Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map of Pods in the United States

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Here's the latest version of the map. I added names to the area's that previously didn't have a pod, so now all of the US is covered. Alaska and Hawaii are each their own pod. Feel free to give me feedback.

i believe i'm in the chesapeake pod. i live in south jersey, and i visit virginia VERY often. (:

I travel constantly. I am generally on the east coast. I have my home base in NYC, but live in FL and TN a lot... hmmmm... I think I should join a pod.

manlinghi or other administrator- i was thinking since many pods are quite large and some are starting to break up into states anyway, why not try to make each state its own pod and only combine those with few mers or ones that are just that small. like i think florida can officially be its own pod. georgia too. it might be a good idea to split california in to a southern and northern cali pods. is there a pod for alaska? i couldnt find one, might have been just me though. also, if possible, i think it would be cool to put a small picture of the crests by each pod's name in the forum search thing. like by 'Pod of Texas' have the pod of texas crest by it. also have the option for someone to have their pod crest on their personal page.
    im sorry for any impossible ideas i have suggested because of my ignorance. i understand that many dont have as much time as they wish they could have and i don't really expect anything instantly, only suggesting new ideas that might be interesting to try. thank you for your time!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    This puts me in the Rocky Mountain Pod. I thought so!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I just joined and I live in Tennessee. does this put me in the Pod of the South?

I am directly on the border of the New Engalnd Pod and Chesapeake pod so I guess I can be part of either one lol

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    Does Minnesota not have a pod?
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

Minnesota's pod is the pod of the great lakes. I always thought I was the only Minnesota mermaid. Glad to see I'm not alone after all

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of the Great Lakes
    Hi Ayla :3 but I'm not near the lakes, about 3 hours from Duluth! Urg, so frusterating /:
    I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. - Jorge Luis Borges
    Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Alice in Wonderland

formerly 'sophiadarling'

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    Im from Australia, and in the joining pods section in settings, i just chose "Oceana". That the Australia area .. right? (i dont know my geography that well)

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Im from Australia, and in the joining pods section in settings, i just chose "Oceana". That the Australia area .. right? (i dont know my geography that well)
    Yes!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I have a question... while I am in Oregon at present, I'm moving at the end of August back to San Diego. Can I join the So Cal pod now? Or do I need to wait. I'm not going to join the NW pod because frankly I don't want to get to know anyone here, since I am about to leave and it's REALLY hard up here to get out anyway.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I have a question... while I am in Oregon at present, I'm moving at the end of August back to San Diego. Can I join the So Cal pod now? Or do I need to wait. I'm not going to join the NW pod because frankly I don't want to get to know anyone here, since I am about to leave and it's REALLY hard up here to get out anyway.
    You can totally join it now. The pods don't have strict membership rules. They're just there to help people connect with people in their community and stuff. By the way, when are you arriving? Cause we're having a meetup the weekend of the 18th.

I will be back in San Diego sometime in the beginning of September. Things are going to be rough for a bit while my mom and I look for a place to live together, and after that I hope life can be something more like I want it to be. And thanks, I'll join... which is weird for me, I'm so not gregarious but I'm going to give it a go.

i wish there was a tri-state area pod. i have been talking to a lot of people in nj/pa/ny that would like it too. and i never go as far up as new england normally and i don't go down south. i go from pa to ny to nj all the time. or cane we form some sort of mini pods within the larger pods?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    i wish there was a tri-state area pod. i have been talking to a lot of people in nj/pa/ny that would like it too. and i never go as far up as new england normally and i don't go down south. i go from pa to ny to nj all the time. or cane we form some sort of mini pods within the larger pods?
    I think the way the pods are mapped out "New England" is extended to the other states in the area, and not just the states commonly referred to as "New England".
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Does that make Minnesota part of the Midwest pod yes?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod WillowAnne's Avatar
    I am in KY (on the border of IN and KY), so does this make me a member of the Great Lakes Pod? It seems like everyone would be soooo far away. Are there any other KY members here?