Hello, merfolk! I just came across this forum a few days ago while I was looking up some stuff about seashells. I've come across videos of mermaiding before, but I wasn't sure how to find more information on this hobby. Heck, I didn't even know the proper name of this hobby until I stumbled across this forum. I've read through some threads, and mermaiding looks fun. So, I figured I'd make an account here.

As for merfolk themselves, I suppose my interest in them began back when I was little. I've had an interest in anything having to do with the ocean for as long as I can remember, and even had considered being a marine biologist at one point in my life. On the fictional side of things I think the major catalyst for my interest in any sort of underwater civilization are the Ecco the Dolphin video games. While the Ecco games don't have any mermaids they do have a surreal new age-y sci-fi atmosphere to them that I've found myself thinking back to whenever I'm thinking up underwater people, mermaids or not.

In fact, I'm looking towards aspects of the Ecco videos games for inspiration for my mersona. I don't have a name picked out yet, but I do know that my mersona is a crustacean mermaid. Instead of a fish tail she has a tail like a lobster's or a mantis shrimp's.

I think I've said enough for now. I'll be hanging around.