Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Mers Here That Love or Like Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    Yup! XD We watch anime at least once a week in my apartment, with my boyfriend and Onii-chan. I've taken some japanese classes, but geez it is a hard language. I know I've seen you post some anime's I really need to check out.
    List of anime's I watch (prepare yourself! XD):Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titan), Sword Art Online, Noragami, Rozen Maiden, Pandora Hearts, Spice and Wolf, Chobits, Fate/Stay Night, Black Cat, Seto no Hanayome, Accel World, Clannad, Romeo x Juliet, Shakugan no Shana, K-On, High School of the Dead, K Project, Toradora, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Zero No Tsukaima and Mermaid Melody.

Woo! XD That's most of them, but not all. I've been dying to re-watch Noragami again because it's such a good one. I'm also a Vocaloid and Ragnarok Online fan, but I don't think those really count (although I know Ragnarok has a manga and an anime, I just prefer the game).
    Yusss I post way too much anime stuff on my instagram account haha lol oo Japanese classes that does sound hard i know my best friend who took classes herself were really hard lol Ahhhhh XD I see a lot of my favorites you have seen ones I haven't seen out of your list is Pandora hearts, Accel world, Norgami and K project. I am half way through attack on titan currently as I am slow with keeping up with new animes lol I really really want to see Norgami looks so good it actually is the next anime I am intending to watch soon as our internet stops being slow haha
    I could never get into vocaloid but I do like some of the music not all some haha lol and

It's super nice to see soo many mermaids who like anime or anything japanese !!!
    Please feel free to add me and we can talk anime

If anyone has myanimelist.net I can add you as a friend on there I use it to track what anime I am watching or what manga I am reading

http://myanimelist.net/profile/xAnimeHeartx

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    *comes running into the room*

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE~

Oh this made me laugh hehe soo cute

Vixy: I love binging soo much I feel you there hehe You should cosplay it is fun OOO I really want to watch Ao No Exorcist looks awesome
    Merdude ricky: I haven't kept with sword art online either and attack on titan I'm only half way through lol Soul eater really awesome show !
    lovelyleta: I have seen a bit of aria the animation it is a very relaxing, refreshing anime I quite enjoyed it hehe I love slice of life too then again I like many lol
    Mermaid Jamie: Oh thats awesome still
    Mermaid Ciara: I haven't seen tokyo ghoul or madoka yet either they will be last on my list I reckon lol I am half way through attack on titan I keep thinking to myself why didn't I watch it sooner haha lol

Feel free to respond to this wall of text haha lol

PLEASE watch Noragami! It's so amazing and funny. It is one of my favorites!
    I love that we have other anime mers here, it's awesome!

I have myanimelist, but for some reason every time I try to log onto my account it locks me out for 2 hours and says I've had too many failed login attempts, when I only attempt it once. It sucks. I've had to just leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    PLEASE watch Noragami! It's so amazing and funny. It is one of my favorites!
    I love that we have other anime mers here, it's awesome!

I have myanimelist, but for some reason every time I try to log onto my account it locks me out for 2 hours and says I've had too many failed login attempts, when I only attempt it once. It sucks. I've had to just leave it.
    OH I def will when I go to the library this week to binge off their free internet and I'll tell you what I think about it too when I've watched it and we can fangirl together
    Oh really stupid thing x.x

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    *comes running into the room*

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE~

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    ​i have found my people

I not only watch animes but i also like to read a lot of mangas aswell

Fellow mernerds!!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Raises hand! :3

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Me! Manga's and Anime's for me
    Your imagination is your only limit

I used to be one of those anime nerds in high school that would collect manga and draw anime OCs in every class. But I've mellowed out over the last ten years and realized there's no way I like all anime, or even most of it. There's too many repeat trope characters and unnecessary fan-service in the medium as a whole so I've gone back to getting my kicks from fantasy novels and D&D. (Before anime I was one of those dragon-obsessed kids, lol.)

Anime that I like
    >Dragonball Z (Only the Abridged version though. But to be fair the production quality is so good that it may as well BE a dub.)
    >Ancient Magus's Bride
    >Chobits
    >Sailor Moon (From a historic and nostalgia standpoint only. Looking back it has some really bad writing.)
    >Some of the Ghibli films. (They aren't ALL the end-all be-all levels of amazing that everyone says they are. The animation is good but I thought Spirited Away was really boring.)

I think there might be more but the fact that I'm forgetting them is pretty telling...
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    i like anime and manga. my husband streams anime on crunchyroll, so i've been exposed to a lot of new shows. some i like, some i wtf at.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I used to be quite into anime and manga, but these days I can't seem to find anything worth watching. I prefer a more mature cast/story line, and I find the high school & teenager-centric themes rather annoying. I also tend not to get along with people who don't just enjoy the medium, but instead view it as an accurate representation of Japanese life/culture. They come to this country with the idea that it is just more media to be consumed and enjoyed instead of peoples l lives and the real world.

That aside, I definitely appreciate the art and how it can get people involved in a different culture if they choose to honestly study and learn about Japanese culture and society. I enjoy(ed) anime and manga, and hope other people can take the same initiatives I have to look past the pop-culture to learn more about societies different than their own.

Edit: I feel like this post can come off as aggressive I'm not a total scrooge, I swear! I'm really into Cowboy Bebop and Banana Fish, and have read/watched countless others. Ask me for suggestions

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Weee banana fish! *W* I can relate to what you said btw, but all it takes is looking harder, there are still great stories behind the more commercial ones! My absolute fav is Full metal alchemist, and the most recent one is definitely Houseki no kuni (both manga and anime)! No stupid stereotypes/ oversexual themes there! (Even though I'm not against silly stories. They can be funny, the important is to remember Japan culture is much more)

I enjoy anime and comics and general geekyness. I am actually got into mermaiding because of cosplay. However I don’t watch it as much as I used to. Right now I am part of the way through outlaw star and am mostly caught up on my hero academia. There are so many shows on my list and I just don’t have enough time (or attention span)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidStormy View Post
    Soooo underneath being a mermaid I am a major anime freak and I was wondering if there were any other mers who like or love anime too? I don't have many people to converse with over anime with ,would be nice to have other people to talk about it with?
    Doesn't matter what it is you like
    My favorite anime is Witch Hunter Robin, and i'm happy to say I own the whole series on dvd.

Yes I beinge watch anime constantly, have a Netflix Hulu and Funimation subscription for it !!!! Can’t wait for the new 7 deadly sins episodes this month !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Yasss! I love anime. I have Hulu and Netflix to supply me with shows.

Sent from my SM-G930T using MerNetwork mobile app

Oh man, I love anime! I enjoy a lot of action-type genres and shounen-ai (which is action but prettier, in a way).

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Pod of Texas
    I like anime and grew up watching DBZ. Anyone here watched Fruits Basket?