Thread: Lubricant Eye Gel

Lubricant Eye Gel

I used Systane Gel Drops Lubricant Eye Gel for the first time today while swimming. It. Was. AMAZING. I'm generally not comfortable swimming underwater with my eyes open because it's uncomfortable and sometimes painful even. With these drops in, it was comfortable and pleasant. After getting used to the feeling of having my eyes open, I felt more confident swimming with my monofin than when I wore goggles. After about 45 minutes or an hour, the water slowly started to irritate my eyes again, but I'm sure reapplying would fix this.

For anyone who is interested, you put the drops in like a regular eye drop but it's much thicker (because it's gel) so it kinda just slides in. Blink and roll your eyes a few times and you're covered! I'm not positive if it's the drops or just my vision without contacts, but everything is a but blurrier after application.

I would definitely recommend eye gel drops!

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Did you find them at a drug store? I've been checking for them and haven't been able to find any.

I found some at Target! I think it was $12. You can order it online as well!

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Awesome! I haven't looked for it at Target. Thanks!

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    Are they safe to use? I only ask because several types of eye drops tend to irritate my eyes

I think so. The only warnings given state not to use it if the gel turns a color other than clear or if you are sensitive to an ingredient. If you have problems with other eye drops you might want to just test it out in one eye on land first and see if it bothers you. Maybe ask your eye doctor too?

Do you know if you can use the eye gel with contact lenses?

I don't think you can. You aren't supposed to open your eyes underwater with contacts anyways so I think that would just make more problems, you know? Also the gel is super sticky so that could be weird too!

Here is a helpful Amazon link to a similar product, for anyone interested.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000534X3/ref

And through music my soul began to soar...~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Genteal is my fav

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Genteal is my fav

Where in Canada do you get this? It's super expensive
    if I buy it off Amazon!

Does it affect your normal vision when you're not swimming? I can deal with the blurriness of being underwater but I've never needed glasses and don't think I'd adjust well to not being able to see out of the water.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com