Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VT/NH/Upper NY mers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Pod of New England
    Hi, I hope i'm in the right pod here. I'm looking around for other merfolk who know the rochester area, who might be able to point me to some tail friendly locations (be it beaches or pools) to swim? I want to get into the mercommunity but not until I know I have places to swim. Can anybody help?

Hi! Im also out of the Rochester area. Unfortunately I haven’t found any public pools that allow tails. I’ve done photos by the lake but not actually swim. Sadly I don’t get a lot of actual swim time around here unless it’s in a private pool.

I posted below but wanted to add that I live not far from Sodus Point, which has a beach. It could be fun to do a little mer meetup with the 3 or 4 of us in the Rochester area

Junior Member Pod of New England
    Nice to meet you, Mermaid Tory! Sodus point is about 45 mintues from me, so if sometime in the distance future (when i've actually sorted out this little idea of mine to become a mermaid, have made a tail etc) a mer-meet up sounds like fun! I did just tonight notice that a Monroe family YMCA offered a FREE mermaid swim class, which I find optomistic and kinda exciting. You'd think that if they're offering this class, and it's free, they would be willing to accept mermaids. Kinda seems like they're encouraging mertraffic.
    Unfortunately, it's tomorrow (the 21st) and without a tail or monofin, going is kinda pointless for me. However, here's the link and address if it's of any interest to you for whatever reason.
    https://rochesterymca.org/monroe/blo...mermaid-tails/
    797 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14607