Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Merfest for Mer's of Australia!

Hey I'm totally in but also dont have enough money to book anything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would also be great if we could book a function room or something and have a big party together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Rebecca View Post
    Would love too but have no money to book or do anything yet! Also have no tail and wont have the cash for a silicone tail yet don't even have a flipper yet as can't afford it! But would love to go! Ugh damn it! Am also trying to set up a Jewellery Making business online but no mermaid stuff yet! Hopefully I can still show it off here? But hopefully I can do it as I would so love too but then there goes my savings towards a tail when I can get them too ugh damn it! Sounds like so much fun!
    Well you can just save up to come along and food stuff. I can bring a spare fabric tail or two and a spare fin. Don't know which spare fin yet, most likely the foil, which I am receiving soon. I got a S size foil, fits ladies shoe size 6-9.

If you're interested, I'm selling my old Merfin. You can find details here.
    http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...MerFin-Adult-S

I can't book mine just yet. My cousin's wedding takes precedence over this. And he's not set a date, all we were told was, "Sometime in 2015".

Or share a room...
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 01-04-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Yeah will see still have to convince others its a good thing to go to and take a chance on and would be something I need to do and thanks for tail offer at it will keep it in mind much appreciated!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    For everyone worrying about booking right now, you can all calm down because they're not even taking bookings for next January anyway. It's only to December at the moment so it's a 12 months in advance thing. Also remember it's not until 2016, so you have all year to save for it. But I agree, renting a function room even for a night would be most awesome!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Leira's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Leira on Facebook
    Absolutely! and why not have it in Aus, that pool sounds amazing! Cound me in 100%

Just don't make me sing karaoke! I have a terrible voice and will break your cameras and ear drums!

lol @Jaffa at least I have a decent if loud singing voice lol if I can convince people its okay to go to something with people I don't know in person! Sigh arguement so far is its in a hotel in a public place will have our own rooms no need to say if we share lol and that its for 2 days for a mer fest and it could be a new chance for me to make friends with people who share the same interests as me Just hope it works lol wish me luck!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    My plan is as soon as you can book and we are happy with the dates I will book/pay for my two rooms and then book flights later when a special pops up and I'm happy to share a room if need be
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Have been told I can come if I bring along someone else Just till I get to know you all so now to find someone else to come along To be honest though they may not be as much mermaid happy as I am though lol but guess I have to hope and wait and see After that I can come alone. Sigh 28 years old with a disability and people are still looking out for me and don't want me meeting new people alone even though they are all ladies :P Just have to hope the person I asked says they will go as I really want to come to this and thanks to mermaid Jaffa I will have the offer of a tail to try out at it! Which I so want to do and think will be so much fun!
    Last edited by Mermaid Silverlilly; 01-05-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Totally in. Just gotta save on top of the many other things I'm saving for lol
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

I will also bring a softer fin like the Fin Fun because you just said you are disabled. And well, I don't want to get in trouble if I bring a harder one and you... er... can't swim in it.

But I'll bring them both and you can try! I wear a ladies size 12 tail, if not the same size, just borrow the fins.

Well I have Asbergers syndrome and a ankle injury right now that is recovering that I am in a brace for! Just dont go away from home much but really want to go to this lol And thanks sounds amazing! I am a size 61/2 foot usually! I really want to come Thanks At least after the first time when I get to know you guys if I can come I will be able to come alone! But being able to try both sounds great thanks a ton! Particulary since I want to meet others with the same interests as me or similar etc!
    Last edited by Mermaid Silverlilly; 01-05-2015 at 12:37 AM.

What's the water depth? I can't find anything about it.

Another thing we may want to consider is possibly doing this during the week? I'm just looking at prices and using December as a bit of a guide and doing it during the week it can save $40 a night. I mean it's just an idea. I don't know how flights work either if they're cheaper during the week or not? Since it's the holidays I wasn't sure if the fact it's a week day mattered too much or not, though I'm aware people will likely have to take work off if it's a week day. But I'm assuming dates will be discussed at more of a length once they actually become available in like a month or so. Also I believe they may offer discounts if we need 10 rooms or more so that may also be something we want to think about.

Name:  room price.png
Views: 349
Size:  31.7 KB
    Last edited by Mer-Crazy; 01-05-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Oh my god you guys. This sounds amazing. Can I come?!?!! My husband's from Townsville and his brother lives near the Gold Coast, and I think we might plan to go back to Aus in 2016 for his mum's 60th birthday anyway. I'm going to try to convince him to make a side trip!!!

The Gold Coast is pretty warm all year so I personally think we could pick any time of the year and we'd still be alright.

Theobromine: Of course! Anyone from around the world would be able to join in, so long as you can get there!

I so want to do this it will be amazing and its good we have all year to save for it as well Excited about it and hoping I can come as I really want too and if I don't have a tail thanks to mermaid Jaffa I will be able to try a tail out Thanks a ton!

Well I'll probably being both of my tails down (should have my new Merbella one by then so I'll have a full silicone and a partial one) and if you're a short size 10 I'd be more than happy to lend the basic out as well as both of my monofins- a finis tempo (size like 6 I think) and a medium finis trainer 2 (up to size 9)

Aww thanks I would love that take normally a size 10 to 12 in pants And I am a short person lol :P I just really want to do this would be a dream! Thanks