Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raina's NC Merfest 2015 photo dump thread

I love love love your hair and gown combo! You look like a cross between a Greek goddess and something out of sailor moon! <3 so lovely~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I was aphrodite lady, sea shell bikini... garden panty... VENUS! lol sorry. I love Gaga.

seriously though that's pretty much the best compliment ever!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Awesome thread, Raina! So much fun! I'm so glad we got to meet finally!

I have a bunch of photos, too...should I upload them here or start my own thread?

I HAD THE BESTEST F'ING TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I kinda treaded water for a moment in total shock. Then I screamed for the lifeguards who didn’t even look at me. Then I screamed for my friends to go get help. I tried as hard as I could one handed to pull myself up out of the side of the very deep pool but could only just hang there. I was profusely bleeding all over the pool deck and Christian went and grabbed a towel and wrapped my hand. I am a first aid instructor, I recognized I was going into shock, that I needed to get out of the cold water, and that I needed a first aid kit.

Well damn those lifeguards they sent Merman Dan C over with I think a bandaid or something? Someone finally got Sean who pulled me out of the water and ran back to lifeguards. They still didn’t come over, and didn’t give Sean the kit. Dan C had to mop up all my blood and Sean wrapped my hand and let me tell you I am missing a really deep chunk of my finger. Not wide enough for stitches but deep enough it looks like something bit me. And it really really hurt. The amount it hurt seemed disproportioned to what it looked like. Dan and Christian knew I was in a bad way but I’m not sure anyone else quite realized how messed up I was. The adrenaline from the tail, then the shock of the blood , and the shock of not getting appropriate help kinda put my brain in a weird mode.
    I saw a few images of the lifeguards in the background, and they did not look ready to jump in and do a rescue. If they were working at my pool I would have been chewing them out. If anything they should have been scared poopless not knowing how if your tails would make it easier or harder to rescue you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    Thank you, Raina, for the awesome write-up! Definitely helping me experience it vicariously, LOL!

I would totally volunteer if I knew I was able to go! For definite! I absolutely love volunteering and helping things run more smoothly for everyone - I do it at every festival/con I go to, whenever possible!

Maybe get waterproof name badges? I know some places make waterproof business cards, so it couldn't be too much of a hassle if we knew for sure who was attending in advance enough to purchase all the badges with names already printed on them!
    I would want to swim too but I would love to also volunteer and help out, even serve as extra lifeguard.

Raina: Who is the one with the light up tail? I would love to pick her brain on how they set up the electronics.

I have a bunch of photos, too...should I upload them here or start my own thread?
    you can put em here if you want

Raina: Who is the one with the light up tail? I would love to pick her brain on how they set up the electronics
    mermaid glimmer

Thanks for posting all of those fabulous photos Raina! I almost feel like I was there! I've commented on your new tail in a few spots, but from one huge Pokemon fan to another, your new tail is freaking fantastic! It totally looks like a badass mega evolution!! I dig! ^_^

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I see me in a few of those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's my unboxing video (I've posted it in a few places but I wanted to keep with continuity)

Also you can see more photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1770372&type=1

Wes- you were so much freaking fun girl. Feel free to tag yourself.

Court- thanks so much!

Eee!! Unboxing the pure awesome! I love it!! Looks like so much fun! ^_^

Awww, thanks for the karaoke compliments, Raina! Though I am pretty sure you were all prepared to go first when someone or other distracted you or called you away or wanted to take a picture and I just happened to submit my first song while you were doing that... you were circling the karaoke table like a hungry shark

Dancing was a lot of fun, and by the by, I LOVE hugs, so bring them on (seriously, when I was born, the nurse handed me to my parents and said "This one's a hugger")!

The Wubble was MermanDan H's (octopus top hat, green tail), and it was a lot of fun to play with. He'd been looking for just the right time to toss it to the merfolk

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I HAD THE BESTEST F'ING TIME!
    Seconded!!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Wow that looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing! Maybe someday I can get to one of these.
    And that tail!!!

Holy balls that LED tail is AMAZING! Great photos Raina, looks like everyone had a GREAT time!!! So cute
    I'll be a Finfolk Mersister in January!

Haha lol

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Leira's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Leira on Facebook
    Wow! I hadn't seen this, awesome thread Raina, so many beautiful pics mer and tails, oh my!

Wow, Raina, thank you for sharing all this!! While I'm bummed that you nicked your finger so badly and it took so long for you to get home, you seem to have made the most of it, and I'm more excited than ever to start saving up to come next year! I would totally volunteer to help out for a bit in exchange for a discounted ticket price or something. And I could help out with IT stuff as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as mermaidciela

SO going next year!! All my mermaid role models were there!!!!! Raina, Kariel, Hannah!!! Always wanted to meet them!!!!!!
    Mer-fest looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!