Springs..its near El Paso I believe, someone made a mermaid video swimming there, it looks beautiful. I'd love to visit one day but its about 10 hr drive from Austin I think

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar

Re: Picturesque Swimming locations?

We have some nice clean rivers in Bandera and Pipecreek. A lot of them are off the trail and I would be afraid to bring a tail unless you wrap it in 2 trash bags or somthing like that. Another issue is a lot of the rivers are drained from the lack of rain. Only about ankle deep in some parts. The main river in Bandera is public and easy to get to since its a park.
    There are nice rocks to get up on and snap some shots.
    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2