Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Coastal Mermaid Meet-up

We will be meeting close to the ship. Parking on N Shorline Blvd, Between Bridgeport and Coatal Ave.
    "If you can't find magic in the world, then you have to create your own." -Mermaid Meara
    Link is to a video of my tail. http://youtu.be/WEb8_bovb9g
    "I will not film you drown in that thing!" - little bro when I asked him to film me in my tail

Coastal Mermaid Meet-up

what time-ish? (phone numbers deleted)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Appellativo; 06-07-2015 at 10:02 AM.
    Would love to meet local freedivers and mer-folk!

Folks, these threads are searchable by the general public, please take down your phone numbers for the sake of safety.
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

So, how did it go?!?
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

Well just me and Meara showed up, but we had fun! We swam at Mustang Island State Park beach, it was a nice beach with some wave action. Visibility was pretty low, about three feet. Saw some goatfish and another stripey fish, a little blowfish and whatever tiny minnow things near the beach. She freaked out a couple people with her awesome dorsal fin and a few kids got to see and ask questions. We went out for pizza afterwards and went our own separate ways.

I think having a big pool meetup would be more fun, we could hang longer without risking sunburn, visibility would be better for pics and such. She's trying to organize something big for next year; I'm looking forward to it.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

wat

You mean only two mers showed up for the whole weekend? And I thought last year's pod meet was bad. We had only six.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 06-13-2015 at 05:52 PM. Reason: words

yep. i think six would be a nice cozy group. But more is always merrier. Maybe next time!!

Maybe it's just me! I'm used to big numbers. When I go to local furry fandom meets we usually have up to 100 furs show up- and that's just our monthly local meet.

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    If anyone is willing to host one again I'll try to make it this year. Last year we got bogged down by house hunting, so I fell off the mer network. We've got a house now, so except for durring July if anyone wants to meet up again I'd be free.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid_ashes View Post
    If anyone is willing to host one again I'll try to make it this year. Last year we got bogged down by house hunting, so I fell off the mer network. We've got a house now, so except for durring July if anyone wants to meet up again I'd be free.
    I wouldn't mind another trip to Krauss Springs, where we went last year. Not sure I can afford it tho!

I love Kruasue Springs! I really wanted to go to the one last year too.
    ~Mermaid AshesLaree~
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
    facebook
    instagram

If we manage to do anything, I'd want it to stay DFW-based (since everything has been down south, we need to have some up here!). Maybe I could do something for Clear Springs scuba park in Terrell. I wanted to do our June meet there, but we had a couple issues getting a straight answer out of them (and their service sucks according to nearly every review they have). Apparently they allow tails. I'd have to do a trial run there and talk to them more to make sure they're okay with tails- especially if it's a big pod meet.

I'd wait and see if anyone else wants to weigh in on having a second pod meet this summer. I mean I love having mermaid meets, no doubt about it (it's why I started the monthly DFW meet thread) but I want more than just a couple of us! I want a whole frigging pod swarming the area!!! I'd feel iffy about going thru all the work to do this and only a couple mers show up. But that's just me.

I understand not wanting to plan anything when no ones shows up. I've run into that issue before. I'd plan but I really don't have the time to. I may try to make it to a Dallas meet sometime soon though.
    ~Mermaid AshesLaree~
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
    facebook
    instagram

Our problem is distance. Texas is such a huge state and we're all spread out. We need to find a central location all can make it to.
    "Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." ~Sophia Loren

Sessilee means "Blind to Self Beauty"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidSessilee
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/SessileeStrfish

Formerly known as MermaidAmbrGlow

Quote Originally Posted by AmbrGlows View Post
    Our problem is distance. Texas is such a huge state and we're all spread out. We need to find a central location all can make it to.
    *pops out from lurking space*

i agree, i mean most of the places suggested i am not really familiar with, trying to find middle groud would feel more fair towards the group i feel. although my main thing is probably that i would prefer to show up once i have a tail, i will just feel more comfortable that way.

*swims back behind a rock*
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Well, someone feel free to suggest a spot where we may all be able to meet. I'm sticking with DFW just cuz that's my area and we've had meets down south the last couple years.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    If we're being literal, I think Austin and San Antonio are both kinda smack-dab in the middle. If that helps! <3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Member Pod of Texas MerDragon Arie's Avatar
    Add MerDragon Arie on Facebook
    There are amazing places around San Antonio and Austin both for mermeets! There are a few swimming holes around both of those areas that I have been looking at! https://rootsrated.com/stories/10-be...swimming-holes