Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a lonely mer in Wisconsin?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mer-gal's Avatar

Am I a lonely mer in Wisconsin?

Are there any other mermaids or mermen in Wisconsin? I am in the southern Wisconsin area and I was just wondering if there was anyone else in my area who share my love for mermaids.

Me!!!!! I'm in Madison

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

Formerly known as Mermaid Eva

I live in Hudson, WI, on the border with Minnesota in west central WI. There are several of us in the Twin Cities area.

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

YAY! I am not alone. Do you know where Lake Geneva is? I live around that area.

Oh ok, we're all kind of spread out but we will have to get together sometime!

“Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.”

Well there are plenty of lakes and pools for us to have a get together. It will be a BYOT (bring your own tail)!

I wish it was warmer so we could go to a lake!

Me too! *sigh* oh, the cold weather blues.

Last year my husband/mertender and I hosted a mer meetup, with a picnic at our home in Hudson, WI followed by a swim in the beautiful St. Croix River. We'd be happy to do it again in 2015!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

That sounds like fun!

Definitely! We will have to do that this summer

I am in NE Iowa, about 45 minutes from La Crosse.

I'm in Madison! I'd love to meetup with you guys!

Chicago area here

I'm in Juneau, WI, near Beaver Dam. We have LOTS of lakes & rivers in this area for swimming.
    I'm new, will be making my tail in the coming weeks, and would love to meet some experienced mers this summer. I am disabled so can't drive, which limits me to weekends unless I have a ride, but that also means I am home bound with way too much time on my hands. Anyone who wants to get together this summer in this area, please let me know. I'm about 1 hr from Madison & Milwaukee, about 2 - 2.5 hrs from Lake Geneva area.

I'm in Oshkosh, and am frequently in Milwaukee.

I am in the Chicagoland area, but I have definitely taken a trip to Lake Geneva and had a great time swimming at the beach in town! The lifeguards barely batted an eye, parents wanted to stop and talk to me, and kids just loved it! I passed out some little seashells and had a small "school" of children following me in the shallows.

I like the idea of passing out seashells... may have to get some from the dollar store for that purpose when I am out swimming this summer. I am a little worried about those who will stand around and laugh, trying to make me look like a fool in front of the little ones who want so badly to believe in real mermaids. People can be very cruel. Still not sure how to handle situations like that....

Hey everyone! Just so you all know, we are planning a Pod of the Great Lakes meetup in The Wisconsin Dells this summer.

Here is the FB Event Link (Please add yourself and invite any of your Mer-friends!!!): https://www.facebook.com/events/403599906486253/
    Here is the Mernetwork thread we are discussing it on: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...5-Meet-Up-2015

I am going I hope anyone around this are that can work with laytex need to have my tail fixed needs monofin