Thread: How do you want MerNetwork to handle reviews?

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

How do you want MerNetwork to handle reviews?

Right now MerNetwork lets people post reviews in an unstructured informal way. What people do is, they just make a thread and talk about what they think of something. We have separate sections for reviews of each tailmaker.

A little bit ago, someone developed a free mod for vBulletin that lets you have nice, structured reviews. You can even include stars in your review, indicating what you thought of something on a scale of 0 to 5.

We're considering implementing the second method, cause it seems really nice and professional, and I think having something that makes giving reviews easier encourages more people to review things. On the other hand, its possible that some people might like the current method better. What do you think?

Also, to clarify any confusion, I did try to install this mod several weeks ago, and in the process it had a minor error that renamed all the threads on the board. At the time the mod was in beta, and wasn't considered fully done. Since then the bug has been fixed, and we can assure you that that error will not happen again.

I say allow both options. That way reviews can accomodate things that might not come up in a structured review but can also still provide a guide for people who dont know how to write one. This way it'll suit everyone's writing style.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    I'm with Spindrift all the way.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Agreed
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Agreed with these ladies! I honestly do like the look of the review idea, I just still feel every tail maker should have their own section. I also dont remember the specifics on the grading but it would be cool if we could give stars for time it took to make, cost, look, fit etc.

If we switch over I'd just like to see the current reviews carried over just the way they are. Also, I was going to make a suggestion to further help avoid drama and abuse of the review system is it possible to put a min post requirement before people start posting in the review section? So maybe the account has to have at least 5 other posts before they can post a review? To sorta deter people who would write fake positiver/negative reviews, then disappear? Just a thought

I like your idea Aniar, but perhaps your number should be higher, like 20 or so, a little harder to just post random messages, or maybe have been on the board for X days before you can post on a review?

Would there be a way to incorperate both? Perhaps have a section of the review template be free form to allow for all the odds and ends ? I think it's a great idea and would love to see that incorperated. I also agree 100% with Aniar about making it so that not just anyone can make an account post a false review and then leave, though I feel it shouldn't be so hard to dissuade real reviewers who simply do not wish to particpate in the community. Perhaps 10 posts, a member for 7 days and logged online 5 times?

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.