Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Theobromine's sea serpent silicone tail!

That WOULD be adorable! Gosh, I should dig up this picture I have (I don't think I posted it already) of when I put one of the stingrays in the bath and my cat was entranced by it. It was sooo adorable!

Today: more sculpting, more armor-crafting (and priming then painting the pieces I already have). Also thinking of a name for my Etsy shop. Lorelei suggested Shipwrecked-something, like Shipwreck Studios (and then I thought of Shipwrecked by Cyanea). I like this but I'm not 100% sure yet. I was kind of thinking of making it sound a little more scientific, because that appeals to me a lot (I'm a zoologist and a huge science nerd, I love scientific names, hence my mermaid name :P ) I had a passing thought to have different shops for my sea creatures (make it the scientific one) and for my apparel stuff (and call that one shipwrecked) but I think having two different shops would be too much trouble.

If I'm feeling about my fluke sculpt, I might post a teaser picture of it!

Hey Pearlie, I got a question for you. Do you want the kelp strands for something specific, like attaching to a top or something? Or just for general crafts or a prop? I ask because I was a doof when I sculpted it and made some of the blades a wee bit short so not all of them will go all the way over a bra cup, which necessitated a little creative rearranging on my part. For the next top I make I'll just fix that problem by making a couple extra kelp blades to stick on the bra cup underneath the main one to cover any gaps, so if you want it for something like that I could make you a couple spare blades as well, for any extra coverage. Also, would you want me to just cast a single solid color and send that to you, or paint it myself? I know you're good with silicone and could paint it however you want, but it wouldn't take too much extra time or effort for me to add some shading. Will let you know as soon as my pigments arrive!

GaaaaaHhhhH! I love what you're doing, the kelp top is genius! I am slowly catching up to what has been happening while I've been away...but great work!!

Flibbers and Gibbers, it's a Claudefish!

My wing shop!!

Btw I love that gif in your signature, that turn you do looks so graceful and natural!

Yaaaaaaaaaayyy, my Pearl Ex shipped!! Should be here on Monday!

I love that idea for having the two stingrays be separate. It'd be so cute to have them facing each other with the tails going around the back and like, a gem or something in between their mouths in the middle! I can't wait for your etsy shop.

Now I want a stingray top from you. With their little tails twined around each other looking all adorable... You're going to have all of my money eventually Cyanea. <3
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Hee hee Stingray top could definitely be a thing! I need to get some boob mannequins to sculpt on...

I found my bust mannequin on Ebay. They sell all different sizes of boobs, too. (Awkward sentence that I never thought I'd type...)

Mernetwork Moderator

Bahahahaha, still better than that one time we were trying to figure out how to swim past the camera together and I was like "so, uhh...do you want to be on the top or the, uh, bottom?"
    :P

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    They sell all different sizes of boobs, too. (Awkward sentence that I never thought I'd type...)
    Lol!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

ooh A string ray top sounds awesome!! And the kelp top is fantastic!!! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

Ok sooo, I've been working hard all week on stuff but everything is just taking longer than I want it to :P Also, I suddenly got into a very rare cleaning mood so I figured I should take advantage of it while I could and clean up my apartment and try to get more organized. It looks like a prop shop exploded in here.

Anyway, I think I will set up the Etsy shop next week instead of this week. It will give me time to make a few more things with the new pigments and get some better pictured of everything to post. I don't want to rush everything and make it look sloppy. I really appreciate all the encouragement everyone is giving me, though! So in the meantime, please enjoy this picture of my cat Mist trying to catch a stingray:

Name:  Mist with ray.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  56.6 KB

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    That looks like a real ray! A blue spotted ray, actually. And this is the cutest picture I have ever seen.

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    ...snip...
    Hey Pearlie, I got a question for you. Do you want the kelp strands for something specific, like attaching to a top or something? Or just for general crafts or a prop? I ask because I was a doof when I sculpted it and made some of the blades a wee bit short so not all of them will go all the way over a bra cup, which necessitated a little creative rearranging on my part. For the next top I make I'll just fix that problem by making a couple extra kelp blades to stick on the bra cup underneath the main one to cover any gaps, so if you want it for something like that I could make you a couple spare blades as well, for any extra coverage. Also, would you want me to just cast a single solid color and send that to you, or paint it myself? I know you're good with silicone and could paint it however you want, but it wouldn't take too much extra time or effort for me to add some shading. Will let you know as soon as my pigments arrive!
    How did I miss this?

I was just looking for the 'fresh from the mold' kelp strands that I could fashion into...whatever! I love that greenish gold of your original, so just let me know!

Ok, greenish gold kelp is easy enough to do! I'll start making some when my box of pigments arrives (totally out of green). I've been calculating the volume of each mold so I know how much silicone I'm using, so I should be able to figure out how to price everything soon.

I'm so proud of you Cyanea! And Mist is freaking adorable.

Mernetwork Moderator

Hehe thanks And Mist is a cheeky bugger. We bought him a little toy shark that swims and he chases it around the bath.

I am sooooooo bad at organization but I am trying really hard right now. I'm sick of never being able to find anything. I think it's important to get this done now, though, because I should be able to be a lot more productive when everything is more organized.

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Hehe thanks And Mist is a cheeky bugger. We bought him a little toy shark that swims and he chases it around the bath.

I am sooooooo bad at organization but I am trying really hard right now. I'm sick of never being able to find anything. I think it's important to get this done now, though, because I should be able to be a lot more productive when everything is more organized.
    Organization can be learned! If I could do it, anyone can. It helps me to sit down and actually write out how I'm going to organize. If I have shelves, what items will be together on a shelf? All paints together, all tools? How much space do I need? Then I put the stuff away and decide after if I need any special organization boxes or anything, and what kind before I go get it. For time and jobs, I use a mixture of google spreadsheets, google calendar, and a planner that is constantly evolving.

Good luck! Can't wait to see more of your work!

Thank you, I will keep all of that in mind! I have a set of shelves I need to build (just cheap Target ones but it's a start), hopefully that will help me get started. I really need more vertical storage space.